Author Topic: Self reading.....  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Love2lovenj

Self reading.....
« on: March 08, 2020, 08:50:03 PM »
Do you read for yourself?  Do you find that your readings are accurate?

Offline Love2lovenj

Re: Self reading.....
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 12:51:02 AM »
Wow that is pretty amazing stuff.

Offline Ninacy

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 01:56:25 PM »
Yes, but not as much as I used to in the past. I have found my own playing cards to be 80-90% accurate for me and others even though sometimes I get conflicting or unclear info and I may misinterpret what the card or cards are trying to say. I'm more intuitive some days and moments than others and now I only consult them very occasionally for serious queries and not random stuff.

I believe the biggest mistake that many amateur readers at this make (and I also did in the past) is to assume that we have reached a  level of accuracy and precision and either over-do it with multiple readings for us and others or stop trying to improve ourselves and master our skills and craft. There are virtually endless card combos, interpretations, and scenarios to examine and every reading is a learning journey.

I have stopped reading the tarot btw as I find it to be too vague and ambiguous--even positive cards can turn out to be negative and vice-versa and there are at least three alternative meanings for each card. I only occasionally read playing cards and the Lenormand or use no tools at all to gain insight and it has worked better for me personally.

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »
I did a Yes/No tarot reading where I envisioned a card and then flipped yes/ no until that card showed up. W/e pile the card landed in was the answer I went with.

Well the reading/outcome was right😂 and the timing was too😂 and this was something that I didn't necessarily want to happen. It's not something bad just an inconvenience.

I asked a few more questions that are a few months out, so we'll see if it was just a fluke.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 12:55:29 PM by PurpleRain »

Offline KotaSwan

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 01:29:52 AM »
Is there any program online that you guys can recommend to learn to read tarot? I am interested in learning but I am just doing basic youtube videos to learn it.

Offline staircasewondering

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 01:24:15 AM »
Is there any program online that you guys can recommend to learn to read tarot? I am interested in learning but I am just doing basic youtube videos to learn it.

There are a lot of tarot courses online to take like uDemy and classes are prerecorded so you learn at your own pace. There are a few free courses and it provides you a taste of each class and the feel of the instructor. If you want to take the full course, you pay a small fee. I’d wait until uDemy has a sale or find a discount code online. I recommend learning the Raider Waite tarot deck first because once you learn the foundations you can read any other tarot deck.

I learned tarot through my local metaphysical store and currently taking another tarot course over through another metaphysical store. Everyone has different approach to tarot from practical to esoteric but the foundations is the same with the journey of The Fool.

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 02:28:39 AM »

I just started The Sisters Enchanted course called Tarot Throwdown. It's pretty good and only $27.

Offline EatandRead

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 12:14:21 PM »
I read for myself sometimes but it doesn't feel right so I would rather someone read for me.