Author Topic: Has your POI Come back while you were actively waiting?  (Read 17814 times)

Offline Realrealwater

Has your POI Come back while you were actively waiting?
« on: May 06, 2020, 09:32:22 PM »
I see a lot of stories about letting go and them coming back but of course we are on a psychic review site and most of us have pending predictions and are still invested in seeing a certain outcome.
So I wanted to know of those who weren't just happy and almost over their poi when they reached out. ...I guess, I’m asking those who heard from their POI whilst actively waiting (even if you had given up the readings etc)
I’m interested cos it’s making me feel like I’m blocking something for still holding on however I’ve seen many a story on here of those who still were in love and holding out and their predictions come into fruition.
Especially those who had not been in contact for a long enough to doubt ...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:35:52 PM by Realrealwater »

Offline _sydney_vicious_

Re: Has your POI Come back while you were actively waiting?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 11:56:42 PM »
Okay so I believe I fall into your category so I can probably tell you my story.

My boyfriend who we'll call Nick and I dated for two years before breaking up in September 2018. The breakup was my fault and I was devastated (before you ask, there was no cheating involved). Anyways we were officially broken up for six months but during those six months it definitely got heated at times and it was getting to the point where I fully resented him. I was definitely binging on readings around that point too. 90% of the readers said they saw us reconciling in the spring or the summer. Well what reunited Nick and I was a music festival. I'd gotten both of us tickets prior to the breakup and since we were getting along better by March he asked if he could go, and I agreed since I hadn't sold the ticket yet. However I remember by that point I was kind of over it, and tired of trying to win him back. Since this festival was out of town Nick and I would be staying together for almost a week straight - something we hadn't done since the breakup. I remember being nervous and kind of dreading it. I drove us there and all I remember thinking was that I made a mistake about agreeing to take him and how wished he wasn't there so I can be "single". Well by the second day of the festival he told me he sees a future with me and wanted to get back together. But the weird thing is I didn't feel anything when he told me. I was still mehh about it because I think I was over it (he had been wishy washy about getting back together prior to this weekend). Anyways I never told him any of how I really felt, and decided to get back with him. I told myself to take this for a test drive for the next couple of months to see if my mood would change - it took an entire MONTH AND A HALF for me to feel things for him again (a part of me feels like my guard was up since he was 50/50 prior to this). We are back together and have been for almost a little over a year now, and thankfully my feelings for him have completely changed since that weekend.

Offline Realrealwater

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 12:11:52 AM »
Okay so I believe I fall into your category so I can probably tell you my story.

My boyfriend who we'll call Nick and I dated for two years before breaking up in September 2018. The breakup was my fault and I was devastated (before you ask, there was no cheating involved). Anyways we were officially broken up for six months but during those six months it definitely got heated at times and it was getting to the point where I fully resented him. I was definitely binging on readings around that point too. 90% of the readers said they saw us reconciling in the spring or the summer. Well what reunited Nick and I was a music festival. I'd gotten both of us tickets prior to the breakup and since we were getting along better by March he asked if he could go, and I agreed since I hadn't sold the ticket yet. However I remember by that point I was kind of over it, and tired of trying to win him back. Since this festival was out of town Nick and I would be staying together for almost a week straight - something we hadn't done since the breakup. I remember being nervous and kind of dreading it. I drove us there and all I remember thinking was that I made a mistake about agreeing to take him and how wished he wasn't there so I can be "single". Well by the second day of the festival he told me he sees a future with me and wanted to get back together. But the weird thing is I didn't feel anything when he told me. I was still mehh about it because I think I was over it (he had been wishy washy about getting back together prior to this weekend). Anyways I never told him any of how I really felt, and decided to get back with him. I told myself to take this for a test drive for the next couple of months to see if my mood would change - it took an entire MONTH AND A HALF for me to feel things for him again (a part of me feels like my guard was up since he was 50/50 prior to this). We are back together and have been for almost a little over a year now, and thankfully my feelings for him have completely changed since that weekend.

Hey hun, by getting resentful etc does that mean you guys were still in contact in some way during these 6 months ?

Offline Ninacy

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 12:32:11 AM »
I see a lot of stories about letting go and them coming back but of course we are on a psychic review site and most of us have pending predictions and are still invested in seeing a certain outcome.
So I wanted to know of those who weren't just happy and almost over their poi when they reached out. ...I guess, I’m asking those who heard from their POI whilst actively waiting (even if you had given up the readings etc)
I’m interested cos it’s making me feel like I’m blocking something for still holding on however I’ve seen many a story on here of those who still were in love and holding out and their predictions come into fruition.

