Author Topic: What’s it like on dating apps these days?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline PsyGurl

What’s it like on dating apps these days?
« on: April 08, 2020, 11:59:00 PM »
I’m just curious, as I’ve been on many dating apps in the past...is anyone actively on them in these days of covid and social distancing? Is anyone actually meeting up, or just talking to prospective dates and saying you’ll meet “when this is over”? Doing the video chat thing? I’m wondering in case I’m suddenly “out there” again lol...I personally would never meet up with anyone these days. I’m not even having my kids visit, sadly. I don’t want to take any chances, let alone with strangers.

Offline maggs30

Re: What’s it like on dating apps these days?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 02:21:12 AM »
I just got on one about 10 days ago. And yes I'm a rule breaker so we met twice in public for about 30 minutes after texting for 4 days about 8 hours a day. I did a background check on him and half his family and then he came over yesterday. It's weird and different. We have talked so much we pretty much know each other better than most people. He's respect, sweet, has a job and car lol. Respectful to the point of he stayed 4 hours and we just talked the whole time. He did kiss me bye. So we will see where it leads. As for the rest of the guys on encountered lets just say they sent enough dick pics to make a collage...  Be safe and be careful.

Offline PsyGurl

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 02:25:50 AM »
maggs30 you were brave!! Good luck, hope all works out for you!

Offline maggs30

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 02:41:16 AM »
Well our first "date" meet up we stopped at his parents house. So easy to be brave and trust him. Pissed at myself at times because on paper this guy is perfect. Is coming over to mow my lawn for me and its so weird to be treated well. But I don't have the physical pull and chemistry like I did with my ex. Who is an asshole. I'm going to see where it leads.

Offline Natashanyc

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 02:49:42 AM »
Few days ago I had a knock on my door from my neighbor saying a guy he met online stole from his home . This is about the 5th time this happened with different guys same site I’m guessing (grinder) he  also physically removed a guy from his home after a first meet up. He calls me to help every time maybe because I’m law enforcement but it got to the point that today I had to have an intervention with him because it’s out of hand and the safety concerns are killing my anxiety.

I seen this post and it reminded me of my day today and I ask everyone to BE CAREFUL ... don’t meet these people at your home ... it’s quarantine time anyway so they shouldn’t be meeting at all . But enjoy Skype with the person or FaceTime until ur able to meet at a public place for a drink or two. People let their their guard down too fast and forget some ppl are crazy and have ill intent. Again be safe everyone !!!

Offline maggs30

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 03:20:53 AM »
I agree. I would not just meet anyone. I have 5 large dogs, security cameras, and my 23 yr old son here with me. Plus the background checks I was able to verify his family and what he told me. His grandfather and brother are cops. Well his grandfather is retired. But I was able to verify his brother with badge number and current status. Literally the first date was driving by the police station his brother works at, his old high school, and his parents house. I think he is more naive then most women 😜 As for anyone else I have talked to I would trust them as far as I could throw them.

Offline Natashanyc

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 03:31:48 AM »
I agree. I would not just meet anyone. I have 5 large dogs, security cameras, and my 23 yr old son here with me. Plus the background checks I was able to verify his family and what he told me. His grandfather and brother are cops. Well his grandfather is retired. But I was able to verify his brother with badge number and current status. Literally the first date was driving by the police station his brother works at, his old high school, and his parents house. I think he is more naive then most women 😜 As for anyone else I have talked to I would trust them as far as I could throw them.

Yes I’m glad you have sense cuz my neighbor is short a few screws he didn’t even know the guys name he let in his home . I live in a secured building so that put me in jeopardy as well cuz who knows how crazy he could be but ppl meet to just hook up sometimes n it’s scary to even think how ppl are okay with that . I always check my poi’s too. My bf now I been with a while but I checked him before and his vehicle at one point. I like to be safe but online chatting is ok I guess if it’s just talking for boredom but anything has to be proceeded with caution

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 09:37:46 PM »
I can't speak for myself but I'll tell you what my single friends have been doing.

With the exception of one who's been hooking up with the same guy for weeks now (before this all started), most of them are trying to match with as many people possible and just kill time. A lot of them are using this time as a "test" to see if they're still interested in talking to those people once our stay at home rule is lifted. Oh yeah and lots, and lots of phone calls and FaceTime as well. Just think of it as being on the Bachelorette LOL.

Honestly this is the perfect time for you to hop on a dating app. Men are forced to get to know you because that’s all you can do. By the time this quarantine is over, you will have an emotional bond already. Most of the time on dating apps you just chat for a few days, then meet, only for one of you to realize that there is no chemistry and that you have nothing in common. Maybe this quarantine will change the way our generation dates - who knows.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:40:04 PM by _sydney_vicious_ »