Author Topic: Self-Esteem or something else? Help!  (Read 1155 times)

Offline mystery123

Self-Esteem or something else? Help!
« on: January 10, 2020, 04:27:16 AM »
hello!! I need my ladies and guys to put on their psychologist hat

My question is:

Why don't I feel happy for others? Why do I feel envious and jealous when my other friends do or try something new? Why do I feel FOMO if others friends are getting together? --- even though deep down I don't even want to go, and I want to be happy for others and I mostly am, but it still sends me into a spiral

I keep feeling that I should always be given importance, involved, acknowledged, and appreciated. I want experiences to be mine exclusively, and sometimes when I share then I want them to acknowledge that they are doing this because of me or how they would have never thought of it without me-- almost like constant need of approval and appreciation.

If a friend does something good, I mostly feel jealous and envious, even though I am happy for them but I am not good at feeling or expressing that. I get jealous pretty easy and always want to keep proving that how I am better

I have a big fear of missing out on things..I will change my existing plans to make sure I fit into all plans- even though I don't enjoy them..OR If I come to know that a friend is somewhere else doing something else then I want to know what they did, how did it go...even though I honestly don't care-- but I guess a part of my subconscious mind does..

I don't want to feel this way, or have any jealous or envy towards anyone..I just want to be love, love everyone with full heart.

How do I do that? What do I need to work on? Self esteem? Self Love? What is the emotion behind all this?

Offline Wishful Thinker

Re: Self-Esteem or something else? Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 06:39:35 AM »
I have to commend you on acknowledging what’s bothering you and reaching out for assistance/guidance. 

First and foremost, you must examine why you feel the way you feel when it comes to jealousy and envious ness of others.  The element that is missing I feel is genuinely and truly being happy and content with your life.  What’s in your life or was in your life has made you this way?  Have you always felt this way?  If so, when, where and what age did it happen?  When you begin to love yourself, you will attract love, you will radiate with love, etc.  You will get to a point of loving and caring about yourself so much so that you won’t even care if people acknowledge you or not. 

We’ve all been here at one point, but it’s mostly due to our unhappiness in our lives; why should they be happy when I’m miserable?  These thoughts enter when our lives aren’t where we want them to be.  So are we truly happy for people in this state of mind? No. 

The feeling of being left out and saying you don’t truly care isn’t compatible; you care to some extent or you wouldn’t have changed things around to fit others schedule. 
I hope this helps.  Peace.

Offline Jenjen

Re: Self-Esteem or something else? Help!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 06:25:10 PM »
Hey!
 I completely understand the green eyed monster jealousy and the Darkside of envy. It's interesting that you would touch on the subject matter it's one of my issues. I'm not sure how to conquer it I believe you recognizing  this about yourself  is a really big step. It sounds like you need to talk to a psychic lol... just making a bad joke 😎😎😇😇

anything