I personally don't believe that waiting for something will actually block it from happening. I had an ex contact me out of the blue after  a year and half of waiting for him, but the second ex who I spend a small fortune on psychic readings about, never came back and it's been 5 years in total ever since we broke up. I gave up asking about him in around three years after so many failed contact predictions. It's been two years that I gave up waiting for him and still, nada, no contact whatsoever, and chances are he is in his second or third relationship after me and will never contact me again-I mean if he hasn't contacted me for 5 fricking years, how is he going to contact me now?

Bottom line, if someone is destined to come back to your life, they will, sooner or later, waiting or non-waiting. If your POI is an empath and sensitive to energies, they might sense that you are waiting for them and back off--which is why some members report getting phone calls from their exes only after they gave up asking and caring about them.

However, from my experience, especially when it comes to males and young people especially, most are spiritual insensitive and can't feel any deeper spiritual bonds like we do, they either like you or not, plain and simple. If they are wishy-washy and unsure, they will just keep you as an option, booty call, whatever, in case things turn sour with the other person. And if they do come back, like so many psychics predicted, in most cases, it's not for a good reason with a fairytale ending. It happens but it's not the norm.

So don't beat yourself for waiting, if that person is destined to come back they will, no matter what you do or feel.

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 12:39:36 AM »

I personally don't believe that waiting for something will actually block it from happening. I had an ex contact me out of the blue after  a year and half of waiting for him, but the second ex who I spend a small fortune on psychic readings about, never came back and it's been 5 years in total ever since we broke up. I gave up asking about him in around three years after so many failed contact predictions. It's been two years that I gave up waiting for him and still, nada, no contact whatsoever, and chances are he is in his second or third relationship after me and will never contact me again-I mean if he hasn't contacted me for 5 fricking years, how is he going to contact me now?

Bottom line, if someone is destined to come back to your life, they will, sooner or later, waiting or non-waiting. If your POI is an empath and sensitive to energies, they might sense that you are waiting for them and back off--which is why some members report getting phone calls from their exes only after they gave up asking and caring about them.

However, from my experience, especially when it comes to males and young people especially, most are spiritual insensitive and can't feel any deeper spiritual bonds like we do, they either like you or not, plain and simple. If they are wishy-washy and unsure, they will just keep you as an option, booty call, whatever, in case things turn sour with the other person. And if they do come back, like so many psychics predicted, in most cases, it's not for a good reason with a fairytale ending. It happens but it's not the norm.

So don't beat yourself for waiting, if that person is destined to come back they will, no matter what you do or feel.

I totally agree.

Offline aries1995

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 12:46:06 AM »
With an ex I was actively waiting and got contact but I was living my own life. I wasn't getting readings and I didn't stop myself talking to other guys. He used to come and go a lot so I learned its best to keep busy. So even if he didn't contact me I was in a good place. Whereas with my ex now I've put my life on hold waiting for him and nothing.

I agree with the above that if someone is destined for you they come back and that maybe they can sense you're no longer enquiring so they contact you.

Offline Realrealwater

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 12:54:28 AM »

Wow. The last part made me feel like I wasn’t a loser for the first time in a while lol It’s very true. I appreciate your response more than you know. Thank you x

Offline sunshineluv7

• Psychic Callers Anonymous Support Board
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 12:58:15 AM »
My take on this is that - yes - people tend to come back when you've "let go" - maybe not so much let go of them entirely, but decided to continue on with your life regardless, trusting that God/the universe etc will present you with the best person for you at the time, and sometimes that's nobody but yourself.

I think for a reconnect to happen - things have to change in both "energy fields". Think of it like magnets. At one point, you attracted each other. As things evolved, things went awry and there became a repulsion of some sort that one person was more sensitive to than the other (if we're truly honest, usually both people recognize some kind of tension, but one person is less inclined to hang around and stick it out/wade through it).

It could also be because we are always evolving anyway at our own speeds, and so at one point we attract each other, then one person grows but the other doesn't, or both grow but at different speeds and there's an imbalance, etc.

When the "happy place" is achieved and the magnetism is back, is when contact/a reconciliation opportunity occurs.

And most of the time if we are truly still missing/grieving them, the energy is too "heavy" for them to find an easy path back. It has to be light. So we have to process our crap and get back to happy places (whatever that means for us) to be in this area where we are able to "receive" incoming connections.

I know, sounds loopy. But that's how I think it works. It's not this stagnant, "dear psychic will we talk again?" "yes/no"   it's "as things stand, yes" but that's looking at both of your energy fields. if one grows more toxic (gets more depressed by waiting, cause who ever liked waiting, for example) then it could "slow down" that chance.

