Author Topic: Mattie markers  (Read 14321 times)

Offline embibems

Re: Mattie markers
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 01:28:06 AM »
I read with Mattie once, a little over a year ago.  I got none of the markers/names/places mentioned.  She mentioned a change coming around Easter (or maybe it was spring) but I think she said spring first and then narrowed it down to closer to Easter.  People, there are only so many major holidays that readers can use as markers. No one is going to use National Cake Decorating Day or National Calzone Day as a marker.

Mattie got so many things right for me it isn't even funny.

Just listened to my reading again:  I didn't even remember that she told me this, but she gave me a female's name (not a top 100 name) and I did indeed meet this person.

Tbh, I'm kind of dying for a reader to give me National Cake Eating Day for a prediction along the lines of "you're eat some damn good cake" because now all I can think about is sweets :P thanks for the chuckle, lady :)

Offline maggs30

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 01:44:30 AM »
National pudding day. Chocoholic Day. These are things I could get behind to promote.

Offline embibems

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 01:51:23 AM »
National pudding day. Chocoholic Day. These are things I could get behind to promote.

Lmao if a reader predicts any movement on these days for me, it's gonna be my arse moving itself to the candy shop ;D

Offline alphabetsoup

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 09:10:36 AM »
Did anyone get "you'll change your hair, and he'll be stunned", or "a guy in a bar with a guitar"? I also found a few "New Yorks", and a "Mike",  I have just read through 4 readings with her over the last 2 years and could not find one thing that actually happened. However, in every reading she said it will happen on "Friday" :-\

Offline embibems

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 10:31:01 PM »
Did anyone get "you'll change your hair, and he'll be stunned", or "a guy in a bar with a guitar"? I also found a few "New Yorks", and a "Mike",  I have just read through 4 readings with her over the last 2 years and could not find one thing that actually happened. However, in every reading she said it will happen on "Friday" :-\

This is really disconcerting. Not to stir up her admirers again, but if this is entirely contrived, at the rate she's charging, she could work 4 hours/day, 5 days/week, and gross over $900,000 per year. That makes my stomach turn.

Omg that figure just made me sick to my stomach.. Thank you for doing the math though persimmon because it puts so much into perspective for me. It's realllly disconcerting..

Also, I did not receive anything about changing my hair or a guy in a bar--though she got us in a bar together (haven't even seen him in two years) lol. Never got a Mike but I did get New York a bunch (it resonated, I concede). She's forever off my list.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 10:42:42 PM »

This is really disconcerting. Not to stir up her admirers again, but if this is entirely contrived, at the rate she's charging, she could work 4 hours/day, 5 days/week, and gross over $900,000 per year. That makes my stomach turn.

Omg that figure just made me sick to my stomach.. Thank you for doing the math though persimmon because it puts so much into perspective for me. It's realllly disconcerting..

Also, I did not receive anything about changing my hair or a guy in a bar--though she got us in a bar together (haven't even seen him in two years) lol. Never got a Mike but I did get New York a bunch (it resonated, I concede). She's forever off my list.

I actually think she makes no where close to that given the percentage CA psychic charges. I also don’t think on that site the readers set their own price. I think it’s automatically tiered increases from CA psychics based on their number of calls or reviews or something. Just providing additional information on this as I really don’t think the rate is personally dictated by her and I’m definitely sure she’s not pocketing what you think she’s pocketing.

Offline embibems

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2019, 12:23:25 AM »

I actually think she makes no where close to that given the percentage CA psychic charges. I also don’t think on that site the readers set their own price. I think it’s automatically tiered increases from CA psychics based on their number of calls or reviews or something. Just providing additional information on this as I really don’t think the rate is personally dictated by her and I’m definitely sure she’s not pocketing what you think she’s pocketing.

Still—it’s more than a lot of us are willing to pay for failed predictions /: wish I had more money for these kinds of things but I don’t personally.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2019, 11:10:10 AM »

I said gross, not net. That's not the point, though; I'm saying if these readings are contrived, that's a big problem. (18 U.S. Code § 1343)

But, sure, let's say CP deducts a 60% commission, based on the assumed hours, the platform makes $561,600 and Mattie takes $374,400.

