Author Topic: Calling psychics  (Read 9569 times)

Offline joyjoy

Re: Calling psychics
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 10:06:54 PM »
You guys have written some powerful stuff and a lot of it really resonates.  Thank you all. What I can't get over is that, for the last few years--especially during the bad binges, I had no one to talk to about this--it's beyond shameful--so I appreciate the forum because it sounds like me talking to me again and again.

Someone wrote previously that you have to go in to get out, or something and I feel like getting even more mired in this world, vis a vie this forum, will help me find my way out. 

Meanwhile, when my last POI told me he was dating someone else, while I processed that, as he sat in front of me, I swear, I thought, "all that money pissed away on readings for nothing.  FOR NOTHING."  I have said over and over on these boards that if I tallied up the amount, I'd be sick--for a while, I was keeping track and now I just can't.  I just have to find a way out--a way to make it manageable for myself.

I will say that I've spoken to a few people on Keen at length recently about these boards and I know Keen reads them and so do advisors.  There is definitely a lot of crap readers on Keen--I have had so many fairytale readings that it's crazy; and I realize that I could put up a posting and read for people and my intuition isn't that well developed yet.  I went through old chats from 2018 to pick better in 2019, and I see the shit that I was fed.  I'll admit, it felt so good at the time and the second it was over, I knew it was fake--and that my bills just increased.  HOWEVER, I don't think you can make a blanket statement and say keen readers just don't care and are out to make a buck, because I don't think that's true.  Over the last few years, I've met some readers who did string me along, and found a few who haven't.  Who have made a lot of accurate predictions and helped me get out of my own way (as recently as last night) and also said, "do not add more money--you've added enough and I'm worried about your purse. you know what you need to know."

This is our choice--and keen does dangle it.  I didn't realize until I read above the correlation between when I stop going for readings and see promotions on keen (I'm an idiot).  But, we have all been in that chair when that little voice says, "your advisor is on hold...to add $29.99, press 1-and we skip it and jam our finger onto 2 or 3 because we JUST. NEED.TO. HEAR. WHAT. THEY. SAY.  We have to find ways to believe in ourselves, but more than that, learn to let go of the outcome and just focus on our lives and realize we have no control over if he calls; etc.  I am really trying to let go and let life unfold the way it's meant to.

I hated myself so much, and this keen addiction, that I gave my old computer that I logged onto away--because I hated looking at it.

I will continue to believe that guidance is useful--but used properly--in a healthy way.  Anything in excess isn't good. 

Offline SweetT

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2019, 12:00:20 AM »
I look back over the many years that I have been talking to advisors on keen, to find that many just gave me a fairy tale and some actually told me the truth.  I have came to limit myself in talking to advisors to one every 2 to 4 months for about 5 minutes. Then sit back and wait.  I found myself going to ETSY for a question answered with a cheaper rate than keen. Over the many years, I have seen keen change. They have really became all about money and not quality. I have even found so many to be rude and cut you off before the third minute, so you can't leave a feedback. Years back you can leave a feedback even after one minute.  I am really disappointed to where keen has gone today. There was a time a couple years ago that I completely pulled away from keen for a few years. I was happy to have saved my money rather than waste it.

Offline jas

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 02:54:19 AM »
My addiction is Baaaddd - oh the money I have wasted.  However, I don't blame Keen, I take full responsibility for the endless calling.  For Keen, it is a business and they will do as any business venture would.  The only place I can lay the blame is squarely at my own feet.  I   have FINALLY started to limit my calling and it has taken years.  I found a few people who work very well for me but honestly, and without reservations, I can say I WISH I HAD NEVER STARTED.  I am now 11 years in and probably will never stop completely.  I actually get something out of it.  I have learned what works for me and what doesn't - BUT I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE START  DOWN THIS PATH.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 02:55:59 AM by jas »

Offline anewstart

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2019, 04:00:58 AM »
There was a time on Keen back in the day when you could email the members actually. I made a few friends that way and every single person, including me, was told the same thing. I, too, thought I was the exception, as did all my Keen friends. Well, none of us ended up with anyone we called about. It got to a point where we ended up in tense arguments about who was right and who was wrong and then did readings for each other with our own tarot cards. It was so damaging to our psyches. And it wasn't worth it. We lost a lot of money, energy, opportunities with others, opportunities in life in general. And we lost our friendships. And not one single psychic cared about what they were doing to us. Excellent post from the original poster.. I want to amend this by saying, 15 yrs later, I did meet someone who I am with today who was never predicted by even the "best" readers. And we've been living together 3 years. I dreamt about him before I met him, so I was my own best psychic!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 05:29:49 AM by anewstart »

Offline doubleoh8

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2019, 02:43:03 PM »
@anewstart I love that you dreamt about your guy before meeting him - what a great reminder that we all have intuition and need to rely on it, rather than some third party stranger to tell us what's coming and what's best for us.

