Author Topic: Single Mom...I have to get control  (Read 2063 times)

Offline honeydip

Single Mom...I have to get control
« on: January 07, 2020, 05:51:12 PM »
Hello everyone,

I’m trying to gain control of my addiction because I’m a single mom of two children. I’m not financially well off to afford readings. I just finished grad school and work a regular job. I’ve spent my last on readings. I might only have 80 bucks to my name and spend 40 on readings. Leaving me with literally nothing till next pay day. I’ve had to borrow money from family members or ask my kids dad for money all the time. My addiction began doing a rough patch with my ex (my kids dad) back in 2010. I’ve been addicted every since. Psychic predicted we would work out and they were wrong. Well I ended up leaving because the relationship was toxic after 8 years. However he still wants me back so maybe they were right to a certain extent. I’ve relocated to another state and none saw that. I’ve taken breaks maybe 3 months at the longest but I keep going back to readings. When I was single again I would get a reading for every guy I liked smh. I’ve been getting readings for the POI since 2017 (guy I fell in love with). He’s stills in the picture but nothing has changed. No commitment and same inconsistent patter in facet it’s gotten worse. I feel so guilty and angry about this addiction. I barely had money to buy my kids Christmas gifts this year or their birthday. I spent so much money on psychics last year that I had enough to buy them tons of gifts for Christmas. Now that it’s a new year I want to stop. Every time I take a break and decide to just get one reading I find myself back on a binge. Then I’m depressed cuz I’m broke and my situation is still the same. I want to build a savings account. I spend more money on readings than anything else. I love shopping but this addiction has gotten in the way of that. This is such a lonely addiction. There are no support groups and you can’t vent to people without them looking at you like seriously!!

Offline honeydip

Re: Single Mom...I have to get control
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 08:04:02 PM »
I feel very guilty and silly after spending my last but I can’t control the urge not to

Offline jas

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 12:44:59 AM »
Yep - same story here.  My addiction has gone on since late 08' and I haven't been able to stop. 

I have thought about going to a gambler's anonymous group and begging them to help me with my addiction.

Quick Story:  sometime between 2010 and 2012 I was in an on-line psychic addiction group.  One woman reached out a few nights before Christmas.  She said she was suicidal because she took all of the money she was supposed to use for presents for the kids and got readings - $800 gone.  She was a single mother and said she couldn't face her children on Christmas morning.  Several of us gave her our number to call but she was in the UK and couldn't.  We never heard from her again.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:34:02 AM by jas »

Offline tshine17

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 01:37:10 AM »
I don’t have much to add but I just wanted to say that I’m rooting for y’all and here for moral support. It’s easy to become addicted to calling.

Yaz88

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 02:10:07 AM »
I really only use my phone to access the platforms, which I find are the most dangerous.  I’ve never used my laptop for some reason. So when I feel like I may be tempted, I’ll leave my phone on the other side of the office or the other side of my house.  If I don’t look at the phone, I won’t be tempted to go on the platforms.  Do you think you can maybe go for a walk or do an exercise like 20 air squats or a few push ups every time you are tempted?  Maybe even take 20 deep breaths and drink a glass of water?  Once you’ve managed to go a few days or so without readings, it gets easier I think.  I promise you that you will get more clarity too!  Good luck and hang in there!

Offline honeydip

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 03:43:49 AM »
Thank you for sharing that story. Omg I hope that lady overcame this addiction. I felt immense guilt on Christmas Day. I have two boys and they only had three gifts each for Christmas. My youngest said “Mom this is it?” The sad part is for the whole month of December I kept getting readings. I only had enough money to get them one gift a piece on their birthdays. I feel like a terrible mom and this helped me come to the realization that I need support. I only get readings when I’m triggered. If something goes wrong with the POI or he does something that worries me; or when we aren’t speaking I’m paranoid. I only get readings from the same readers but I can binge on those few readers quickly. I hate this addiction!

Offline honeydip

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 09:57:15 AM »
Jas  I never thought about a gambling addiction group. I really wish I could find a support group for this but I know this addiction is not one that they typically offer help for. I joined an addiction group on Facebook and I posted about psychic addiction someone laughed at me. I was embarrassed and deleted the messages post. So that didn’t go well this addiction is not taken serious and it’s a serious problem. I could stop getting readings if I could go to support group three times a week. I really feel like I need to be around people that can relate to quit this.

Offline honeydip

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 12:14:51 PM »
Yasz I like your idea of exercising or taking a walk. I have to think of some coping skills. I work in the mental health profession and I constantly talk to my clients about coping skills. Yeah my phone makes it more accessible cuz I can get a reading anywhere. I use my laptop sometimes but mainly my phone like you said smh

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 12:56:18 PM »
I really only use my phone to access the platforms, which I find are the most dangerous.  I’ve never used my laptop for some reason. So when I feel like I may be tempted, I’ll leave my phone on the other side of the office or the other side of my house.  If I don’t look at the phone, I won’t be tempted to go on the platforms.  Do you think you can maybe go for a walk or do an exercise like 20 air squats or a few push ups every time you are tempted?  Maybe even take 20 deep breaths and drink a glass of water?  Once you’ve managed to go a few days or so without readings, it gets easier I think.  I promise you that you will get more clarity too!  Good luck and hang in there!

This. I set the timer on my phone for 5 minutes and walk up and down my stairs. Good exercise and it cuts the anxiety!

Offline honeydip

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 10:35:20 PM »
😮I love that idea going to try it

Offline jas

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 11:43:53 PM »
Honey - I am so glad you were able to buy them something for Christmas.  Please don't feel guilty that it was only three presents.  I told you the story of the mother in the UK so you would know that you aren't alone.

I am going to try a gambler group and I will report back as to how it went.  It is scary because they will laugh at me but I just need to implore to them that this addiction is as real as their gambling addiction.

Offline Smiley1

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 11:49:10 PM »
Honey - I am so glad you were able to buy them something for Christmas.  Please don't feel guilty that it was only three presents.  I told you the story of the mother in the UK so you would know that you aren't alone.

I am going to try a gambler group and I will report back as to how it went.  It is scary because they will laugh at me but I just need to implore to them that this addiction is as real as their gambling addiction.

I’ve had friends tell me about this and one handles it this way.  It might help.

She has her readings recorded.  Listens to them and realises waste of mo Dy

Looks at YouTube for astrology videos

Hides her phone in another room and watches telly

One day at a time.  Also putting your mi way in an account that isn’t connected to cc helped her.

New year. New you.  Realise the damage and move on.

You can definitely do it. 

Offline honeydip

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 03:25:17 AM »
Jas- Thanks for your response. Yes I’m glad I was able to get them something but I know they would if had so much more if I didn’t have this addiction. I learned from it this year and I’m going to take steps to recover from this. Yes please let me know how the gambling group goes. Is this an online group your considering or something in your community?

Smiley- I use bitwine so you can go back and read your transcript. This helps a little when I have an urge but then when I see my reader online I’m tempted to get another reading. It’s a working progress

Offline jas

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 01:57:14 PM »
Gamber's Anonymous is in every city. They have groups that meet 2 or 3 times a week.  From the research I have done, it appears that some groups are "private" which means you have to contact them and ask to be in the group.  This is due to the fact that most people don't want the community at large to know they have an addiction. 

I will let you know how it goes.

beachgal214

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2020, 02:23:24 PM »
my heart goes out to you. I know how it feels to put your financial situation that impacts your family in a bad place. it's awful.

I know you can beat this. remember the glory days before you knew what a psychic was. you can get back there!!

Good luck!!!

anything