I agree that she probably makes a ton of money. That’s all comparative though and I don’t judge her for it just we I wouldn’t judge a celebrity or sports star for it. And guess what who knows what she does with her money? For all we know she could give tons to charity.

I don’t think her readings are contrived since she has given me many statements that indicate she has some remote viewing or ability to read the present extremely well - because these have been not general but extremely specific to me. Her future predictions have not penned out for me so far but that doesn’t mean I don’t think she is the real deal with an actual genuine ability at least in the mind reading / remote viewing / reading the present area. She seems to have had lots of predictions actually happen for people as well as even embibems has said. So I don’t think she’s contrived personally.

As far as the gross / net comment that has absolutely zero to do with the cut that keen takes. That’s the difference between what one makes before or after taxes. Not what keen takes.

Paulina93

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2019, 12:22:31 PM »

I said gross, not net. That's not the point, though; I'm saying if these readings are contrived, that's a big problem. (18 U.S. Code § 1343)

But, sure, let's say CP deducts a 60% commission, based on the assumed hours, the platform makes $561,600 and Mattie takes $374,400.

I agree that she probably makes a ton of money. That’s all comparative though and I don’t judge her for it just we I wouldn’t judge a celebrity or sports star for it. And guess what who knows what she does with her money? For all we know she could give tons to charity.

I don’t think her readings are contrived since she has given me many statements that indicate she has some remote viewing or ability to read the present extremely well - because these have been not general but extremely specific to me. Her future predictions have not penned out for me so far but that doesn’t mean I don’t think she is the real deal with an actual genuine ability at least in the mind reading / remote viewing / reading the present area. She seems to have had lots of predictions actually happen for people as well as even embibems has said. So I don’t think she’s contrived personally.

As far as the gross / net comment that has absolutely zero to do with the cut that keen takes. That’s the difference between what one makes before or after taxes. Not what keen takes.

I’m not trying to defend Mattie or anything since I haven’t exactly had a hit from her yet... but what’s the point in discussing how much she makes? If someone doesn’t like it then just don’t spend your money on her. I’ve spent money on her by choice, no one forced me to. So if she ends up not working for me that money being spent is my own fault since I chose to spend it, no one else told me to read with her or forced me to spend. Just don’t spend the money if you think it’s too much (which it is, but once again my own fault for spending it not matties)

Offline flora0250

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2019, 12:27:12 PM »

I’m not trying to defend Mattie or anything since I haven’t exactly had a hit from her yet... but what’s the point in discussing how much she makes? If someone doesn’t like it then just don’t spend your money on her. I’ve spent money on her by choice, no one forced me to. So if she ends up not working for me that money being spent is my own fault since I chose to spend it, no one else told me to read with her or forced me to spend. Just don’t spend the money if you think it’s too much (which it is, but once again my own fault for spending it not matties)

Agree Paulina!

candiednut

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2019, 02:51:31 PM »

Whats wrong with discussing the cost of a service and our opinions on whether we think its cheap or ridiculously expensive? If I went to a restaurant that was ridiculously expensive with low quality food I would discuss it with people who had similar experiences instead of telling myself "oh well, it was my fault that I went in the first place". If people do not voice their opinions on what they think is right, nothing will change in this world. CP kept raising their prices for no reason, what's next $20/min? 30? 50? 100?

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2019, 04:12:05 PM »

Whats wrong with discussing the cost of a service and our opinions on whether we think its cheap or ridiculously expensive? If I went to a restaurant that was ridiculously expensive with low quality food I would discuss it with people who had similar experiences instead of telling myself "oh well, it was my fault that I went in the first place". If people do not voice their opinions on what they think is right, nothing will change in this world. CP kept raising their prices for no reason, what's next $20/min? 30? 50? 100?