I agree this is a great thread and thanks to all the posters. I am actually seeing a trend on this forum lately that's very positive -- people are opening up about their psychic addictions and habits, and rather than being attacked by other members there is lots of support. I hope this trend continues!

My story is similar to many others I have read on here. I discovered platform psychics in early 2015, just as a promising relationship was starting to go sideways. I became obsessive and began calling psychics more and more, to the point where I was fairly quickly hooked into a cycle of hope, anxiety, doubt and despair. I drained my bank accounts and stayed hooked for nearly 4 years... essentially until I hit a rock bottom of being broke and finally having to wake up to the fact that what reality was showing me was entirely different to the story I had in my head. The guy slipped like sand through my fingers - it was there but never really solid and eventually he met someone and moved on.

The money I wasted is a colossal regret. It was a LOT. But worse, for me, was the impact on my psyche. I read once about a woman who was addicted to psychics and one day she went to see a trusted reader and that reader told her she couldn't read for the woman because her aura was full of holes. I felt that way after 4 years of literally draining myself with psychic readings. I became more fearful, less able to make decisions or trust myself. I also lost touch with reality to a degree... the last time I saw the guy he told me about his new relationship and despite his words it was nearly impossible for me to believe what he was saying.

The good news is that the whole experience did wake me up to some important healing that needs to happen. And the better news is that I feel like I am doing that healing. I am extremely grateful that I got a great job about 8 or 9 months ago, and am slowly recovering financially and psychologically. I am not fully clear of readings, but there are a lot of topics and questions I avoid altogether and my readings are few and far between. Like @Yaz, I had previously used intuitive people for spiritual guidance...and I've tried to go back to that approach. If I'm careful about who I talk to, how often, and what types of questions I ask, that seems to be working - as in helpful for me (no predictions, just guidance). That said, I am aware of how dangerous readings can be for me, and I worry that if I don't heal the things that need healing I could fall down that giant abyss again. The addiction for me is connected to my emotions -- to fear and loss -- and although it sounds cliche I truly believe that many of us struggle with being able to really love ourselves and put our interests first. This is the piece that feels critical to me to heal.

In the end, I don't totally discount the possibility that psychic ability exists. I'm just extremely wary of it. I agree that 99.9% of readers on platforms are either fakes or marginal talents, and that they are there for the income or the ego but not to truly help or enlighten. But even if you find a great reader - the very best reader. Even if someone proves their talent explicitly... even then I feel like there is great cause to be wary. They make mistakes, misinterpret things, over-estimate their gifts. And if you are vulnerable and you truly believe them ... this can have devastating effects.

Sorry this post got so long-winded. I haven't posted on here for some time and I haven't shared a lot because on and off there have been some seriously toxic conversations... but I now come here for the support and the reminder that I'm not alone in my experience and I'm grateful to all who share their stories and for the support that does exist.

For those who are at earlier stages in their calling cycles and starting to see obsessive patterns, I echo the advice given by others: Stop NOW. Nothing good will come of it.

Offline Lo12345

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2019, 06:23:33 PM »
Do we know which advisors share info and such?  I would like to know if I have been to one and not got to them again

Angelbaby of Light and Melody Marie both told me they talked to other psychics about me and asked for input on my situation. I got the impression it was a regular thing on Keen. Melody told me that advisors send each other free minutes and do readings for each other. If they don't want a personal reading then they ask about their clients.

Can they see who we talk too?

Offline peppie

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2019, 07:09:02 PM »
@anewstart I love that you dreamt about your guy before meeting him - what a great reminder that we all have intuition and need to rely on it, rather than some third party stranger to tell us what's coming and what's best for us.

I agree this is a great thread and thanks to all the posters. I am actually seeing a trend on this forum lately that's very positive -- people are opening up about their psychic addictions and habits, and rather than being attacked by other members there is lots of support. I hope this trend continues!

My story is similar to many others I have read on here. I discovered platform psychics in early 2015, just as a promising relationship was starting to go sideways. I became obsessive and began calling psychics more and more, to the point where I was fairly quickly hooked into a cycle of hope, anxiety, doubt and despair. I drained my bank accounts and stayed hooked for nearly 4 years... essentially until I hit a rock bottom of being broke and finally having to wake up to the fact that what reality was showing me was entirely different to the story I had in my head. The guy slipped like sand through my fingers - it was there but never really solid and eventually he met someone and moved on.

