Author Topic: Psychic addiction support groups  (Read 15074 times)

Offline almondtree

Re: Psychic addiction support groups
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 11:36:55 AM »
You can do it joyjoy It is my day 19. It’s finally getting easier for me not to call. The first days were tough.

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2019, 12:06:22 PM »
You can do it joyjoy It is my day 19. It’s finally getting easier for me not to call. The first days were tough.

I'm at 41 days with no readings.  Yippee!

Offline joyjoy

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2019, 12:08:32 PM »

I'm at 41 days with no readings.  Yippee!

you guys are amazing. I just want to get to 7 days at this point--that would be fantastic.

Offline Marimoyy

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2019, 12:27:20 PM »
U can do this!! PM if needed!!!

All!

I need some support this week.  I'm going to try to lay off readings.  Things are just crap now and I just need to stop.  My intention is not to read this week at all.  Given how bad it's been lately, this will be a great feat if I can do it. Today will be day 1!

Thanks.

Lovefash67

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2019, 04:43:07 PM »
This forum definitely helps me too !  Only, it’s my bad that I keep checking the posts each time I access this forum and sometimes I feel tempted. Like right now I am tempted to try Yona because of what some people say but I try not to book her. Just thinking, if anyone would like to have something like a Skype group or other forms of communication apart from the forum.....
A Skype group or group chat sounds great

Offline Marimoyy

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2019, 04:50:42 PM »

Line or WhatsApp is a good way too

This forum definitely helps me too !  Only, it’s my bad that I keep checking the posts each time I access this forum and sometimes I feel tempted. Like right now I am tempted to try Yona because of what some people say but I try not to book her. Just thinking, if anyone would like to have something like a Skype group or other forms of communication apart from the forum.....
A Skype group or group chat sounds great

Offline almondtree

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2019, 07:44:03 PM »
Everyone send me your numbers !!!!! Group chat getting started already !!!! :)
There is one created recently. Or we can create another one. Either way.  Some might prefer a smaller group.

Offline 704Gemini

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2019, 07:42:25 PM »
Wow!!  Congrats to those of you who have x number of days under your belt!  I too seem to hate my money, credit, time, and sanity.  So a group like this would be so very helpful!  I'm new to the forum but like someone else mentioned I'm finding it to be a doubled-edged sword!  Anyway...best of luck to everyone!

Offline joyjoy

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2019, 07:43:32 PM »
Wow!!  Congrats to those of you who have x number of days under your belt!  I too seem to hate my money, credit, time, and sanity.  So a group like this would be so very helpful!  I'm new to the forum but like someone else mentioned I'm finding it to be a doubled-edged sword!  Anyway...best of luck to everyone!

Good luck, Gemini!  PM me if you need anything.  I'm newer too.

Offline Sabrina

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2019, 10:40:25 AM »
I used to be addicted to psychics and it wasn't pretty  :( Cost me too much money. But addiction went away when I finally decided to embrace life and give up false hopes. I think it's returning now though  >:(

Offline sanshine

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2019, 10:54:48 AM »
Joyjoy - good luck, keep reaching out.

When you find the urge, do something really kind for yourself - can be small - go do your nails, get a smoothie, call a friend. hugsss!

Offline joyjoy

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 07:34:14 PM »
Hi! I am newly accepted to this forum and I too am allergic to my money - that made me laugh.  I think the hardest part is I try to constantly "call just one more" to see if "they see what i feel to be true".   I could use a therapost but having hard time finding one bc my issue is not so much with psychics in general but in needing to get over a POI that for some reason consumes me.

Why does the universe put people in our life for one half of the couple to feel so much and the other to act like they dont GAF.  I just have such a hard time accepting that.

Is that how a lot of you feel?  Liek the feelings were real and then something got in the way?

I am trying to tell myself if the universe wanted us together it wouldnt be so complicated and I wouldnt need psychic confirmation..

I dunno I am rambling - but I need help. I am doing up to 3-4 a day and I am scared to look at my cc statement right now it makes me sick.

id love to get to day 2!!!

Find a good therapist.  Things DO happen for a reason, but sometimes that reason is to get back to who you are, and find your way back on your path--having nothing to do with the other person.  The guy that I used to call about--when my addiction got really, really bad, was in my life to teach me who I am, again and what I would and wouldn't accept.  After he told me he had met someone else, I sat in a ball, crying in the corner of my kitchen.  I thought no one would ever love me--out of billions of people, I'd lost the ONE person who would ever consider me at all.  And time passed.  And I didn't die.  BUT, I found a great therapist.

And, it's a year plus later, and I saw him on Saturday--spent the day with him--and there is no amount of money or whatever in the world that I would consider to have him back as a lover or even think of him as a partner; he is NOT right for me, and if he had dated me for a few more months, I would have chewed him up and spit him out (and I told him that over the weekend), but because he walked away first, I got my heart and my ego mixed up.   Instead, he was a teacher--and for that, I am grateful.  I spent a lot of time mourning him, mourning my heart and being largely unproductive.  I don't mind the time mourning over him--I mind the time that I wasn't function; the time that I spent chainsmoking and calling readers.  Through my healing, and the growth over the last year, I found myself again and I know what I have to do, which is take care of myself better.  The person I'm involved with now is vastly different and way, way better suited to me--and if that doesn't work out, I'll be very, very sad, but I know that men are like buses and someone else will come along.  What I feel I am being told now, loudly, is to be in the present and take care of myself--I would urge you to do that and limit the time you spend on this.  And, for the 4th time--make your priority finding a good therapist!!!

Offline joyjoy

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 09:04:00 PM »
And I guess if you dont mind sharing a little more- my last question would be - did you ever have a talk with them - for closure- as you were healing and if not, would it have helped? 