I agree. Price is definitely a consideration...maybe not what she makes per se, but how much the service is. I still don't get why/how she is $15/min when her rating isn't that high. When I first read with her, there wasn't a star rating, so I really relied on the reviews here. 7 months later, the 3.7 out of a possible 5.0 rating seems pretty accurate. Obviously "premiere" is not really based on customer reviews.

Paulina93

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2019, 05:49:05 PM »

I agree, however we are all aware that she is hit or miss. I would not go to an expensive restaurant that is known to not be good at times and spend the money there. So us knowing she might not work and still spending that money is on us. I doubt CP will change their price on her based on what we say here, but who knows maybe!

Offline embibems

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2019, 05:59:55 PM »
Quick question: do we know if $15/min is their maximum per minute charge? I'm just wondering if anyone has seen a psychic on CP who is charging more than that (again, I know that the psychics do not determine their rates, per se). I personally have not, but am wondering just how far they're willing to go (i.e. $20/min, $30/min etc).

Also, is there any instance you can remember or recall where a psychic on CP has been demoted i.e., has had their rate/min lowered? I assume the answer is "no", but again I'm checking (only been on CP for just over a year). It would be interesting if this was a policy in relation to review/rating ???

Offline embibems

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2019, 06:04:04 PM »
I knew this comment was going to set a lot of people off, but I think it's entirely valid to keep in mind that just one reader here is running a potentially million dollar per year psychic enterprise, regardless of how those funds are split. I haven't read with Mattie, so I don't have a bone to pick with her, per se. Based upon a preponderance of the positive feedback here, I had been thinking of consulting Mattie, but after seeing how she treated Em, I was admittedly incensed and decided not to get a reading from her, thereto.

What disturbs me is the litany of comments in just this thread which appear to substantiate the concern that this reader gives multiple clients the same type of canned lines, along with predictions that seemingly do not come to any fruition. Part of the reason for having a psychic review forum, like this one, is to empower consumers to make the best decisions for themselves, and that's why it's completely fair to mention her astronomically high per-minute rates, and incorporating that fact into the conversation.

I fully realize that Mattie has her fan club, and that's fine. I respect Flora and Paulina, you both have made meaningful contributions to this forum and I'm glad that you're here. I don't necessarily understand the knee-jerk reaction to rush to Mattie's defense each time there's any indication of negative feedback or concerns being raised by multiple members, but I would ask that you not take personal offense when some of us feel the need to engage in a robust conversation about this reader, looking at all of the facts.

As for the distinction between gross and net, my initial comment stands correct, it has nothing to do with taxes. Gross revenue is the total amount of funds collected from calls to Mattie's extension (based on the assumptions above, about $936,000/year). California Psychics contractually deducts a percentage of that gross revenue as their commission (i.e. 60/40 split, perhaps), and the remainder is Mattie's net income, and that net income is what she would legally be required to declare on her personal tax return. If you want to get real technical, it's called "earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization" (EBITDA) in corporate accounting. After-tax income is generally referred to as disposable income. Not sure why we had to get into this tangential debate about the semantics, but there's my geek moment for the day.

Not to be crass, but at $900/hour, I want that psychic to be able to shoot rainbows from their fingertips. My lawyer charges $495/hour, an extraordinary sum, but he's a big-city lawyer; he doesn't sit there talking about 'cracking eggs' and a 'guy in the bar with a guitar,' or anything of the like. The whole reason their profit margin comes into play in this discussion is to allow individuals to decide whether it's even worth it; not to mention the fact that the Feds start to raise their eyebrows when a... let's just say potentially illegitimate service... starts grossing in the seven-figure range.

Persimmon, I know I inboxed you about your amazing crunching numbers skills but I needed to let you know publicly as well. Thank you for doing this for us, it's truly a service to the community and puts a lot of things into perspective. Not only are you clearly intelligent, but you are also extremely articulate. You have helped me already by sharing this information--my readings will be cut in half or more by you providing the hard facts and numbers. Thank you.. and like I said, you are exceptionally well-versed. If you ever decide to pen a book or written piece, please let me know. I want a signed copy! Hugs xo