Author Topic: Laying off readings...  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Love2lovenj

Laying off readings...
« on: August 16, 2019, 04:07:32 PM »
Ok so I've come to realize all the money spent on readings i could gave spent it on tangible things.  Soooo i figured if i could go with out readings until the end of Sept i will reward with something that i so wanted but felt was pricey.  The item comes out to under $250 and would be helpful on me taking control of my life again with fitness.

I couldn't believe i caught myself thinking that's a lot of money yet i could easily spend that in less than 2 weeks of readings. Smh.

Anyone else game to withdraw from readings and rewarding ourselves?

Offline Flyingsoul

Re: Laying off readings...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 11:12:31 PM »
I stopped for readings for 3 months and i did save a lot during this time and had bought many new and nice clothes, i had recently went back readings for about a month, and i have decided today will be my last one for now, my target is, not to have any reading until early mid of Oct.
I have 3 days yoga classes and 1 day gym to occupy me, I am a single mum who is working full time and with 2 children living with me.
I am trying to do meditation daily for 10 mins and trust me, it does help!

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 11:04:39 PM »
So glad you were able to get it under control.  Yes its nice to see where your money is going then to get that temporary fix of a reading and then a mind blowing bill the following month.

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 11:36:04 PM »
Hang in there See. You can do this and great steps to avoid temptation.  I bought my gift so i am happy to say that i haven't caved to having a reading in 2 weeks.  Seems small but a major accomplishment but its all about baby steps. 👍

Offline midwest60

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 01:04:04 AM »
Wow, thanks for the link on the Self Control app! I am Mac person and never heard of that block.  Many times, I have called Keen and asked them to close my account and then just open it again a few days later. I see the Self Control app won't allow you to do that.

I applaud your effort to reduce your readings. I know how tough it can be as I struggle from time to time. But, for those that have posted, YOU GOT THIS! You can reduce your time and $$ spent on psychics. 

I like what one person posted somewhere on this site. "God's assistance is free." That's my new motto.

Offline KotaSwan

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 01:43:30 AM »
I am doing the same at the moment. I closed my keen account the other day as I was wasting so much time just to see if any of my favorites were on or not...I wasn't reading as much ...like maybe one reading a week but still. I just want to keep focusing on things I need to and take care of myself like going to the gym more regularly, eating healthy, going out more which was getting affected by the money I was spending on keen. Not checking the forum much either for past 7-10 days and I feel so much better. I hope I stay strong...fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:46:08 AM by KotaSwan »

Offline Flyingsoul

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 02:05:49 AM »
Haven't have any readings since my last post here , YES!!!!

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 02:12:14 AM »
Haven't have any readings since my last post here , YES!!!!

Good job!  I just had my 1 month anniversary of no readings and I feel fabulous! My anxiety has been reduced tremendously!

Offline Flyingsoul

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 02:14:15 AM »
Hey Fidget, I had successfully stopped readings for 3 months from April to July, then went back for a month until 17th Aug, now had not have any since..
So much money saved and buying myself lots of good clothes lol