Author Topic: COVID19 Binging and Reading  (Read 5256 times)

Offline LAW1974

Re: COVID19 Binging and Reading
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2020, 12:19:14 PM »
I'm now binge watching Tiger King Murder Mayhem and Madness. Has anyone heard about this; are you watching it? Trump is now considering a pardon for Joe Exotic, who hired a hitman to kill Baskins, otherwise, he was looking at 80 years.

Just stay away all! It's like trailer park boys tries to solve a murder mystery. I stopped halfway through. I couldn't do it, the Wtfs per minute were making my head hurt.

HAHAHAHA -- I only got to the 2nd show and I was like what is up with this show and why do ppl love it sooo much?   I couldnt watch it - just wasnt interesting to me:)   Same with Ozark.....  Now Stranger things and You - Binge watched in less than 2 days!

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 04:10:23 AM »
I just saw the 2013 documentary Blackfish referenced in Tiger King and man that was so amazing. It was harsh and sad too, all at the same time. People who insist upon having wild animals in captivity are messed up. The entire doc can be viewed here for free: https://www.documentaryarea.tv/player.php?title=Blackfish

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 11:20:34 PM »
I started watching The Innocence Files. OMFG! The crooks in the judicial system need to be euthanized.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 02:03:37 AM »
Finished binging on Psych now I'm binging on Lucifer.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2020, 02:24:46 AM »
I started watching The Innocence Files. OMFG! The crooks in the judicial system need to be euthanized.

Where is this one streaming? Interested to watch!
Netflix
Be ready, it's a tear jerker.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 12:35:52 AM »

Where is this one streaming? Interested to watch!

Finally watching HornetKick. Wow so sad... how in the hell does this dr think he is right still when they proved without a doubt none of those were bite Mark's. This infuriates me!
IKR?? He is totally a quack! It's his ego that gets in the way, which sounds so familiar just from being on this forum. His bite mark findings were the scariest situation and the biggest example of how an Expert can be wrong. We talked about this while I was in school and anytime I hear someone call themselves an expert, I run the other way. Just because I know it will be hard to convince that person they are wrong.

What episode are you on? I'm watching #6 about Witnesses and that too is just as messed up. The entire scientific analysis of how things are done is crazy and not without fault. I've read/seen about a lot of them and I've always felt that more than only one witness should be used to lock someone up for decades, especially if the child is a witness. I can't even fathom the number of years some of these men were locked up.

What is also sad is that the Innocence Project only takes on about 1 percent each year because there are so many innocent people locked up in prison. Every state should have this type of taskforce paid through the use of federal money. What is also the biggest travesty is that knowing how flawed and broken the system is, why it still takes so long to rectify the wrongs of the prosecutors, who can never be on trial themselves for what they do to people.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 11:04:39 PM »
I am on #7 now. I am literally looking into the innocence project for my state to volunteer. I have some skills that I think could be of value since I have done law cases in the past. I have many friends in the field but these cases just infuriate me and some of my LE friends too.

That is friggin' amazing. I applaud you for doing something like this. It's truly awesome!! ;) :D ;D 8)

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2020, 03:58:19 AM »
Yes, it would typically be a long process because of what is involved, the hours of volunteering, the hours for research, speaking to those involved again after so many years, etc. I just watched episode 8 and it talks about legal immunity for prosecutors and imo this one thing is the main thing that should be adjusted for all states. Anything that deals with the government and the legal system as it is, is a long process, but no one is held accountable when they do things wrong on purpose. It creates a no-one-can-touch-me mentality since they know they can never get in trouble.

I thought the episodes would get better by getting tamer, but they appear to get worse. It makes you think how many were on death row, who have been killed, that were actually innocent. I wonder if there is going to be another season. Sometimes I do have to take breaks just because the material is so heavy and it makes you very angry that here we are in 2020 and the system still is whacked. I do like how the perspectives are all explained from the attorneys', to the jurors, to the defendants, to the families, etc. It's interesting to find that the confessionals are well rounded.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 02:17:03 AM by HornetKick »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2020, 03:50:19 AM »
Is anyone watching Belgravia, the new Downton Abby-like show?

I'll probaby start watching You seaon 1 this week.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2020, 02:13:02 AM »
I am watching that too along with looking into Jonestown about Jim Jones. What an extreme effing nut. He would have been a good thesis or the entire cult vibe would have been a good topic too. I can't even recall how I got into it, but I searched to see what books were available about this and there are a lot. Two that were mentioned from some ex-members were The Road to Jonestown and Seductive Poison.

I've already watched one and now I'm watching another longer version documentary about him (on youtube). His two living sons: one an adopted African American and one biological caucasian son help with describing what was actually going down during this time. Both were away when everything started although Jim tried to get them to come back. The adopted son is even his namesake Jim Jones, Jr. The biological son believes his mother was involved with him being away, ultimately saving his life, but who's to say? I looked it up. The saying "drinking the kool-aid" originated from the events of the murder massacre.

Just as an aside because I've watched other cult-related shit, but usually when a man claims he is the chosen one and only he can hear the directives from God, then he decides to fuck anything that he wants because he's chosen, it's not going to go down well at all. To know that cults typically follow this pattern, I wonder why no one sees the signs until it's too late and why people continue to follow the nut. WTF people! Do people in general not know how to learn from other people's examples?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2020, 04:08:26 AM »
Okay my bad, Jim Jones had three sons that survived. I guess he has been lying low because I wasn't aware of that. The other two always show up in confessionals in the documentaries.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2020, 04:39:55 PM »
Just finished watching season two of “YOU” on Netflix ... and again there is something creepy about this show that makes me feel like I binged called a bunch psychics, cyberstalked my POI to extreme... but I haven’t ... I need to take shower and watch a Disney film or something to wash the sin away, at least makes me not want a psychic any more... or date for that matter
I'm halfway through the 1st episode of season 1 and the lead dude is creepy as f! He has the imagination of the Joker. Have you seen that? It was fab u lous in its use of showing people in abject denial.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2020, 12:12:30 AM »
It's soooooo difficult to get through and at times close to being extremely sad, but is anyone watching My 600 lb Life? I'm watching entire episodes on Facebook. Who would have thought?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2020, 12:55:22 AM »
It's soooooo difficult to get through and at times close to being extremely sad, but is anyone watching My 600 lb Life? I'm watching entire episodes on Facebook. Who would have thought?

lol I like to watch 600 lb when I am snacking. I normally put the chips down half way through lol!
You is super intense. I think I watch half of it then skipped to the end. Beck's poem about Bluebeard's Castle brought me to tears as we can all resonate in some form from it.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrhPcVsiwhY)
Season 2 was interesting (without spoiling) but damn if it didn't try to touch on soulmates and twin flames in the end.

I watched a secret love the other night and brought me to tears. It was a beautiful and uplifting documentary.
This was soooooo funny. Is that the name of the Documentary, A Secret Love? What's it about? I've just got hooked on Body Bizarre. Another OMG series. A friend recommended I watch Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak, a Netflix documentary and it will tell me everything I need to know about Covid.

Yeah, I'm still watching YOU, on the first season, epi 4. It's slow going because 1) I'm way into Killing Eve and it takes a minute to wind down to watch You 2) Most of YOU thus far, is just stupid teenage shit, that is just annoying.

Offline Calleronhiatus

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2020, 07:01:38 AM »
Since my last post I have started watching Mrs. America on Hulu. You can’t binge the season because new episodes are added weekly but it’s good. I am halfway through The Morning Show on Apple TV + and so far it’s pretty good. I will probably start something new this weekend.