Author Topic: How are you doing?  (Read 6194 times)

Offline ES1281

Re: How are you doing?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2020, 08:06:44 AM »
No I don't.
Since I'm born in China and grown up in Japan,  Wuhan is a huge developed city, not that much like Beijing or Shanghai though.

And about COVID-19, I know some doctor, nurses there, a local guy in Wuhan as well( he is in quanrantine with him family) so I'm not an outsider.

If you go to south china or south east asia, you'll find there are way many wet markets.

But anyway, what really sucks is I assume since there were SARS in China once you had that that thing may come back mixed with some other stuff.

I believe colosing down the city really helped a lot.

What china can do is to help other countries as much as they can.

And you were talking about the Japan minister Abe in another thread right, he is stupid, but I wonder if there is anybody can take him over.
Anyway, in Japan I don't know anybody is infected so not feeling threaten still.

totally agree with you.

Oh another thing, someone mentioned that you should drink lots of water. If you have it unknowingly or in the beginning stages and swallow the virus, it can't live on the acids in our stomachs. So drink, drink, drink to flush it out.

I disagree, China did a lot of lying before the rest of the world started calling their bluff. China's sanitation programs are almost nil and to have wet markets, sounds sickening in itself. I believe they have started to ban these. They had no laws or provisions like the U.S. has such as the FDA to police and protect the general population. I was also told that 1/3 of China, particularly Wuhan province still exists like a third world country. Really??

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2020, 01:53:06 PM »
Hi Just FYI I live in los Angeles and I second the notion that people are not taking this seriously. I drove past the mall today and the parking lot is full. The lines outside grocery stores and Targets of the world and the sheer casual nature of this looking at bars and restaurants full of people. My mom is in her 70's she lives in sommerville MA and I so worried about her. Luckily my brother is close but she is my only parent and it is absolutely killing me that I am so far away from her and cant get to her. We are all dealing with our challenges. I am over washing and being over zealous. there is a silver lining in everything. I lost my job at the end of Feb and have not been to the office since. Hence keeping out of the range of germs as much as possible. Stay strong

KD! You've got such a kind heart. You've got so much going on for you - I hear you on worrying about a job search with the virus at large. I work freelance and while most of my work is "virtual" a lot of it is in-person and I know I'm going to take a financial dive because of coronavirus. I also saw someone else's description of the symptoms and now worry that I actually had it last month, thought it was a cold, and had seen people in-person when I thought my "cold" symptoms were clearing up.

I hope your mom and brother are doing well too. Last night Governor Baker announced that restaurants and bars are to end dine-in services but can do take out. Gatherings over 25 are not allowed any more. I hope that these actions mean coronavirus will quietly pass quickly, but we cannot know.

You are doing all the right things. Handwash and be careful. It's anxiety inducing to see people being so casual about the spread of the virus!

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2020, 01:59:30 PM »
No I don't.
Since I'm born in China and grown up in Japan,  Wuhan is a huge developed city, not that much like Beijing or Shanghai though.

And about COVID-19, I know some doctor, nurses there, a local guy in Wuhan as well( he is in quanrantine with him family) so I'm not an outsider.

If you go to south china or south east asia, you'll find there are way many wet markets.

But anyway, what really sucks is I assume since there were SARS in China once you had that that thing may come back mixed with some other stuff.

I believe colosing down the city really helped a lot.

What china can do is to help other countries as much as they can.

And you were talking about the Japan minister Abe in another thread right, he is stupid, but I wonder if there is anybody can take him over.
Anyway, in Japan I don't know anybody is infected so not feeling threaten still.

totally agree with you.

Oh another thing, someone mentioned that you should drink lots of water. If you have it unknowingly or in the beginning stages and swallow the virus, it can't live on the acids in our stomachs. So drink, drink, drink to flush it out.

I disagree, China did a lot of lying before the rest of the world started calling their bluff. China's sanitation programs are almost nil and to have wet markets, sounds sickening in itself. I believe they have started to ban these. They had no laws or provisions like the U.S. has such as the FDA to police and protect the general population. I was also told that 1/3 of China, particularly Wuhan province still exists like a third world country. Really??

I really wish people would pay attention to the example of China and Italy eventually posing limitations on social movement. I can't find it, but I saw a story recently about why the virus has not deeply affected Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan - they all learned from their SARS experience to limit social interactions upon a virus breakout.

beachgal214

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2020, 04:15:46 PM »
Heard southie and Charlestown were bumping Saturday night... glad baker shut it down yesterday! Was surprised he waited until after his afternoon press conference.  That darn biogen conference!!!

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2020, 07:32:29 PM »
Heard southie and Charlestown were bumping Saturday night... glad baker shut it down yesterday! Was surprised he waited until after his afternoon press conference.  That darn biogen conference!!!

