Author Topic: How are you doing?  (Read 6003 times)

Offline ES1281

Re: How are you doing?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 01:53:39 AM »
Well personally I don’t feel threat.
The Swine flu in 2008-2009 killed 2,00,000 ppl in the world.

And I don’t think China did a poor job since the locked down the city which has 100,00,000 population.
WHO announced pandemic that time ‘too.

So other cities has very few ppl are infected.
Italy was the first group of country banned flight from China the what’s happening now?

Anyway I think just wash hands stay home then the issue will disappear to nowhere.

Totally agree - if everyone sayed home for like 6 weeks IT WILL VANISH
Yeah, swine flu SARS MERS all disappeared  to nowhere. I believe covid-19 will be the same in months.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 01:54:28 AM »
I truly think the media is using this situation to manipulate currencies politics economy...
Again if you remember swine flu it killed way more ppl.
Media virus is worse than the actual COVID-19.

There are way many ppl are infected but have no symptoms at all.
Like if you check if Tom Hanks carries flu every year probably he had from 30 years ago.

The swine flu killed more people? - we cant really say yet because this virus is still in its infancy (of diangosed persons) - we will see when its over how many people will actually die from it....we are only looking at numbers at this moment in time and its far from over lol

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 01:58:46 AM »
There are 267 confirmed cases in the US as of 4pm on the 13th. The CDC will update tomorrow. There are 1362 suspected cases. Meaning they have not been tested. The link provided includes confirmed, suspected, and people from China in the US in quarantine. There are many ways to make the numbers appear worse. I'm not saying people shouldn't wash their hands and take precautions but the frenzied state people have put themselves in is not helping them or anyone else.

Maggs there are over 3000 - can you post the link where you are seeing 267?

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/coronavirus-updates-live-americans-fly-home-europe-intensifies-lockdown-n1159296

The CDC alone is not confirming cases anymore - those that were tested locally that were presumptive positive have been granted the leeway to approve as positvie- results do not have to go through them anymore...the CDC doesnt have the live updates...

Offline ES1281

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 01:59:35 AM »
I truly think the media is using this situation to manipulate currencies politics economy...
Again if you remember swine flu it killed way more ppl.
Media virus is worse than the actual COVID-19.

There are way many ppl are infected but have no symptoms at all.
Like if you check if Tom Hanks carries flu every year probably he had from 30 years ago.

The swine flu killed more people? - we cant really say yet because this virus is still in its infancy (of diangosed persons) - we will see when its over how many people will actually die from it....we are only looking at numbers at this moment in time and its far from over lol

Yeah we’ll see.
I hope covid will disappear somewhere this year.
The UK strategy is get everybody infected which is a joke I think.
But yeah just stay home wash hands and let’s see what happens.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 02:02:19 AM »
Not like you said.
They were slow in checking if the covid infect human. But after they found it out they locked the city.
If not way more people would get infected like swine flu.
South east Asia has more wet wild animals market and the eat everything but Chinese not really.
Wuhan is a big city here is movie taken by local ppl after the outbreak.
https://youtu.be/MikbHr3sGJ8
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuhan

There are a lot third world area and there are a lot first world area.
I’ve been to a lot placed around the world so many cities in China are new and very developed areas.

Sure we can disagree because sending me a video in Chinese doesn't really tell me anything. It's a lot of pretty pictures. Secondly, having third world areas in the same vicinity as first-world areas is problematic.
Lastly, do you know what Wikipedia is? It is not a valid source for anything. While in college, my phd professors would go berserk when people would site from wiki. It's a lot of people posting what they think/believe to be the truth. That is how wiki got started. js.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 02:05:17 AM »
There are 267 confirmed cases in the US as of 4pm on the 13th. The CDC will update tomorrow. There are 1362 suspected cases. Meaning they have not been tested. The link provided includes confirmed, suspected, and people from China in the US in quarantine. There are many ways to make the numbers appear worse. I'm not saying people shouldn't wash their hands and take precautions but the frenzied state people have put themselves in is not helping them or anyone else.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/coronavirus-updates-live-americans-fly-home-europe-intensifies-lockdown-n1159296

The CDC alone is not confirming cases anymore - those that were tested locally that were presumptive positive have been granted the leeway to approve as positvie- results do not have to go through them anymore...the CDC doesnt have the live updates...

Either way 3000 or 300 is a tiny fraction on 331 million. Like I said it will peak in a few weeks and the sanitary habits that people should normally follow will be paramount in stopping the spread.

Offline ES1281

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 02:07:14 AM »
Somebody is using this situation  to crush the economy.
I have a family member he has been foreign exchange trader for long, he said the market has very unusual moves in last two to three weeks which was totally against the market nature.
Didn’t mean the up and downs but ignored a prof market sighs and rules traders used for tradings for decades.

Economy crush is more concern I think.
Lehmanshock, or whatever the world crisis before the WW2 there were always somebody manipulate the market using ppl to get panicked.
Hope things will get better ppl won’t lose their home and jobs.
Of course lives.

