Author Topic: Random tarot tips/advice/Q&A  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Still tired

Re: Random tarot tips/advice/Q&A
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 02:35:58 PM »
I've been meaning to ask you, Still Tired, what your thoughts are about an entire royal court of a particular suit (wands) showing up in a spread. Unless the cards weren't shuffled well, that seems almost too coincidental to not mean something.

It might depend a bit on the question you asked and whether it involves other people or mainly one person. Sometimes court cards represent different aspects of yourself or of another person, rather than multiple people. If all 4 court cards in a single suit show up I would look at that as a possibility.

Otherwise it might represent a family, a group of friends or co-workers, or some other close-knit group of people. If there are multiple people involved, being all of the same suit indicates a sort of cohesiveness, similar personalities, doing things together or working towards a common goal. It could also represent being involved in a hierarchy, where some are in charge or have a higher level of authority.

It could also represent a couple. The Knight and page could represent an earlier stage in the relationship, and the king and queen what it is developing into.

If the reading is focused on one person in particular it may represent their family. Especially if there are other family oriented cards like 4 of wands, 6 of cups, 10 of cups or pentacles. If there are other cards related to the past, it could be talking about their family history or upbringing.

If the question is introspective, it could represent you and different phases in your life. Pages can represent childhood or your inner child. Knights can represent teenagers or young adults. Or, it could represent different aspects of your personality or actions you might be taking.

Court cards in general often represent actions people take, or feelings, rather than the people themselves. Knights especially represent action. Pages, for me, tend to represent thoughts and intentions more than actions. A lot of people interpret pages and knights as messages or communication, but for me personally they usually don't show up that way. However, with the queen and king together it could be showing communication between 2 people. Being all of the same suit would mean the communication flows well.

When court cards show up, always look carefully at their positions, how they relate to each other and the direction they are facing.
Also look at what other suits are present. If there are other wands cards, or compatible major arcana like the Sun or Strength, it would reinforce the suit. If there are incompatible cards, like cups or other watery cards, it would say the people involved might be out of their element, in a difficult situation or working through something together.

If there are cards indicating 3rd parties like 3 of swords, I would question whether this is a couple who each have another love interest, but that seems unlikely.

Even if the cards were not shuffled well, it would still seem unusual to get 4 court cards of the same suit. I would definitely believe that it means something.

Offline Lo12345

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 03:02:26 PM »
Hi I have a question! In a lot of my readings I been getting 2s, majority of my readings it’s I’m get a lot of 2 showing up here. So i was wondering what that means. I take it the basics usual 2 weeks,2 days, 2 months, or February. But I was just wondering if any one had more info since they keep popping up in a lot of readings.

Offline username1111

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 07:15:48 PM »
Hi I have a question! In a lot of my readings I been getting 2s, majority of my readings it’s I’m get a lot of 2 showing up here. So i was wondering what that means. I take it the basics usual 2 weeks,2 days, 2 months, or February. But I was just wondering if any one had more info since they keep popping up in a lot of readings.

2's are for: duality, choices, partnerships, balance.

Unless you are using a specific deck dedicated to timing, I would not rely on numbers for time.

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »
@username1111, is there a deck that someone can specifically use for timing?

Offline Lo12345

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 09:10:23 PM »

Unless you are using a specific deck dedicated to timing, I would not rely on numbers for time.

Would you say these are good cards that he is gonna come back around and positive for relationships. They just kinda tell me alot of 2 showed up. I think I’ve hear 2 of cups a few times. 

Offline username1111

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2019, 09:38:53 PM »
@username1111, is there a deck that someone can specifically use for timing?

Not that I know. I use a small "marseilles" one because it has little imageries and its more focus on numbers: https://www.amazon.com/Tarot-Marseille-Mini-English-Spanish/dp/0738710261/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=tarot+marseilles+mini&qid=1574285873&sr=8-1 - also, I never read with it - except for timing.

Offline user5942

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 01:31:46 AM »
Tarot is an art and one that I find extremely difficult to master

Have you thought about using more specific cards? Like oracle cards or lenormand?

I use lenormand cards sometimes right in tarot spreads

Offline Still tired

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2019, 03:53:33 PM »

Would you say these are good cards that he is gonna come back around and positive for relationships. They just kinda tell me alot of 2 showed up. I think I’ve hear 2 of cups a few times.

Getting lots of 2s tends to mean that partnership or relationship is on your mind a lot. But it doesn't necessarily say what the outcome will be.

2s can mean that you are integrating something within yourself and finding balance. Or it could mean that you are ambivalent or of two minds about something.

2s can mean you are in a phase where things join together or start to develop just beyond a beginning. For instance if you sign a contract or lease, that would be a 2 type of event.

2s could also refer to a Gemini.

Offline username1111

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2019, 04:32:08 PM »

It would be true if the 2 of cups shows up repeatedly. But the other 2's would not specifically refer to a relationship.

The 2 of pentacles is about balance, juggling resources, time, people. The 2 of wands is about planning ahead and defining a vision that one will be able to act on. The 2 of swords is about weighting options and ideas and being able to make a very difficult decision.

With the major arcana, the high priestess talks about the inner knowing, the intuition, being in tune with both consciousness and subconsciousness. It's a card of wisdom and spirituality. Sometimes I also consider the justice card to be a 2 (it's a 11) - that one talks about fairness, equality, karma and balance (and obviously legal matters)

Hope this helps :)