Author Topic: 30 day Challenge  (Read 12609 times)

beachgal214

Re: 30 day Challenge
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2020, 11:53:22 AM »
22 days here!!  Not even thinking about readings anymore! At all!

Mirosee feel free to message me if you need strength!! You got this. I have been here before, gone weeks and caved... then more weeks etc.  You will just keep picking yourself up and getting better each round as I call it.

I have not had a reading since the 6th, have not had an urge nor even a thought of calling a psychic!  I feel repulsed in a way. Not in a judgmental way but like my body and mind is like nope no way that is not what you need or want. Its awesome and liberating and I am proud of myself and my hard work!!!  There is not even a site or a psychic I would want to read with,  I actually have a purchased reading with a popular psychic on this board, I bought it in Feb - and I have yet to use my time!!!  I keep pushing back bc I truly dont want it.

I was very entangled for a very long time.

Anyway all this to say, I admit I have had some fall backs over the course of the last 6 months but each time I get stronger and stronger and it gets easier. like someone above me said, sorry I forget, that we will all break the cycle in our own time.  I have gone 10 days at times, a month etc and triggers come and I break and get a reading. but I have not gone back to binging and the crappy guilty self loathing feelings I get after those slip-ups are usually enough to deter me again!  The main thing that has helped is time - moving on - and from clarity and conversation with the POI that I started calling about.  Acceptance, that sort of thing. Seeing things more clearly, that you can have very real feelings but sometimes relationships arent meant to be for whatever reason. accepting that and healing my own self has helped tremendously!

Here for anyone who needs an ear or support <3

Offline Mirosee

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2020, 01:31:51 PM »
Congrats beachgal214! 8 more days to go to complete the challenge although I'm pretty sure you will go beyond that. I am glad that you manage to be free from reading binge. You are amazing I should learn from you  ;D

Thank you for your kindness, I really appreciate it  ;D ;D ;D :-*

22 days here!!  Not even thinking about readings anymore! At all!

Mirosee feel free to message me if you need strength!! You got this. I have been here before, gone weeks and caved... then more weeks etc.  You will just keep picking yourself up and getting better each round as I call it.

I have not had a reading since the 6th, have not had an urge nor even a thought of calling a psychic!  I feel repulsed in a way. Not in a judgmental way but like my body and mind is like nope no way that is not what you need or want. Its awesome and liberating and I am proud of myself and my hard work!!!  There is not even a site or a psychic I would want to read with,  I actually have a purchased reading with a popular psychic on this board, I bought it in Feb - and I have yet to use my time!!!  I keep pushing back bc I truly dont want it.

I was very entangled for a very long time.

Anyway all this to say, I admit I have had some fall backs over the course of the last 6 months but each time I get stronger and stronger and it gets easier. like someone above me said, sorry I forget, that we will all break the cycle in our own time.  I have gone 10 days at times, a month etc and triggers come and I break and get a reading. but I have not gone back to binging and the crappy guilty self loathing feelings I get after those slip-ups are usually enough to deter me again!  The main thing that has helped is time - moving on - and from clarity and conversation with the POI that I started calling about.  Acceptance, that sort of thing. Seeing things more clearly, that you can have very real feelings but sometimes relationships arent meant to be for whatever reason. accepting that and healing my own self has helped tremendously!

Here for anyone who needs an ear or support <3

Offline kdspirited

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2020, 06:52:17 PM »
You guys are amazing you can do it.
43 days no readings almost got a reading but then didnt let it happen

beachgal214

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2020, 09:12:02 PM »
That is awesome KD!! and Purple rain!!! Mirosee you got this!!! Pinkamena too!!!

Offline kdspirited

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2020, 03:46:58 PM »
Soon we might be the ones getting off this roller coaster ride for good.

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2020, 06:31:09 PM »
I made it to the 30day mark!!!

I think I'll restart the challenge next week...

Offline Mirosee

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2020, 07:43:02 PM »

Congrats PurpleRain! Gogogooo

Offline kdspirited

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2020, 11:29:27 PM »

YAY! tons of virtual high fives and hugs. Such an achievement how do you feel

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2020, 12:36:25 AM »
You all rock! I’m going on 50 days. I almost broke today, but glad I didn’t give in. Another day without a reading.  ;D

Offline russianred

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2020, 03:59:09 PM »
I want to join this and commit to not call until at least June 1.  I haven't gotten a psychic reading for a while, partly because the thing I was calling about actually happened, but I'm still calling empaths and coaches for "insight" and tips on how to move forward with POI.

I'm deeply grateful for what I've learned from these advisors but at least for now, I don't think there's anything more to be learned, and I'm getting scared how my first instinct is to ask them what to say or how to behave rather than to ask myself.

May is a beautiful month of renewal and I want to work on putting what I've learned into practice rather than continuing a cycle of dependence.

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2020, 05:11:03 AM »
You all rock! I’m going on 50 days. I almost broke today, but glad I didn’t give in. Another day without a reading.  ;D

you're doing great!! Keep up the good work.

Offline kdspirited

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »
I want to join this and commit to not call until at least June 1.  I haven't gotten a psychic reading for a while, partly because the thing I was calling about actually happened, but I'm still calling empaths and coaches for "insight" and tips on how to move forward with POI.

I'm deeply grateful for what I've learned from these advisors but at least for now, I don't think there's anything more to be learned, and I'm getting scared how my first instinct is to ask them what to say or how to behave rather than to ask myself.

May is a beautiful month of renewal and I want to work on putting what I've learned into practice rather than continuing a cycle of dependence.
Welcome Russianred I know what you mean I am ready to work on this and do another 30 day commitment

Offline Sincity2

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2020, 03:13:22 PM »
I’m over a month clean!  So proud of everyone!  I have zero desire to get a reading, I feel they are bad luck.

Offline russianred

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2020, 08:46:26 PM »
I’m over a month clean!  So proud of everyone!  I have zero desire to get a reading, I feel they are bad luck.

Congrats!  I think it is a good experiment to stop readings for a while and see if things in your life improve.  I lived many years before I started with getting frequent readings and I sometimes feel like I can't remember what it was like before I got all these advisors/readers in my brain.

Offline aries1995

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2020, 12:03:08 AM »
Wow you guys have done so well! My goal was to start this month but I’ve already had two readings  :-[ I can get to the 7 day mark then I can’t help myself! Please help :(

anything