The money I wasted is a colossal regret. It was a LOT. But worse, for me, was the impact on my psyche. I read once about a woman who was addicted to psychics and one day she went to see a trusted reader and that reader told her she couldn't read for the woman because her aura was full of holes. I felt that way after 4 years of literally draining myself with psychic readings. I became more fearful, less able to make decisions or trust myself. I also lost touch with reality to a degree... the last time I saw the guy he told me about his new relationship and despite his words it was nearly impossible for me to believe what he was saying.

The good news is that the whole experience did wake me up to some important healing that needs to happen. And the better news is that I feel like I am doing that healing. I am extremely grateful that I got a great job about 8 or 9 months ago, and am slowly recovering financially and psychologically. I am not fully clear of readings, but there are a lot of topics and questions I avoid altogether and my readings are few and far between. Like @Yaz, I had previously used intuitive people for spiritual guidance...and I've tried to go back to that approach. If I'm careful about who I talk to, how often, and what types of questions I ask, that seems to be working - as in helpful for me (no predictions, just guidance). That said, I am aware of how dangerous readings can be for me, and I worry that if I don't heal the things that need healing I could fall down that giant abyss again. The addiction for me is connected to my emotions -- to fear and loss -- and although it sounds cliche I truly believe that many of us struggle with being able to really love ourselves and put our interests first. This is the piece that feels critical to me to heal.

In the end, I don't totally discount the possibility that psychic ability exists. I'm just extremely wary of it. I agree that 99.9% of readers on platforms are either fakes or marginal talents, and that they are there for the income or the ego but not to truly help or enlighten. But even if you find a great reader - the very best reader. Even if someone proves their talent explicitly... even then I feel like there is great cause to be wary. They make mistakes, misinterpret things, over-estimate their gifts. And if you are vulnerable and you truly believe them ... this can have devastating effects.

Sorry this post got so long-winded. I haven't posted on here for some time and I haven't shared a lot because on and off there have been some seriously toxic conversations... but I now come here for the support and the reminder that I'm not alone in my experience and I'm grateful to all who share their stories and for the support that does exist.

For those who are at earlier stages in their calling cycles and starting to see obsessive patterns, I echo the advice given by others: Stop NOW. Nothing good will come of it.

thanks for sharing this - 100% agree and i loved reading it.

Offline joyjoy

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2019, 07:13:58 PM »
If you write feedback for advisors, I would assume they can see who you read with.

Offline anewstart

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2019, 01:59:29 AM »
They used to also have that whole "if I'm not available, this is who I recommend" links which, to me, certainly suggests they share info, kickbacks, all sorts of things. I left honest feedback once for a very popular reader years ago and she sent me a nasty email stating that due to me sharing feedback that none of her predictions re my POI happened after years of calling her, she received an inbox full of emails from other clients panicking and saying they didn't want to live anymore if their POI didn't return and that I was playing with lives by leaving that feedback. And yes, like a moron, I still kept calling. I am also not 100% reading free at the moment but I am getting better in how I approach them and try really hard to let go of the outcome and remain detached. It's been hard but I am very proud of the progress I've made!

Offline anewstart

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2019, 09:46:35 PM »
They used to also have that whole "if I'm not available, this is who I recommend" links which, to me, certainly suggests they share info, kickbacks, all sorts of things. I left honest feedback once for a very popular reader years ago and she sent me a nasty email stating that due to me sharing feedback that none of her predictions re my POI happened after years of calling her, she received an inbox full of emails from other clients panicking and saying they didn't want to live anymore if their POI didn't return and that I was playing with lives by leaving that feedback. And yes, like a moron, I still kept calling. I am also not 100% reading free at the moment but I am getting better in how I approach them and try really hard to let go of the outcome and remain detached. It's been hard but I am very proud of the progress I've made!

Oh wow. I got similar guilt trips for leaving honest feedback or even when I hadn't posted any but just told them on the phone that no predictions had come to pass. Some will say anything to prevent you leaving honest feedback or get you to change it after you do. I was told that it would affect all these other people who were waiting on predictions and make them lose hope and that it might cause their predictions not to happen if I left honest feedback. And that it would be bad karma for me. I had other clients attack me in their feedback after I left a low rating. I saw these same people years later still hanging on and waiting on their predictions. So sad but then when I think back to how they acted I don't feel so bad for them, because it was these same people leaving their fake deluded positive feedback that got me sucked in. It was those people along with the psychic who had me thinking predictions came true for everyone else and thinking I was the only one who had nothing happening. It's like they are gaslighting you. But yeah behind the scenes every one of those people is scared their predictions won't happen either and they all go in a panic when someone suggests that.
Amen to that!!! You're spot on.

