Author Topic: Why Psychics ask name?  (Read 4127 times)

Offline Jili1945

Why Psychics ask name?
« on: October 05, 2019, 04:57:07 AM »
Hi all,

I have a question in my mind for a while and appreciate if you can share your perspectives.

Why psychics just ask the first name? How does it help? What happens if we tell them another name or or nick name?

Offline Jili1945

Re: Why Psychics ask name?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 06:18:31 AM »
@persimmon:  Thank you for your detailed comment.

I never thought about the second part but it makes sense to me.

Something that I've been always wondering about is that if this name should be known to the person who we are asking about? I mean, for example, if I am asking a psychic about my colleague can I give them my nickname while my colleague does not recognize me by that name? Based on your comment, my understanding is that this name is just for connection between me and the reader. If that's the case, then I should not worry about the third person.

Offline Jili1945

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 06:42:27 AM »
Thanks persimmon! Your explanation makes very sense to me. Thank you so much!

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 04:33:19 PM »
The purpose readers ask for a name is so they can identify that specific energy. It doesn’t have to be your real name (nickname, something personal or even initials). It is the bookmark that readers see in their psychic eye (at least the good ones) that identifies your presence to their guides. I never ever give my real name.

Offline Jili1945

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 05:19:54 PM »
Ahhh I never thought about this! My poi goes by a nickname and not his actual name. I forget that’s not even his name lol. I wonder if a reader would switch up on you by giving the different name?

As persimmon said, you may need to ask the reader for more clarity this time :)

Offline Jili1945

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 05:22:59 PM »
The purpose readers ask for a name is so they can identify that specific energy. It doesn’t have to be your real name (nickname, something personal or even initials). It is the bookmark that readers see in their psychic eye (at least the good ones) that identifies your presence to their guides. I never ever give my real name.

Thanks HornetKick for sharing your thought. I would usually give my nickname but hesitate about giving a totally different name. But that's good to know how you guys do.

Offline Ninacy

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 11:07:45 PM »
Agree with others. Names have a unique energy vibration that psychics use to tune in and get more info. It doesn't have to be your full name--be wary of psychics that ask for it as they may look up your info online. When I read for others personally, I typically ask for small names or initials. Nicknames are also accepted but sometimes certain nicknames can be revealing and give psychics clues about who that person is e.g crazymike so yes, they are not always the best idea lol. I believe any legit psychic should connect with just real small names or initials, nothing more.

Offline Jili1945

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2019, 07:02:38 AM »
Agree with others. Names have a unique energy vibration that psychics use to tune in and get more info. It doesn't have to be your full name--be wary of psychics that ask for it as they may look up your info online. When I read for others personally, I typically ask for small names or initials. Nicknames are also accepted but sometimes certain nicknames can be revealing and give psychics clues about who that person is e.g crazymike so yes, they are not always the best idea lol. I believe any legit psychic should connect with just real small names or initials, nothing more.

Thanks Ninacy for sharing your perspective!

Offline Jenjen

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 03:57:39 PM »
Think some are just being polite..some are connecting and some just do not how to start the reading...j.