Author Topic: Can’t bring myself to get another reading yet  (Read 5094 times)

Offline flora0250

Can’t bring myself to get another reading yet
« on: September 29, 2019, 11:57:07 AM »
According to Keen the last time I had a reading was 36 days ago and the last time I paid for a reading was 46 days ago.

I am definitely feeling better overall and am more appreciative of the impact that not having readings has had than having readings. I have been tempted. At a moment where I’m thinking okay it’s been a good while now and there’s someone I wanted to try and she’s not that much and I still want to know this and that and oh this other new thing came up... but the strangest thing...

I feel like now that things are going better (I am better able to navigate through my emotions about my POI and things are better hopefully with work I think) — I’m like wow okay I feel like I’m on a roll of sorts. I don’t. Want. To. Jinx. It!

So that’s what’s keeping me from adding money and calling. I just can’t bring myself to do it. Because it’s like if I do it if I get a reading then I will never know what would have happened if I just let things alone and didn’t get a reading. How funny is that?!? I feel like if I *dont* call about this guy or my work situation I may be more likely to have things go well than if I do. So if I break this steak and give in to wanting to get a reading about things ... then I may completely mess up the energy around either situation. And I will never know once I break that streak.

So I’m not. Maybe in another month? Or when something changes one way or another. But for now I can’t bring myself to do it.

Not to mention the money! My gosh I can’t think about how much money I’ve spent over the last year and a half. It’s astounding and I could have paid off so much debt. I think about it now in terms of how much it’s equivalent to. Like okay I could get a pair of shoes for that reading. I’m not getting the shoes so how can I get a reading?!?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 12:00:19 PM by flora0250 »

Yaz88

Re: Can’t bring myself to get another reading yet
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 12:00:19 PM »
Flora, I’m starting to feel the same way.  I’m glad you are doing well!

Offline flora0250

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 12:00:59 PM »
Flora, I’m starting to feel the same way.  I’m glad you are doing well!

Thank you Yaz! Great to hear! You too and thanks again!

Offline maggs30

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 01:28:22 PM »
Congrats Flora! I'm only at day 5 and my Yona top up is Tuesday. I'm fighting to not get a ready before Yona so it doesn't affect the energy Yona sees. We all have little reasons that help us start breaking the cycle and yours is a good one.

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 05:45:27 PM »
According to Keen the last time I had a reading was 36 days ago and the last time I paid for a reading was 46 days ago.

I am definitely feeling better overall and am more appreciative of the impact that not having readings has had than having readings. I have been tempted. At a moment where I’m thinking okay it’s been a good while now and there’s someone I wanted to try and she’s not that much and I still want to know this and that and oh this other new thing came up... but the strangest thing...

I feel like now that things are going better (I am better able to navigate through my emotions about my POI and things are better hopefully with work I think) — I’m like wow okay I feel like I’m on a roll of sorts. I don’t. Want. To. Jinx. It!

So that’s what’s keeping me from adding money and calling. I just can’t bring myself to do it. Because it’s like if I do it if I get a reading then I will never know what would have happened if I just let things alone and didn’t get a reading. How funny is that?!? I feel like if I *dont* call about this guy or my work situation I may be more likely to have things go well than if I do. So if I break this steak and give in to wanting to get a reading about things ... then I may completely mess up the energy around either situation. And I will never know once I break that streak.

So I’m not. Maybe in another month? Or when something changes one way or another. But for now I can’t bring myself to do it.

Not to mention the money! My gosh I can’t think about how much money I’ve spent over the last year and a half. It’s astounding and I could have paid off so much debt. I think about it now in terms of how much it’s equivalent to. Like okay I could get a pair of shoes for that reading. I’m not getting the shoes so how can I get a reading?!?

That’s awesome you’ve found a way to talk yourself through urges and keep your streak! Keep going!!

Offline Loulou

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 12:34:03 AM »
So good to read this. Well done

Offline flora0250

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 01:00:21 AM »
Well I totally broke down and got like 3 readings spent a little over $100. I just caved I don’t know - I had a little extra money which shouldn’t have been extra and I was like okay I can maybe just for the heck of it I’ll get one.

And I did - and all three readings left me with a much different perspective. I won’t name who because I just am not going through the whole debate but they were all from Keen all new to me... and I was just shocked at how easily they ask questions that are leading and make these general statements. Or require you to ask a specific question. So, so super shady. And yet their feedback is phenomenal and all from different users. Very displeased and think I’ll get a refund from the last one.

Ah well. Problem is that it’s tempting to try someone else to want to get an actual good reading! Ha! Okay I am back to being on a break from this. It just reminded me what a waste of money it is.

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 01:05:52 AM »
Well I totally broke down and got like 3 readings spent a little over $100. I just caved I don’t know - I had a little extra money which shouldn’t have been extra and I was like okay I can maybe just for the heck of it I’ll get one.

