Author Topic: CV  (Read 1176 times)

Offline HornetKick

CV
« on: March 12, 2020, 04:45:28 PM »
I've seen multiple reports about outbreaks and of course like everyone else following reports from the NYPost and that more and more are getting the virus. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson currently, although they weren't at home n Cali, both were in Australia, so it's very concerning. Also, many of use are not celebs, so it's not like we can (not) go to work.

Has anyone heard/read anything where the CDC is stepping up their game?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ES1281

Re: CV
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 05:34:59 PM »
I think the economic impact is worse than the virus.
Actually the death rate is very low out of Wuhan China, it's a new sort of flu but just there is no medicine yet.

My best friend is a astoroger she predicted this economy crush would happen this to next year since the horoscope is very close to the one of lehman shock.
She told me it will start from somewhere 2019 end two years ago, and it's happening now.

She said outbreak will be fine it will change our workstyle and life style, but economy will crush.

Offline Lyssa

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 02:23:26 AM »
Actually the death rate is very low out of Wuhan China, it's a new sort of flu but just there is no medicine yet.

My best friend is a astoroger she predicted this economy crush would happen this to next year since the horoscope is very close to the one of lehman shock.
She told me it will start from somewhere 2019 end two years ago, and it's happening now.

She said outbreak will be fine it will change our workstyle and life style, but economy will crush.

The death rate is not “very low.” The death rate is currently around 3%. For flu it is 0.1%. For people over 60 it is 10%. If millions of people get this disease 3% is highly significant. Making statements like that are flat out ignorant and part of the problem. Not to mention, because the disease is not well understood, there are significant long term health risks associated with severe cases. This is the first time I have been on here in months, I don’t want to argue with ppl over the internet, but if I can educate at least one person who is misinformed on the severity of the current pandemic then I will. Other diseases resulting from viral infection may have higher death rates, however, there are treatments or they are not even close to as contagious or are only contagious once symptoms manifest. If this virus were to go completely uncontrolled, it would kill millions and still can. That is not something to scoff at or simply say “oh well the death rate is low.” Very upsetting and ignorant comment.

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 02:33:07 AM »

The death rate is not “very low.” The death rate is currently around 3%. For flu it is 0.1%. For people over 60 it is 10%. If millions of people get this disease 3% is highly significant. Making statements like that are flat out ignorant and part of the problem. Not to mention, because the disease is not well understood, there are significant long term health risks associated with severe cases. This is the first time I have been on here in months, I don’t want to argue with ppl over the internet, but if I can educate at least one person who is misinformed on the severity of the current pandemic then I will. Other diseases resulting from viral infection may have higher death rates, however, there are treatments or they are not even close to as contagious or are only contagious once symptoms manifest. If this virus were to go completely uncontrolled, it would kill millions and still can. That is not something to scoff at or simply say “oh well the death rate is low.” Very upsetting and ignorant comment.

You're absolutely right. It's very serious and no, it's not just like the flu. 🙄

I've had training in virology and people should really take this seriously. This is a pretty complicated virus and the best scientists and doctors are still extremely concerned.

anything