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2019, 09:52:28 PM »
Ugh, so many psychics on Keen troll for positive feedback and there are plenty of willing shills. I remember one who would email everyone who recently read with her about any bad feedback she received. Another would offer 5 free minutes in advance if you would call and then leave good feedback, when she got negative feedback, so that the new feedback would push the bad feedback out of sight on her page.

Offline peppie

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2019, 01:55:54 AM »
If you're trying to stop calling, you need to employ a zero engagement policy. No checking up on someone, no asking about them, no reading their tweets, instagram messages, nothing! If you do, it's SO easy to spiral back!

Offline mignnone

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2019, 03:41:52 AM »
I totally agree peppie!

Offline russianred

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 05:54:40 AM »

I’ll end by saying that this whole psychic reading fiasco has shown me that I need to heal.  Whatever triggered this obsession with knowing everything and the final outcome needs to be healed.  My POI is doing whatever it is that he’s doing, it doesn’t change my reality.  I just know that before I can have a relationship with anyone, I need to work on the relationship I have with myself.

When  you are in the midst of all these readings, don’t forget who the person is that really matters.  That person is you.

Was looking through old threads and I thought this was a good thread to bump, many of us could benefit from reading it...

These words meant so much to me, Yaz, because they hit home.  I have been doing a lot of work on what I bolded in your message, but clearly I have a long way to go.  Unfortunately this attitude of needing to know the outcome has held me back in many areas of my life for a long time, and it's not surprising to me that once I discovered Keen, I didn't use it in moderation.

And the last line you wrote is so true, too -- many of us need to continue to ask ourselves not am I worthy of him/her but rather is s/he worthy of me? I do want to be with POI, but I have been so single-minded about my pursuit of him and my desire to KNOW what we become of us that I have lost myself in the last few months.

Yaz88

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2020, 03:18:40 PM »
I’m glad that my post helped you, Russian.  I wrote that post right after I had a serious meltdown.  I had planned on going on a trip to Sedona, with my flight scheduled to depart on September 4th.  Sedona has a huge spiritual community, and is supposed to be excellent for manifesting and healing.  One of the readers told me that this trip was significant when it came to reconciling with my POI, she couldn’t tell me why exactly, but said that it was very important that I go on this trip.  Keep in mind that when I scheduled this trip, it had nothing to do with my POI. I actually intended to meet up with some friends from Colorado in Sedona.   But after that reading, I had it in my mind that the trip had to happen to repair the relationship with my POI. That I’m the one who screwed everything up with him and this would make right what I made wrong.  My imagination tends to run wild sometimes, and I didn’t know if maybe we’d run into each other at the airport.  PLUS, September was one of “the months” numerous readers said we’d run into each other or communicate.  Anyhow, Mother Nature had another plan.  The slowest moving hurricane ever decided to head right towards where I live in FL.  The date it was scheduled to hit was the same day I was supposed to fly out.  Oh the energy I spent trying to re-route the hurricane by visualizing it going the other way was incredibly exhausting.  I really did have a mini-meltdown for about 24-36 hours.  I spent the most money I’d ever spent in a day on Keen.  Actually, by having the mini-meltdown and going on Keen, I made the trip impossible because I spent the majority of the money I set aside for the trip on one reader who had excellent validations, but horrifyingly bad advice that blatantly violated free will and she certainly kept me on the phone to make as much money as possible.  She’s the reason why I will never talk to a psychic if I’m emotionally unstable, no good will come out of that reading.  Needless to say, due to the unpredictability of the hurricane, I had to cancel my trip.  God gave me peace.  It’s like once the hurricane blew by, my tumultuous emotions did as well.  The only psychic that came remotely close to predicting that the Sedona trip might not happen when I expected it to happen was Matilda.  But when I pretty much told her I’d be damned if it wasn’t going to happen, she moved on and just said there would be a period of 24-48 hours she saw me crying, and in a very emotional state.  She thought it would happen in Sedona and said I wouldn’t be alone.  Well the meltdown happened in my living room and I guess I wasn’t alone bc I had my three dogs and my cat.  Sweet Orange saw the trip happening, as did Ness.  The trip probably will eventually happen, just not when or how I thought it would.  It’s not healthy to count on predictions happening the way you expect.  They may happen, but not how we interpreted the meaning at the time of the reading.  I try really hard to not hold onto predictions anymore.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 03:24:15 PM by Yaz88 »