Author Topic: Readers keep saying his feelings are so strong he cant be with me..(what?)  (Read 2948 times)

Offline dascallie

Ive heard it ad nauseam. "Our connection was/is so powerful", it overwhelmed him, he loved me SO MUCH that he DUMPED me. Say what?

I've heard versions of  "He was so badly hurt in a previous relationship, when he fell so hard for you, he panicked and ran" over and over.

Doesn't make sense in the real world though, does it? If a man is madly in love with you, he wants to BE with you.

That's the way life works, right?
It's been a mindbender (not in a good way) to be told something so counter-intuitive to common sense, constantly :-(

Why do they do this?

Offline diamondcanadian

Ive heard it ad nauseam. "Our connection was/is so powerful", it overwhelmed him, he loved me SO MUCH that he DUMPED me. Say what?

I've heard versions of  "He was so badly hurt in a previous relationship, when he fell so hard for you, he panicked and ran" over and over.

Doesn't make sense in the real world though, does it? If a man is madly in love with you, he wants to BE with you.

That's the way life works, right?
It's been a mindbender (not in a good way) to be told something so counter-intuitive to common sense, constantly :-(

Why do they do this?

I’ve had this before !

Drives me crazy .
All these men need to stop being pussies if it’s true!

Can you imagine if we did the same?

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
I’ve heard it and I call b.s.

When someone wants you, most will go for it.

I’m not saying there aren’t people who are damaged, confused, have their hands tied, whatever. But most people go for what they want. It’s biologically wired in us.

When any reader tells me this I am less likely to read with them again.

I don’t want flowers and rainbows.

Actually I do! Lol just not from a reader

Offline dascallie

I'm thinking it's not true.

I mean, in life we know actions tell the story---how can someone with such * strong* feelings never reach out, for months and months?

But my real question is why do literally dozens of psychics tell me this same thing--when we have had zero contact for 10 months?

Are they just being irresponsible---are they just reading my wants?

Offline Girly1998

You know, I’d really love the opportunity to see both parties get readings. I wonder if the readers would feed the guys we call about the same bs they feed us. I wonder if they’d also tell the guy to hold off on contacting first and to wait for us to reach out.

I think being damaged in a relationship and running is pretty reasonable but they usually come back after realizing what they’ve done.

Offline Girly1998

I mean, in life we know actions tell the story---how can someone with such * strong* feelings never reach out, for months and months?

But my real question is why do literally dozens of psychics tell me this same thing--when we have had zero contact for 10 months?

By the same token, they could be literally dying to speak to you but lack the courage to do so. To gauge how someone is feeling just by their lack of contact/effort is tricky, IMHO. Especially with factors such as so much time has passed since the last point of communication, how badly things ended, who initiated the breakup/no-contact. I know logic tells us ''this person couldn't care less because if they did, they'd reach out by now!'' but sometimes that is just our own fears and insecurities taking over and magnifying things. This is why I always say discernment is needed.

Yes! With the first person I dated, we were out of contact for 6 months. I wanted to reach out several times but didn’t because he clearly told me that he couldn’t like me like I liked him. That is was only physical for him 🙃 Like obviously I would make a fool of myself for begging him to come back.

Then 6 months later he sent me this long paragraph stating he regretted his decisions, that he had felt bad for several months but didn’t know how to reach out. The reconciliation didn’t last long which was my decision but he did come back.

Now not every person is like this and I don’t recommend to continue to reach out to someone who doesn’t even give you breadcrumbs but not every man is going to act on his feelings like so many people think. They hesitate too, even if they’re the reason you ended.

Offline Girly1998

By the same token, they could be literally dying to speak to you but lack the courage to do so. To gauge how someone is feeling just by their lack of contact/effort is tricky, IMHO. Especially with factors such as so much time has passed since the last point of communication, how badly things ended, who initiated the breakup/no-contact. I know logic tells us ''this person couldn't care less because if they did, they'd reach out by now!'' but sometimes that is just our own fears and insecurities taking over and magnifying things. This is why I always say discernment is needed.