Can you imagine the riots if they made the announcement Saturday afternoon?!

I’m glad for the directive to close restaurants and bars. I think it makes it much clearer for people as to what social distancing means.

Offline bee.23

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2020, 07:33:50 PM »

I’m glad for the directive to close restaurants and bars. I think it makes it much clearer for people as to what social distancing means.

Wait sorry, was this rule made in a certain area or in all of US? (Closing of restraunts and bars) Not following

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2020, 07:55:02 PM »

Wait sorry, was this rule made in a certain area or in all of US? (Closing of restraunts and bars) Not following

Sorry for the confusion! The Massachusetts governor announced last night that restaurants and bars can only do take out. You cannot dine-in or get drinks at bars here.

Offline Sincity2

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2020, 09:23:26 PM »
I think this virus is a bio weapon that escaped, just my two cents. I pray it passes and I pray for everyone that gets it, recover quickly.

Offline kdspirited

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2020, 10:05:27 PM »
All conspiracy theories aside. Comparing this virus to others in the past makes very little sense because each time a new virus comes along it is stronger and more potent than the one in the past. They mutate and evolve making them stronger against human immune systems. That is the nature of the beast. So just because it has never happened before doesnt mean it wont. As humans we have debilitated immune systems due to our lifestyles thus making us more susceptible to viruses in the future. My second recommendation would be to only get FACTS from credible resources like the CDC and WHO sites the worst you can do is listen to each other and share anecdotes that may or may not be true.
Finally even if it is a grave exaggeration just humor the world stay indoors and out of each others way. The worst that will happen is that you might actually be useful and would have done your part in the non spread of this highly contagious virus. #playyourpart

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2020, 04:47:10 AM »

Sorry for the confusion! The Massachusetts governor announced last night that restaurants and bars can only do take out. You cannot dine-in or get drinks at bars here.

Yes and some Starbucks have removed their chairs in order to prohibit people from gathering in areas.

beachgal214

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2020, 11:01:00 AM »

omg. I know. fortunately riots here I feel like have died down in recent years. but I dont doubt it would have happened.  stupid.  I have lived through many!!! the sox win! the sox lose! 

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2020, 11:51:22 AM »

omg. I know. fortunately riots here I feel like have died down in recent years. but I dont doubt it would have happened.  stupid.  I have lived through many!!! the sox win! the sox lose!

I know, right? I was kind of expecting one after the Pats didn’t make it to the Super Bowl.

Obviously baseball season is going to get pushed back or canceled this year... wonder how people are going to deal.

beachgal214

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2020, 12:14:12 PM »
feel bad even saying this but I havent cared about baseball since my days in college. its so long and boring and HOT or COLD at those games haha.

I did bring my kids to one and that was fun. YEARS AGO!

We are Bruins fans! and of course Brady... all though I am so tired of the sports radio lately its all what is happening with Tom! haha.

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2020, 01:19:15 PM »
feel bad even saying this but I havent cared about baseball since my days in college. its so long and boring and HOT or COLD at those games haha.

We are Bruins fans! and of course Brady... all though I am so tired of the sports radio lately its all what is happening with Tom! haha.

There are Sox fans here will condemn me to hell for this, but I'm good to skip a season. I enjoy the Bruins and Celtics (but I'm kind of a sunshine fan and haven't been following these last few years... and don't get me started on how the NBA got to have COVID-19 testing when ordinary people had no access at all), because it seems the fans at those games are the most "normal" of Boston fans. Can't watch a Sox or Pats game without someone starting in with "Yankees suck" and they aren't even playing a New York team!

And Tom Brady... he's really good and deserves all the press he gets, but it's time for him to move on. Honestly curious how he'll do without Belechik coaching him.

beachgal214

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2020, 03:51:27 PM »

There are Sox fans here will condemn me to hell for this, but I'm good to skip a season. I enjoy the Bruins and Celtics (but I'm kind of a sunshine fan and haven't been following these last few years... and don't get me started on how the NBA got to have COVID-19 testing when ordinary people had no access at all), because it seems the fans at those games are the most "normal" of Boston fans. Can't watch a Sox or Pats game without someone starting in with "Yankees suck" and they aren't even playing a New York team!

And Tom Brady... he's really good and deserves all the press he gets, but it's time for him to move on. Honestly curious how he'll do without Belechik coaching him.

omg I know.  I am honestly not phased by it but a lot of my friends are "upset"... im like... ok bigger things going on. plus we had many good seasons. dont get me wrong if I had nothing else distracting me id be more disappointed im sure.

I will def miss looking at his face though ;) haha

I dont know how hell do without belichick - same could be said vice versa. both best at what they do. tom is really incredible and so disciplined!!  amazing. sorry this got off on a Boston sports tangent!