Offline ES1281

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 02:12:07 AM »
Not like you said.
They were slow in checking if the covid infect human. But after they found it out they locked the city.
South east Asia has more wet wild animals market and the eat everything but Chinese not really.

I’ve been to a lot placed around the world so many cities in China are new and very developed areas.

Sure we can disagree because sending me a video in Chinese doesn't really tell me anything. It's a lot of pretty pictures. Secondly, having third world areas in the same vicinity as first-world areas is problematic.
Lastly, do you know what Wikipedia is? It is not a valid source for anything. While in college, my phd professors would go berserk when people would site from wiki. It's a lot of people posting what they think/believe to be the truth. That is how wiki got started. js.
Seems like you be been to a lot of places or you at just being ignorant?
Let me ask how many places have you been to in this world?
Have you been to China?

Do you know the difference of Tokyo Shanghai and New York City.
Do you want to know how many cities I be been to on this planet?
And the third world area is the small villages they are very poor, but  not inside of the city. :o

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 02:13:31 AM »

The CDC alone is not confirming cases anymore - those that were tested locally that were presumptive positive have been granted the leeway to approve as positive- results do not have to go through them anymore...the CDC doesnt have the live updates...

Either way 3000 or 300 is a tiny fraction on 331 million. Like I said it will peak in a few weeks and the sanitary habits that people should normally follow will be paramount in stopping the spread.

Right tiny fraction as of now - I think like 10k have possibly been tested (looking to fact check) but its only been a few thousand out of 331 million though...we haven't tested no where close the amount we should have

But yes hand washing - and mainly social distancing should knock it right out!! lol

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 02:18:10 AM »
Not like you said.

Have you been to China?

And the third world area is the small villages they are very poor, but  not inside of the city. :o
Oh yeah, that's right. Going to a lot of places makes you smarter Einstein and you know more.
I get it now. You know what planet you're on. Okay. You win.

Offline ES1281

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 02:29:25 AM »

😂 Lmao, anyway just wanted you to be nice if you don’t know anything about other ppl.
 have a good night I assume you are somewhere at the States.

Not like you said.

Have you been to China?

Oh yeah, that's right. Going to a lot of places makes you smarter Einstein and you know more.
I get it now. You know what planet you're on. Okay. You win.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2020, 02:31:07 AM »
Ha Ha I doubt you know what I know nor what you know for that matter or rather, what you don't.
Sleep well.

Offline ES1281

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2020, 02:33:22 AM »
Ha Ha I doubt you know what I know nor what you know for that matter or rather, what you don't.
Sleep well.

Yeah yeah go to bed sleep well  and dream about a trip wherever outside your area lol.

Offline bee.23

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2020, 04:47:54 AM »
I’m so scared about how things are developing with the coronavirus. I live in Boston, MA, and while I feel fortunate that we have resources here and social distancing hasn’t been difficult for me personally yet. But I worry that people aren’t taking coronavirus seriously! Just the other day when I was in a bathroom at a friends office washing my hands before a meeting, a woman stepped out of a stall (I heard a flush, so she did something in there), looked at me, and walked out without washing her hands. Appalling! How is there any hope to reduce exposure? I was trying to explain to someone the other day why I requested we switch from an in person meeting to a phone call and he was all “you are overreacting” but I don’t think I am. I’m relatively young and healthy but hate thinking of how I could possibly be an asymptomatic carrier who passes it on to someone else.

I’m also totally getting spun up in my head about how the pandemic is going to affect life. There are so many things I have been hoping and wishing for, that have seemed around the corner and now I wonder what’s going to happen because I feel like coronavirus is much bigger than people are thinking it is.

I’ve been trying to think of things to be grateful for at this time. I’m grateful that I am getting more time with my husband. I worry about my parents and how they are getting their day-to-day needs met as they are edging on 80. I am grateful they are well stocked. And in a weird way I’m grateful that everything being closed has forced a lot of people to enjoy a walk outdoors.

But I still worry. The wheels just keep turning in my head. How are you? I saw a coronavirus focused post but didn’t think my personal vent was appropriate there. Thanks for reading.

You are most definitely not overreacting, and have every right to have these needs for precautions because I tested positive for coronavirus today. I’m literally a homebody that goes no where but to my nanny job and home, and I caught it from my employers kids, whom she gave it to, because the mother caught it at work. Keep doing what you’re doing, in trying to make a difference. And protect self, first and foremost, always. Your concerns are valid and I’m hoping the best for you and all your loved ones in this situation ❤️
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:49:32 AM by bee.23 »

pfizer

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2020, 04:53:05 AM »
totally agree with you.

Oh another thing, someone mentioned that you should drink lots of water. If you have it unknowingly or in the beginning stages and swallow the virus, it can't live on the acids in our stomachs. So drink, drink, drink to flush it out.

I disagree, China did a lot of lying before the rest of the world started calling their bluff. China's sanitation programs are almost nil and to have wet markets, sounds sickening in itself. I believe they have started to ban these. They had no laws or provisions like the U.S. has such as the FDA to police and protect the general population. I was also told that 1/3 of China, particularly Wuhan province still exists like a third world country. Really??

anything