Author Topic: He came back... and left again  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Girly1998

He came back... and left again
« on: December 22, 2019, 02:36:27 PM »
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 05:17:20 PM by Girly1998 »

Yaz88

Re: He came back... and left again
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 02:41:48 PM »
My ex of 6 months came back about a month ago- I reached out to him and he confirmed my intuition of how I thought he was feeling. But , he’s gone again. Completely ghosted me and blocked me due to a tiny argument 2 days ago. I’m completely lost right now.

Something tells me he will be back again.  Unfortunately, I don’t think he’s very emotionally mature, so that won’t be easy to deal with at all.  Hang in there, focus on you, and just live your life.  I’m not sure if you will want him when he comes back, but he will be back. 

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 02:59:36 PM »
He didn’t come back on his own though :( even though he “missed” me he didn’t try to reach out even once. This is the first time he actually blocked my number and I don’t know what to do

I'm sorry Girly. Ghosting is the absolute worst. You really have to ask yourself if this is what you truly want. If he didn't come back on his own and now he has cut off your ability to reach him, I would go on with your life and find new happiness. No one deserves that. He has an obvious character flaw that will resurface unless HE decides to change it. It hurts and it sucks, but perhaps you dodged a bigger bullet. ((HUGS))

Yaz88

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 03:04:01 PM »
He didn’t come back on his own though :( even though he “missed” me he didn’t try to reach out even once. This is the first time he actually blocked my number and I don’t know what to do

I’m not entirely sure if there is anything you can do at the moment.  Maybe on Christmas or New Years, depending on what your intuition is telling you, find a way to communicate with him.  You may need to be the much bigger person and apologize for the argument, I don’t know for certain and I don’t know if you always want to be accommodating him like that because it gets to be exhausting.  A New Year is fast approaching, I encourage everyone to be very mindful on what energies they carry with them into the New Year.

Yaz88

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 03:20:11 PM »

I’m not entirely sure if there is anything you can do at the moment.  Maybe on Christmas or New Years, depending on what your intuition is telling you, find a way to communicate with him.  You may need to be the much bigger person and apologize for the argument, I don’t know for certain and I don’t know if you always want to be accommodating him like that because it gets to be exhausting.  A New Year is fast approaching, I encourage everyone to be very mindful on what energies they carry with them into the New Year.

Oh I have several times and that’s what prompted the blocking :(

I’m sorry, Girly.  I know how it feels when you try very hard to make a situation right and the other person won’t even meet you an inch.  They choose to be difficult for whatever reason.  It’s immature behavior that inhibits personal growth and development.  I hope you know that his behavior is not your fault and truly has nothing to do with you. 

Offline njlady

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 06:29:00 PM »

Do nothing except for move on.  He's a giant man baby who doesn't know how to use his words to communicate.  He wants to quasi-punish you and make you feel helpless at the same time instead.  Do you want to have this happen over & over?  Do not apologize.  He's into he punishes while you grovel and beg for his forgiveness instead of talking it out like two adults. That is not a healthy dynamic. 

Think about it.  What if you got stranded or in an accident and couldn't reach your family/friends and only had him ... but giant man baby has weaponized social media and his iphone to block you.  Believe me, you do not want to keep it going with this man. 

Yaz88

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 01:42:15 AM »
He came back after this and it happened 2 more times... y’all I’m absolutely exhausted.

I’m sorry Girly.  The cycle is emotionally exhausting.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 01:48:50 AM »
He loves to give the silent treatment and then block me on everything. This is a man who went out house shopping when he realized his parents would be a problem (young, still at home) and then the next week ghosted me because I didn’t hug him before going home.

This time around I’m blocked because I expressed how my feeling were hurt due to him “forgetting” to text me back.

He sounds like he had major issues. I’m sorry you’re hurt.

If you decide to stick it out I hope it gets better. If you decided to move along I’m sure you’ll find much better.

Hugs, I’ve been there myself.

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 01:34:39 PM »
Girly i am so sorry you are going thru these cycles.  I totally get it.  I don't know what they think they solve by giving the silent treatment.  I honestly feel its their way of sweeping things under the rug because i guarantee when they come back they act like it never happened.  Its frustrating as hell.  Just do you girl.  Unfortunately they always come back if you allow it and don't nip things in the bud.