Author Topic: Anyone up for one week pause?  (Read 12800 times)

Offline russianred

Anyone up for one week pause?
« on: January 13, 2020, 02:52:51 AM »
Anyone up to do a one week pause with me on calling?

New week this week and I'm resolving not to call this week.  I'm not ready to say I never want to call again, or that I won't call for the rest of the month.

I checked my credit card statement and really need to stop.  And my situation is such that there really isn't anything more to say at this time, whereas there had been a lot of things happening recently that triggered my binges.

But I'd like to make it to next Sunday without calling.  Anyone want to commit with me?  We can post in here to keep each other accountable.

Yaz88

Re: Anyone up for one week pause?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 03:01:28 AM »
Anyone up to do a one week pause with me on calling?

New week this week and I'm resolving not to call this week.  I'm not ready to say I never want to call again, or that I won't call for the rest of the month.

I checked my credit card statement and really need to stop.  And my situation is such that there really isn't anything more to say at this time, whereas there had been a lot of things happening recently that triggered my binges.

But I'd like to make it to next Sunday without calling.  Anyone want to commit with me?  We can post in here to keep each other accountable.

You can count me in.  I can’t promise that I’ll post in here a lot, since my newest thing is to log out of the forum. 

Offline russianred

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 03:52:03 AM »
Great!  Anyone else?

I'm hoping to post in here each night to report how I did.  So for this was day one of no readings.

Offline sexyp

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 11:47:08 AM »
can i start tomorrow as i have a reading approved today with someone really hard to get hold of

beachgal214

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 12:06:33 AM »
Count me in, Russian!!  Was triggered today pretty good and staying strong!!

Offline russianred

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 12:26:18 AM »

Yes... ok... I need help closing my account. Currently on hold with keen to close account... read rant below

I’ve been in and out of binges! And after hearing on and off reviews about a reader,  i haven’t read with before, I was going to put my last credit card limit in someone and I found myself strongly pausing, “why?” They’re not my messiah of solution  problem solver... it’s just going to repeat the same pattern with other psychics of ups and down... I feel like I’m re- living ground hogs day but with my emotions and on psychics and on poi. If I’m lucid enough to know this is not working... then just stop. But I have a hard time... I do know for today I want to stop.

Yes, that's pretty much it.  If I felt more at peace after calling, then it actually MIGHT be worth all the money, but I don't.  I like the "for today I want to stop." It's hard to commit to stopping forever or sometimes even more than a day, but one day at a time, we can hopefully call LESS.

Offline devangk3

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 02:14:57 AM »
I had this addiction since August 2019, went into negative balance, max out cards and so on

The only way to cure this addiction which worked for me is 3 ways

1) Think that whatever you want is happening but imagine you are creating an obstacle in the energy to go-ahead and manifest because when psychics tell you the timeframe and outcome it becomes expected and outcome pushes further and may prevent it from happening

2) I used to message 5-6 Psychics in a day from work in the washroom, lunch in the evening, had so much anxiety if someone says the outcome not wanted to hear I used to call others till I get to hear what I want and after a while I feel an urge to message someone again, the only way it can be stopped is reducing frequency of messaging them from 5 I went to 3, 2 and 1 per day followed by 1 in 2 days till I got controlled and stopped

3) Delete app if you calling from the phone

Been there done that

Hope it helps !!

Offline russianred

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 03:09:22 AM »
I caved and called today too.  Not a binge, but not ideal.

Tomorrow is a new day.  I'll try again.

Yaz88

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 04:15:09 AM »
Maybe instead of calling, press pause, go back and re-read transcripts or notes or listen to any recorded calls and journal what you learned from the reading about yourself.  You know, thoughts and reflections, how the reading made you feel and why it made you feel that way.  Instead of the focus being on a POI or whatever, make it a more self-centric reflection.  I think we can learn quite a bit from each experience life has to offer and this entire forum, whether actively or passively participating, certainly qualifies as an experience.  It’s actually a group therapy session.  Two readers have picked up on this forum in general readings likening it to a spiritual group or circle where we share different techniques to handle stressful situations and where we exchange information.  At first I had no idea that this is what they were referring to and I kept thinking I’d join some secret society or something.  So, do your best to use this time in your life to learn more about you and what you can glean about yourself from past readings. 