And I did - and all three readings left me with a much different perspective. I won’t name who because I just am not going through the whole debate but they were all from Keen all new to me... and I was just shocked at how easily they ask questions that are leading and make these general statements. Or require you to ask a specific question. So, so super shady. And yet their feedback is phenomenal and all from different users. Very displeased and think I’ll get a refund from the last one.

Ah well. Problem is that it’s tempting to try someone else to want to get an actual good reading! Ha! Okay I am back to being on a break from this. It just reminded me what a waste of money it is.

Same :( I went a good month without reading, tried to read with someone who couldn’t connect and it just set me back. Nobody is going to tell me something I haven’t already heard so idk why I keep it up.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 01:13:32 AM »

Same :( I went a good month without reading, tried to read with someone who couldn’t connect and it just set me back. Nobody is going to tell me something I haven’t already heard so idk why I keep it up.

I’m sorry you experienced something similar....It’s such a mind game within ourselves.... so easy to think okay but I just know there is someone out there who will really connect with me and who will tell me the truth about what’s going to happen.... when in fact I just don’t think they exist ... or I can’t spend any more money looking! And when someone tells me they can’t connect I think in most cases that’s because they didn’t get enough info from the caller to be able to fake it through the reading. I’m sorry this kind of thing happened to you :(

Offline Star_01

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 01:15:09 AM »

As you said - the good thing to take out of all of this is remembering how generic and crap the readings can be and what a waste of money. At least you worked hard not to get readings for the first month or so, that's quite an achievement already. We all have wobbles from time to time and hopefully realising that the readings weren't great nor worth it have helped you to keep away and from any temptations. Best of luck.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 02:08:08 AM »

As you said - the good thing to take out of all of this is remembering how generic and crap the readings can be and what a waste of money. At least you worked hard not to get readings for the first month or so, that's quite an achievement already. We all have wobbles from time to time and hopefully realising that the readings weren't great nor worth it have helped you to keep away and from any temptations. Best of luck.

Thanks Star :)

Offline flora0250

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 03:33:01 AM »
I faltered and read with SweetRosee again and Marin for the first time and a couple others. Yikes. Slippery slope.

Then I did some tarot readings on myself and they were all so negative! I can’t help but wonder if my tarot reading on myself (as well as some readings from others) reflect my own state of mind more than a future prediction... don’t know. Asked about some career things and relationship things. All sounded very positive.

Time frame cane and went from the reading I had with Clairvoyant Danielle ... but still she was so incredibly good at picking up the present and past and how he is and how I am... and where things were at ... I just feel like maybe it’s just a matter of time... or not... idk.

Marin was awesome. Liked her a lot. Felt like she tuned in very well. But feeling so jaded by past positive predictions that I’m not sure I can trust what she said - which wasn’t fairy tale ish at all. Sweet Rosee is awesome as well, more specific in her predictions and picked up some kind of unexpected predictions that weren’t in my mind so I didn’t feel like she was picking up what she was predicting from my own thoughts ...

Ugh. Not proud of myself here. But hopefully i can be done now for a good long while again.

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 11:03:48 PM »
You can do it! Congratulations! You can get back on. 45 turns to 55 next round.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2019, 01:18:36 AM »
Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I haven’t had any readings since Marin. I’m just so crushed that no ones predictions have happened yet of any real significance. The last ones said things will shift between now and Feb. But a few months ago other readers said by now. And before that other readers said by before that. So it’s just depressing a bit.

Sort of started chatting with someone new but he’s far away and hasn’t really engaged enough for me to think he has any real interest other than just being polite.

Thanks again. I may end up getting a reading tonight .... since it’s been a while. But it just feels plain foolish and wasteful at this point. So I don’t know.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2019, 01:33:06 AM »
I faltered and read with SweetRosee again and Marin for the first time and a couple others. Yikes. Slippery slope.

Then I did some tarot readings on myself and they were all so negative! I can’t help but wonder if my tarot reading on myself (as well as some readings from others) reflect my own state of mind more than a future prediction... don’t know. Asked about some career things and relationship things. All sounded very positive.

Time frame cane and went from the reading I had with Clairvoyant Danielle ... but still she was so incredibly good at picking up the present and past and how he is and how I am... and where things were at ... I just feel like maybe it’s just a matter of time... or not... idk.

Marin was awesome. Liked her a lot. Felt like she tuned in very well. But feeling so jaded by past positive predictions that I’m not sure I can trust what she said - which wasn’t fairy tale ish at all. Sweet Rosee is awesome as well, more specific in her predictions and picked up some kind of unexpected predictions that weren’t in my mind so I didn’t feel like she was picking up what she was predicting from my own thoughts ...

Ugh. Not proud of myself here. But hopefully i can be done now for a good long while again.

The readings you did on yourself can very well be a refelction of your subconscious thoughts and beliefs. It's not uncommon for that to happen to people.  Maybe find a friend to who reads and exchange with them. Just a thought.

anything