But truly - I feel if we focus and go deep within ourselves, and ask ourselves is this person coming back around, we KNOW the answer. It just may not be WHEN we would like. and it might be too late. Or not.

Offline Realrealwater

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 01:01:20 AM »
With an ex I was actively waiting and got contact but I was living my own life. I wasn't getting readings and I didn't stop myself talking to other guys. He used to come and go a lot so I learned its best to keep busy. So even if he didn't contact me I was in a good place. Whereas with my ex now I've put my life on hold waiting for him and nothing.

I agree with the above that if someone is destined for you they come back and that maybe they can sense you're no longer enquiring so they contact you.

Can I ask how long you have been waiting?
I dunno I feel stuck cos I’ve been living my life then I’ll have these shifts where for a week or a month I will feel as if it happened yesterday& just be all types of messed up. It’s getting exhausting & I’m so tired. I want to get off this ride. I’ve never felt so powerless in my life.

Offline Realrealwater

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 01:05:48 AM »
My take on this is that - yes - people tend to come back when you've "let go" - maybe not so much let go of them entirely, but decided to continue on with your life regardless, trusting that God/the universe etc will present you with the best person for you at the time, and sometimes that's nobody but yourself.

I think for a reconnect to happen - things have to change in both "energy fields". Think of it like magnets. At one point, you attracted each other. As things evolved, things went awry and there became a repulsion of some sort that one person was more sensitive to than the other (if we're truly honest, usually both people recognize some kind of tension, but one person is less inclined to hang around and stick it out/wade through it).

It could also be because we are always evolving anyway at our own speeds, and so at one point we attract each other, then one person grows but the other doesn't, or both grow but at different speeds and there's an imbalance, etc.

When the "happy place" is achieved and the magnetism is back, is when contact/a reconciliation opportunity occurs.

And most of the time if we are truly still missing/grieving them, the energy is too "heavy" for them to find an easy path back. It has to be light. So we have to process our crap and get back to happy places (whatever that means for us) to be in this area where we are able to "receive" incoming connections.

I know, sounds loopy. But that's how I think it works. It's not this stagnant, "dear psychic will we talk again?" "yes/no"   it's "as things stand, yes" but that's looking at both of your energy fields. if one grows more toxic (gets more depressed by waiting, cause who ever liked waiting, for example) then it could "slow down" that chance.

But truly - I feel if we focus and go deep within ourselves, and ask ourselves is this person coming back around, we KNOW the answer. It just may not be WHEN we would like. and it might be too late. Or not.

I believe so too. It was very evident in my relationship that once I started feeling less needy, decided to give more attention to other aspects in my life.
Even small things like not waking up to a good morning text...saying eff it& going to start my day. I’d cone back to a message from him.
Even when we were having a rough patch - I just put the focus on me and decided to stop crying in bed. This was the best our relationship was outside of the honeymoon stage.
So you have a point - just need to get unstuck :/

Offline sunshineluv7

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 01:13:42 AM »
That's grief hun. Totally normal. And yes, it's hard but we do grieve living people when they leave our lives like that.

I really highly recommend this book: https://www.amazon.com/Grief-Recovery-Handbook-Anniversary-Expanded-ebook/dp/B001NLKYIS/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=grief&qid=1588813659&sr=8-7

Losing people we love is HAAAARD and one way I tried to cope with it (personally) was by getting readings. I liked the readings with the outcomes I wanted (duh), and it allowed me to skip over the present (where I was so unhappy) and kind of live in the future mentally so I didn't have to deal with how I was feeling.

But you're so much freer when you go into the not-fun feelings and process them. To me, that's what stopped the "waves" of sadness and missing etc.

And mentally, I had to learn - if I was going to keep getting readings - that I had to watch myself for using it as an avoidance tactic. E.g. was it stopping me from facing my REALITY in the present.

A lot of this has to do with distress tolerance skills - or did for me anyway - which I was severely lacking in. "A key ingredient of distress tolerance is the concept of radical acceptance. This refers to experiencing the situation and accepting the reality of it when it is something the person cannot change. By practicing radical acceptance without being judgmental or trying to fight reality, the client will be less vulnerable to intense and prolonged negative feelings. "

https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/distress-tolerance-dialectical-behavior-therapy-0117134

Offline sunshineluv7

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 01:17:20 AM »
Be gentle with yourself, too.

It's totally OKAY that you still feel how you feel. Could it be just a bad day? With me, I've learned that some days are just bad days emotionally (where I feel hopeless, etc) and other days I'm balanced and can look at this objectively and be a little hopeful. So now I can tell myself "It's just a bad day, relax self" etc. Instead of kind of thinking this is it *Forever*. But that's kind of my own ghosts I deal with lol.