Offline russianred

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 05:59:44 PM »
It's hard because I do think that I have had some good come out of readings (in terms of reframing situations, giving me confidence, things like that), so I don't like the idea of never calling or blocking the site or deleting my account.  I suppose it's a little like an alcoholic who just wants one drink.

Offline Sunshine75

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 11:49:37 PM »
I had this addiction since August 2019, went into negative balance, max out cards and so on

The only way to cure this addiction which worked for me is 3 ways

1) Think that whatever you want is happening but imagine you are creating an obstacle in the energy to go-ahead and manifest because when psychics tell you the timeframe and outcome it becomes expected and outcome pushes further and may prevent it from happening

2) I used to message 5-6 Psychics in a day from work in the washroom, lunch in the evening, had so much anxiety if someone says the outcome not wanted to hear I used to call others till I get to hear what I want and after a while I feel an urge to message someone again, the only way it can be stopped is reducing frequency of messaging them from 5 I went to 3, 2 and 1 per day followed by 1 in 2 days till I got controlled and stopped

3) Delete app if you calling from the phone

Been there done that

Hope it helps !!

There is finally a way to block websites on iPhone. Sigh... ok new day, new way. (However, this is annoying cause knowing me I’ll unblock a million times... Maybe I can have someone I trust like my sister enter a code that I don’t know so only she can unblock it?)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.imore.com/how-block-specific-websites-being-accessed-safari-iphone-and-ipad%3famp

Overall I’m feeling so depressed ... I’m going to buy some magnesium I hear that’s good for anxiety

CALM Transdermal Magnesium has done wonders for me, really, and works quick! https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitality-Cream-Calm/dp/B01F44T0WK

Yaz88

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 03:44:06 AM »
Ok... I officially have 25 hrs from chatting with a psychic! And counting! Whew! ... I hate this. Of course I unblocked keen, then I felt my self salivating at who I want to read with but have no money. Ugh, re blocked the site. Headed to yoga... which I also hate! Because it’s heated and I’m hungry yet if I eat I’ll want to vomit cause the heat is so intense... I really hate this type of yoga, it’s not bikram (which if you like watching leaving neverland then I recommend this documentary: you cry at the abuse) but I also know I’m working with mental blocks and if I’m resenting a yoga class then I think it means it’s pent emotions that need out. Solution: exercise.
Damn it I really hate this class

Nice job!!!!

Offline russianred

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 04:39:41 AM »
Going to try again tomorrow (Wednesday).  Confident that this time I can get through a day of no readings, even from trusted readers and favorites.  As I've posted a few times, if there weren't readers I really enjoy speaking to, it would be easier.  I've posted a few times that getting readings doesn't really take away the anxiety because I still worry about the outcome.  Overall that's true, but I'll admit that there are some readers who do give me a sense of peace, albeit only temporarily. So, it's hard.  If I could afford to have a 20 minute conversation with an advisor I know I like every day, I honestly think I would.

Passing along this tip - write down what your advisor says during the reading and put the total price next to it.  One thing that has helped me a bit is making sure that I do this.  Otherwise, all the readings blended together and I couldn't remember anything, including what I paid for it.  Another perk is that when I feel like I want to call, I have a document I can go back and re-read that somewhat satisfies the urge.

Offline sexyp

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »
day 2 and doing fine. i think I will actually go for a longer than one week pause until I read with Yona then I am off psychics for the next 6months

Offline russianred

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 09:27:43 PM »
Just gotta get through a few more hours and I'll have had a call-free day.

I really believe I know all I can at this moment in time.