Author Topic: No Contact  (Read 11858 times)

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
No Contact
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »
I just wanted to take a moment to tell all of you who have waited patiently without initiating contact with your ex that you should be very proud of yourselves!!!!!

In a way, I have been very lucky (and stupid ;)) because both my SMs work at the same facility and I get to see them from afar or I get some contact with them.  It's only been 6 days since I last spoke with Chance, and only 2 weeks since we haven't spent time together, yet I am having such a tough time.  I don't know if it's because I am such an emotional Libra or what, but going from daily contact to no contact really hurts and is so difficult to maintain.

How long have you guys gone without contact?  I guess I just need to hear that it can be done, so that I can be encouraged to do it.  I want to call, text, see him... anything so bad!!!   :'(

Offline haileyn

Re: No Contact
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:21:54 PM »
I just wanted to take a moment to tell all of you who have waited patiently without initiating contact with your ex that you should be very proud of yourselves!!!!!

In a way, I have been very lucky (and stupid ;)) because both my SMs work at the same facility and I get to see them from afar or I get some contact with them.  It's only been 6 days since I last spoke with Chance, and only 2 weeks since we haven't spent time together, yet I am having such a tough time.  I don't know if it's because I am such an emotional Libra or what, but going from daily contact to no contact really hurts and is so difficult to maintain.

How long have you guys gone without contact?  I guess I just need to hear that it can be done, so that I can be encouraged to do it.  I want to call, text, see him... anything so bad!!!   :'(

Going on 3 months next week, right on Valentine's Day...

Offline Nottakingthebait

• Veterans
  • “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »
 ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:02:39 AM by Nottakingthebait »

Offline LiveLaughLove

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 12:14:50 AM »
5 months for me...:-/

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 12:39:20 AM »
Wow!!  You guys have really made it so long!  That's a huge accomplishment for each and every one of you!! I actually feel a lot better!  Thanks for sharing!! 

I haven't had a reading today, and it's been great.  I had scheduled a reading with Althea, but I cancelled it because the person just added an HOUR to their time!!!!!!  AND somehow the system put someone else in front of me! I'm going to go home and enjoy my daughters instead of waiting around for her call. :)

Offline haileyn

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 01:09:29 AM »
Wow!!  You guys have really made it so long!  That's a huge accomplishment for each and every one of you!! I actually feel a lot better!  Thanks for sharing!! 

I haven't had a reading today, and it's been great.  I had scheduled a reading with Althea, but I cancelled it because the person just added an HOUR to their time!!!!!!  AND somehow the system put someone else in front of me! I'm going to go home and enjoy my daughters instead of waiting around for her call. :)

This is a common problem with her, I always have to schedule an appointment. I could be next in line and never get the call for her entire shift.

Offline BP1990

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 03:37:49 AM »
A little pass 3 months now

Offline Amaranth

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 04:54:27 AM »
2 years.  And we were together for 14, engaged for 10 of those years.

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 04:57:54 AM »
Oh my goodness, Amaranth! I hope that you guys can reconcile. I don't know the details, but that's a long time to be with someone. You are who you are as a result of that relationship, I can imagine. You're so strong. Best of luck to you, and please let us know if your reunite. You'll be in my thoughts.

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 04:36:55 PM »
Why has everyone chosen to keep from making contact??  Is it because of the "rules", because you already expressed what you were feeling to them at one point and they still walked away, or because you've been advised not to do so by readers?

I'm just curious.  :) 

Offline aquarian

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 05:17:46 PM »
its been a little over 3 months since i last talked (texted) my guy and 4 months since i last saw him. i started the no contact rule before readers even told me not to. i think guys should initiate because they're the "hunters" and i didnt want to seem clingy. and if he really cared, he should do something about it

Offline haileyn

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 05:38:21 PM »
its been a little over 3 months since i last talked (texted) my guy and 4 months since i last saw him. i started the no contact rule before readers even told me not to. i think guys should initiate because they're the "hunters" and i didnt want to seem clingy. and if he really cared, he should do something about it

That's how I feel but now I'm getting the dreadful feeling that my ex really doesn't care bc he's not doing anything. Do you ever feel that way?

Offline aquarian

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 06:00:53 PM »
i felt like he didnt care even before we broke up and i told that to him when we had our break up talk. he insists that he does care, but if he does he really doesn't show it. i dont understand why he's always blowing hot and cold. one day he'll be completely loving and the next he'll be distant

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »
I'm with both of you.

I do agree that the man should step forward if he wants to, BUT I keep hearing about fear and all that stuff from readers, and it just makes me wonder if at some point we have to take a stand and make the move. 

I'm definitely not talking about my situation because we weren't together long at all and it is what it is, but I really started thinking about you guys who have gone a long time without contact.  I completely understand your positions though.  It's necessary to follow your hearts and intuition.  I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing it just because advisors said not to.  Kisha keeps telling me not to initiate a conversation (Chance broke up with me via text) because he's going to contact me soon, but I want to give him a piece of my mind!!!  In the long run though, that's really only for me and not really to benefit the situation. 

Offline wishfulthinker

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 06:15:02 PM »
Why has everyone chosen to keep from making contact??  Is it because of the "rules", because you already expressed what you were feeling to them at one point and they still walked away, or because you've been advised not to do so by readers?

I'm just curious.  :)

Wouldn't it be grand if people just said what they meant and meant what they said.  We wouldn't need to call psychics ever again. I hate all of this game playing "the rules".  Really - let's face it - guys can be dense.  Really dense.  Not all of them, and not all of the time, but....
Sometimes I ask myself, what if I knew I would never see this guy again...what if he came to me and said "Hey, by the way I'm moving to ten-buck-two".  What would I do different than I am now?  What holds us back from expressing what is really in our hearts?  Is it fear of rejection?  I don't want to be old and look back and see that I didn't take the opportunity to see what could happen.
In my reading with Cookie, she said the simpliest thing "You are not making enough eye contact with this man".  Really, that's it.  After 2 1/2 years of anguish and torment I just need to look him in the eye and swoon at him more. Lol.  See what I said about guys being dense.

anything