I am trying to move on on my own - detach on my own -  but part of me wants to like ask him these questions that i have - the why did you pursue me, the why did you walk away - but would it just embaress me? make things weird?

In your experience and healing - did you get that closure - did you try to?  I think my POI would certainly talk to me and I probably already know the answers (both in relationships, wouldnt work out, not interested in having feelings for someone with my circumstances, too difficult etc)

So, I'm going to tough love you and I'm going to tell you what a few people told me--and what I have learned over the years.  I suspect I have a few decades on you.

First, you don't need closure---you have it.  He walked away. It's closed. It doesn't matter what his motives were, it doesn't matter; what matters is that YOU heal, you learn, you grow and you move on.  I had this guy who did something similar to me, and I NEEDED CLOSURE!  I tried to call his cousin's wife to get answers until a friend of mine said, "girl.  it's closed.  He closed the door." And I realized she was right.

Second, from my years of 12-step programs, I learned the following advice: God (or the universe or spirit or whoever) has 3 answers for things: 1) Yes. 2) Yes, but not now. 3) No, because I have something better.  Girl--you are holding onto the no and not being open to the "I have something better" part. 

Third, it's bullocks that you haven't had time or focus to find a therapist--if it were that important, you'd do it.  Spazzing out on psychics is important enough for you to piss away time and money--why isn't a therapist?  It would be more productive and the results would be more lasting.  Just be honest with yourself that you haven't made it a priority.  It's a massive pain in the neck to find healthcare providers but it's IMPORTANT.  So, another question to ask yourself is, what are you hiding from?

In terms of my POI from 2016, he never fully let me go.  Oh, he went on--slept with other people (as did I), found a girlfriend, moved in with her, but nearly every week to three weeks would text me.  I blocked him on most mediums but didn't on Instagram and so, he had a loophole.  I met my current POI and wasn't ready to move on regardless, but over time, POI 1 became smaller and smaller in my mind.  I thank my coven of girlfriends who were also healing and a lot of instagram pages about healing and my amazing therapist, who pulled me out of the hole.  I'd seen him a few times and in April, we had a long talk and I told him that he was a piece of crap and got it all out--and somehow, time took the blinders off, and I saw him for who he was.  I recognized him as a teacher and not a potential partner and saw how he was threatened by me and how he held me down.  And I look at him now, and I know he couldn't handle me--because of him, not me.  So, seeing him on Saturday was fine.  I even saw his girilfriend, who was away, send him text messages saying I love you and him responding in kind and I feel a little bad for her, and I hope she is ok.  And I think about how he lied to her about seeing me and I wouldn't want to be her.  You will get to that place.

But, start taking care of yourself.  Stop hiding behind excuses and at least call yourself out on your own crap and start healing already!

I wonder if it would help me move on, or if i can detach on my own and never need to ask those questions. I hope that makes sense.

I just think for some reason that maybe hed finally give me what im looking for if i ask. rather than seeking out answers from psychics. like asking him directly what happened.  but then im like maybe its just as simple as hes not looking for what i had to offer, or he just didnt feel the same and sensed i wanted more so backed off.

Offline GoldieShawn

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2019, 10:25:30 PM »
@beachgal214 - my heart goes out to you. I have been down this road a few too many times.

What I can say from years of heartache is that there is no such thing as closure in the sense that we normally think of it. The last guy who broke my heart, I finally (after more than a year) got him to meet me in a private location and talk. He apologized (for leaving me for another girl). He obviously was still into me and wanted to hook up. He told me he knew he'd made a mistake. But he did not leave her. In fact, a few months later he proposed to that girl and they are now married. What did I get out of my 'closure' conversation? More unanswered questions and more mysteries that kept me hanging onto the shreds of something that was long gone.

The truth is, I don't think men who do these kinds of things normally know WHY they do what they do. If they possessed that kind of logical reasoning powers they probably would be back on your doorstep. Instead they have excuses and fears and things they will say because they hate being wrong or the bad guy. They have bullsh*t they will spew to stop you from closing the door for good, so they still feel like they have a shot. They have their own desires for your attention or to see what you will say that keep them pushing the boundaries. But they don't have an explanation, at least not one that's going to make you feel any better.

When I think about this for myself, I realize that I am the same. I can't tell you why I want to be with one person and not another. I can tell you things that are great about them and things that might annoy me about someone else, but those are really backfilled logic. You could put someone else in front of me with the same qualities and I might feel completely different. Our reasons are at best an awkward translation of feelings that can't be put into words.

These days when I think I want closure, I ask myself what I could possibly hear from the other person that would change my tomorrow. If they wanted me back, I would know it. If they say they made a mistake, does that help me feel better? No, it just messes with my head. If they tell me they left because the other woman was softer or prettier or better in bed, does that truly help me to move on? No, it just gives me a new detail to obsess about. What truly helps me to move on is to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the universe loves me too damn much to expect me to spend my life pining for someone who can't see my worth.

joyjoy is right. The yes/yes but not now/no because there's something better is completely true. I met my current POI when I was just starting to get over the last one who had caused all of the drama and need for closure. Now I would not take the first guy back if he were the last man on earth. There will be another man and it will happen faster than you think once you decide to loosen your hold on the past.

Hugs to you, girl, and I second the vote on therapy. A great therapist is an incredible resource and you deserve to make that investment in yourself. You deserve to feel whole. You deserve to be able to let go of your past so you can embrace your future. xo

Offline sanshine

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2019, 06:39:15 PM »
youtube readers really helped me get free of the addiction - helped me work out all of the emotions and feeling low and not involving my wallet!