Yes! With the first person I dated, we were out of contact for 6 months. I wanted to reach out several times but didn’t because he clearly told me that he couldn’t like me like I liked him. That is was only physical for him 🙃 Like obviously I would make a fool of myself for begging him to come back.

Then 6 months later he sent me this long paragraph stating he regretted his decisions, that he had felt bad for several months but didn’t know how to reach out. The reconciliation didn’t last long which was my decision but he did come back.

Now not every person is like this and I don’t recommend to continue to reach out to someone who doesn’t even give you breadcrumbs but not every man is going to act on his feelings like so many people think. They hesitate too, even if they’re the reason you ended.

In my case, I couldn't continue with this silence nonsense so I reached out after almost 8 months. I got an apology too. They were scared I wouldn't speak to them so that is why, although they have been thinking of reaching out for weeks not, didn't take action. A particular reader I trusted told me that by me walking away I had taken the power back and they always told me POI would be the one to reach out but as the timeline got closer all I was told was ''soon'' yet when I reached out it seemed unlikely that it would've happened as the reader said. I don't know if I altered or even broke the timeline given by reaching out but by doing so I got even more than the reading promised, because they never told me this person would apologize at all. Me taking the risk paid off as we both got closure about what had transpired last year.

Did you reach out for closure or for reconciliation?

Offline Girly1998

In my case, I couldn't continue with this silence nonsense so I reached out after almost 8 months. I got an apology too. They were scared I wouldn't speak to them so that is why, although they have been thinking of reaching out for weeks not, didn't take action. A particular reader I trusted told me that by me walking away I had taken the power back and they always told me POI would be the one to reach out but as the timeline got closer all I was told was ''soon'' yet when I reached out it seemed unlikely that it would've happened as the reader said. I don't know if I altered or even broke the timeline given by reaching out but by doing so I got even more than the reading promised, because they never told me this person would apologize at all. Me taking the risk paid off as we both got closure about what had transpired last year.

Both. I always left the door open for at least friendship (who am I kidding, really  ::) ) but to be honest, I reached out that day more than anything because it suddenly hit me that if I didn't take action, even if this meant disrespecting my boundaries somewhat, I would never hear from this person again. I wanted to at least see if there was a possibility of being in each others lives because when I walked away I left the door open to being friends once I had healed from what had happened.

Isn’t is strange how you can both feel that way but still nothing happens? Closure is more than most people get though so I’m glad you go that apology! Sometimes relationships don’t work but that doesn’t mean either is a bad person because of it :)

Offline Girly1998

Both. I always left the door open for at least friendship (who am I kidding, really  ::) ) but to be honest, I reached out that day more than anything because it suddenly hit me that if I didn't take action, even if this meant disrespecting my boundaries somewhat, I would never hear from this person again. I wanted to at least see if there was a possibility of being in each others lives because when I walked away I left the door open to being friends once I had healed from what had happened.

Isn’t is strange how you can both feel that way but still nothing happens? Closure is more than most people get though so I’m glad you go that apology! Sometimes relationships don’t work but that doesn’t mean either is a bad person because of it :)

It is sad but, that's life I think. If you give your everything and something still doesn't work out, at least you're left with the knowledge that there wasn't anything else you could've done differently to alter the outcome. More and more I believe that what is meant for you will simply not pass you by.

What’s meant for you will never pass you, absolutely. If there’s a will there’s a way. Just keep reminding yourself that if it’s supposed to happen, even if it’s 15 years from now, then it will.

Offline psychic girls

Those are stock line that they will give to anyone.

Offline Penelope

I’ve heard this from almost every reader I’ve called.  Even the ones that say my POI will not move forward with me have told me that he has feelings of love and care for me intensely; that he is in a really bad place right now and cannot deal with it; his hands are tied; he doesn’t feel he is good enough; he is scared of losing me yet at the same time he is scared he is going to mess things up further where he loses me completely in his life; if he doesn’t say anything, he won’t mess things up; still waters run deep; cannot express how he really feels...In the end, he told me himself that he didn’t feel the way I wanted him to. 

Did you get the closure?