Author Topic: Do all psychics tell you your poi is coming back? Never bad news?  (Read 7216 times)

Offline Fidget1028

Re: Do all psychics tell you your poi is coming back? Never bad news?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 01:57:41 AM »
What do you mean just too different; in your beliefs or the way you handled things? Don't opposites attract?
I admire some of your post because you recognized it wasn't you. Women tend to blame themselves more often than men (from what I've seen).

Too different mostly in beliefs and political orientation and how we see the world. Also in some personality traits and habits. And in the kind of people we were drawn to. I couldn't stand most of his friends. I tried to get over that but it was like forcing yourself to eat something you hate.

It was hard for me to recognize that it wasn't me. I really thought I failed him and it took awhile for me to truly understand and accept there was nothing I could have done differently. I sure couldn't hold the whole thing together on my own.

Wow...I could have written this. I had much of the same issues, and man, it was exhausting sometimes.

Offline russianred

Re: Do all psychics tell you your poi is coming back? Never bad news?
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 03:50:54 AM »
It was hard for me to recognize that it wasn't me. I really thought I failed him and it took awhile for me to truly understand and accept there was nothing I could have done differently. I sure couldn't hold the whole thing together on my own.

Amen.  I spent months feeling as though I was failing him and trying to "correct" my behavior so that he would like me more. But no, he just really has character flaws (wishy-washy, actions don't match words) that would spur on these feelings of insecurity for me.

Did you or do you struggle with this idea of how he likely thinks of his behavior as normal and acceptable?  For some reason I can't seem to get past that.  He's superficially apologized to me but I honestly don't think he knows just how much he messed with my head and emotions, even if it was unintentional.  (Sorry, I know I'm not being terribly specific because I know readers lurk here, but suffice it to say that any objective third party would find his behavior in the wrong in this particular situation, although I admittedly enabled a lot of it.)