The COVID thing has everyone going a little nuts because it's hard to just live life as we normally might, there are a lot less distractions to entice ourselves with to pull ourselves out of moping about a relationship we wish was different. 

Offline Natashanyc

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 02:52:22 AM »
I agree with theawakened1 and I also have a question to whomever wants to answer from this thread ...

What would you do in the event you were “waiting” and a new person found interest in you and shows better qualities than the poi you are waiting on ? Do you dismiss the opportunity because you are focused on who u believe you are in love with or do you take a leap of faith and explore someone new? What if the new opportunity was a better kind of man/woman for you ?

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2020, 03:31:04 AM »

My boyfriend who we'll call Ryan and I dated for two years before breaking up in September 2018. The breakup was my fault and I was devastated (before you ask, there was no cheating involved). Anyways we were officially broken up for six months but during those six months it definitely got heated at times and it was getting to the point where I fully resented him. I was definitely binging on readings around that point too. 90% of the readers said they saw us reconciling in the spring or the summer. Well what reunited Nick and I was a music festival. I'd gotten both of us tickets prior to the breakup and since we were getting along better by March he asked if he could go, and I agreed since I hadn't sold the ticket yet. However I remember by that point I was kind of over it, and tired of trying to win him back. Since this festival was out of town Nick and I would be staying together for almost a week straight - something we hadn't done since the breakup. I remember being nervous and kind of dreading it. I drove us there and all I remember thinking was that I made a mistake about agreeing to take him and how wished he wasn't there so I can be "single". Well by the second day of the festival he told me he sees a future with me and wanted to get back together. But the weird thing is I didn't feel anything when he told me. I was still mehh about it because I think I was over it (he had been wishy washy about getting back together prior to this weekend). Anyways I never told him any of how I really felt, and decided to get back with him. I told myself to take this for a test drive for the next couple of months to see if my mood would change - it took an entire MONTH AND A HALF for me to feel things for him again (a part of me feels like my guard was up since he was 50/50 prior to this). We are back together and have been for almost a little over a year now, and thankfully my feelings for him have completely changed since that weekend.

Hey hun, by getting resentful etc does that mean you guys were still in contact in some way during these 6 months ?

Correct, for the most part we were still texting but would maybe only see each other once every two or so weeks IF things were calm and there hadn't been a fight or anything that week. I mentioned our breakup was six months, however the fourth month of our breakup we didn't see or speak to each other at all. I think for me this was when the resentment grew even more which caused me to feel the way I did when we got back together.

I do want to add in that during these six months I did try and date other people, but to be honest the breakup was on my mind and I put myself out there when I wasn't ready. Nick too was seeing other girls and I guess he was in the same boat I was in. But during those six months of a break, neither one of us dated other people in a serious or even semi-serious matter.

Offline russianred

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 04:24:59 AM »
This question has always fascinated me.  I just had started to give up hope and move from longing to some anger when POI came back.  It was about 2 and a half months from when I broke it off (which triggered me to binge) to when he came back.  Throughout that time the ball was in his court as to whether we would reunite (long story but will discuss via PM if you want).  I had drastically reduced my readings by that point and the couple I got were negative.  We were still in contact throughout the time apart.  So this wasn't a years without contact and then he finally came back situation.  I know some of you probably think of 2.5 months as nothing, and I get it!

I don't think that you shouldn't beat yourself up for waiting.  I think that makes the pain of waiting even worse.  And I can relate to feeling OK some days but then having it all come crashing back down on me on others.  That being said, I also think that our brains can overstate how fantastic POI is through the obsessing, longing, wishing, and readings.  I know people have different views about soulmates, etc. and I'm not sure where I fall on that, but for a little while, I was basically thinking of him as if he was the only man in the world with whom I could ever feel a connection again.

I don't know if I agree with the idea that either someone will want to come back or not, though, I just feel like there have been too many stories where the POI comes back after the person stops binging on readings and stops waiting around for him.  I would be curious if someone had POI come back after maintaining consistent readings and hopes.

One concept I found helpful during this time is the distinction between moving on and moving forward -- the former being the "I'm done, screw him" energy and the latter being more of the "I'm hopeful but I'm also not closing myself to other opportunities" energy, which allows you to be at least open.  Not sure if I ever mastered that though as I'm a black-and-white person. It also helped for me to meditate on the concept of control -- my desire for controlling the outcome and timing of whether we reunited, my desire to control his own journey, and my attempt to control a situation where I had virtually no control through psychic readings.

I hope this helps.  I enjoy reading the responses.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:37:00 AM by russianred »

anything