Author Topic: $26,000 spent on false site Lifereader  (Read 2512 times)

Offline lightfaerie

$26,000 spent on false site Lifereader
« on: March 21, 2020, 06:15:02 AM »
Hi all, I wanted to share a pretty disappointing story I had with many psychics on Lifereader.com and the alarming customer service that I encountered afterwards.

So I'll try to keep it short & sweet, but I started using their website in 2012, after a pretty devastating breakup with my ex fiancé. I spoke to many, if not all, of the "top rated" psychic readers on there - from Rev Charlie, to Ann, Mandi and many more. They would tell me things like "he's coming back, he still loves you". I believed them and I fell into a bit of a psychic reading trap that went on for 8 years.

My enquiries were about many people and situations. The false predictions only unravelled over time, as things started to present themselves.

Predictions given would be for 3 months or even a year for two into the future, so sometimes I waited. Sometimes I was tired of not getting results, so I'd naively contact a new psychic and see if I had any luck there. I got into this pattern of reaching out to readers every time I felt lonely or confused about the direction of my life.

I would occasionally message the psychics and question them on Lifereader, but they would block me when I asked why nothing they told me came true.

Recently I contacted customer service to close my account and ask for a partial refund, but I was met with extremely rude messages from the owner of this site - questioning if I was crazy and basically offering no resolution. I was actually afraid to email him because I'd be sent essays and rants in response. I searched reviews for this company and found other people who have complained. There were a few ladies who claim they were sent abusive emails from "Thomas", much like I was.

Since there are apparently 3 owners of this site, I reached out to all 3. 2/3 ignored me. One blocked me on Linkedin.

I am really keen to know if any of you have had a similar experience with this website. I really want to speak about this as I spent a total of $26,000 from 2012 - 2019.

Offline HornetKick

Re: $26,000 spent on false site Lifereader
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 01:36:10 PM »
You don't have to post this multiple times. People will see it and comment if they choose.

WinterElf

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 08:10:03 AM »
I get your frustrations because it was a very long and expensive addiction for me also.  I get angry everytime i think about it and a lot of the people who go to these psychics have issues beforehand. Mine was anxiety.  However , the only time that someone can legally go after a psychic are for spells or constantly paying thousands of dollars to one person for "breaking a curse" or "bringing your lover back." 

This is a good example

BOULDER, Colo. (CBS4)- A woman claiming to be a psychic has been sentenced to five years behind bars for stealing more than $300,000 from her clients.

Nancy Marks told her victims she needed their cash and credit card numbers to "draw out bad energy."

In Dec. 2010, a jury in Boulder found Marks guilty on 14 counts of fraud and tax evasion."

However getting money back of a psychic reading from these platforms are tricky because they usually have disclaimers that it is for entertainment only and usually dont run into the thousands of dollars and most are not allowed to advertise spells for life changing/serious situations.  I never felt the need to get most of my money back from keen even when 99 percent of the readings were complete BS because half of those readers really think they are telling you the god honest truth and they did provide you a service as advertised, even if it didnt work out the way you wanted it to. 

The only time I ever wanted to get my money back was a very expensive spell around 500 dollars in the summer of 2011.  NOthing promised happened at all and there was no disclaimer that it was for entertainment only.    The spell caster vanished lol and i never heard from him again. 

Another argument is that no one held a gun to your head and you kept going back  .

Marks' attorney believes the sentence is too harsh and that the victims the jury believes she scammed, kept returning to her for advice.

"I think the sentence is over the top because I really think that the victims in this case were complicit," said Defense Attorney Stanley Marks.

Marks said the victims may have been duped but no one held a gun to their head. He argued for probation in exchange for restitution.

GOing after psychics because the reading didnt manifest is a slippery slope and harder to get your money back.

https://www.higgypop.com/news/psychic-scammer-sent-to-jail/

Another case of a psychic getting in trouble for offering an expensive service to a client to draw out bad energy.  Most of the cases where a psychic is sued or sent to jail is usually for offering expensive services that have no benefit to the customer.

When I think about going to a psychic i just remember this ....

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man! Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:45:13 AM by WinterElf »

Offline Ninacy

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 06:33:59 PM »
Omg I'm so sorry that it took you so much money and time to realize that this a fake site. This beyond insane even for us that have wasted a few hundred or even a few thousands of dollars. To be honest, this is perhaps the biggest amount I have heard wasted on psychics over the years and it's really unfortunate. I can't judge you but it's really unfortunate that you wasted so much over the years.

I hope you have learned your lesson and find ways to empower yourself and break this cycle as taking legal action or demanding your money back in full will be extra tough given the nature of these sites. As already mentioned above,  these sites operate "for entertainment purposes only" and this protects them from legal proceedings against them because after all, you also chose to use the site repeatedly and ignored to read their terms of use.