Author Topic: How much time it too much time?  (Read 15381 times)

Yaz88

Re: How much time it too much time?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 03:15:46 AM »
For me, today was the breaking point.  It’s been 3 months since last point of contact.  All the readings started about 2 months ago.  Up until last Thursday, all the readers (except for Aerie Rivers) indicated that he’d make contact.  Aerie Rivers said I’d need to initiate contact.  Since the majority said he’d make contact, I waited.  Some of the  predicted timelines came and went.  Some other readers said it wouldn’t be until August 12, August 28, September, October, or beginning of November.  Last week, a monkey wrench got thrown into my waiting game when Matilda said I’d need to make contact.  I was thrown through a loop. Matilda said that this guy was worth the effort and he’d be open to communication. Of course, I then called Tara.  She also said I should make contact, and said he’d find hearing from me to be good news.  I waited a few days and then called Psychic Readings by Gail.  Now this is when I was seriously confused.  She said his back was to her, which meant I should not wait around for this guy (which is what happens when there’s no closure, whether you intend to wait around or not).  She said he wouldn’t be back around until February.  Well, today another part of Matilda’s reading seemed to have a mini hit.  So this gave me enough of a push to text  him.  No response yet.  Who knows whether he’ll respond or not.  I’m glad I texted him.  No more wondering and no more being confused.  If he responds, cool.  If not, oh well.  What’s meant to be will be.  The universe is so much more powerful than my text screwing up any divine plan.  If he and I are meant to be in each other’s life, even if he doesn’t respond, the universe will put us in each other’s path (two readers said this would happen.  We’d run into each other).  If not, then I’m glad I put an end to this madness.  Much love! <3

To show how much of a skeptic I’ve become I look at this post and how many posts you’ve posted see that you’re pretty new and have to wonder if this reply is a set up and completely made up story to foreshadow that one of the advisors you mention were right and isn’t that fabulous that so and so was right? I’m sorry if this hurts your feelings as I don’t know you and it’s probably just my own skepticism but this is how much I believe that this industry is based in greed. That someone may just in fact go so far as to make up a fake account not to pretend to be the reader but to make up stories that then glorify a particular reader.

In the event this is not the case - wish you all the best and good for you for reaching out and setting your mind at ease.

I’m not entirely sure how my post can glorify any one specific reader, no matter which way my situation goes.  At this point, I’m truly beginning to think that they were all wrong about my situation OR my own freewill completely messed up the outcome.   Yes, I’m relatively new on the forum.  Lurkers who don’t contribute are frowned upon.  Yet, you react with premature skepticism when someone new attempts to share their experience.  If I were to have just “poof” appeared on this forum saying that so and so was 100% right and everyone needs to try her, well that’s another story.  It’s always good to be somewhat skeptical, but keep in mind that taking a swat at someone’s authenticity as a preemptive measure will surely result in others not wanting to share their experiences with various advisors. Isn’t that one of the main reasons why this forum exists?  To share our experiences and offer support?  Hell, it’s not like most of us can talk to our friends and family about this without them being all judgey.  So here we are :-)

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 03:22:34 AM »
For me, today was the breaking point.  It’s been 3 months since last point of contact.  All the readings started about 2 months ago.  Up until last Thursday, all the readers (except for Aerie Rivers) indicated that he’d make contact.  Aerie Rivers said I’d need to initiate contact.  Since the majority said he’d make contact, I waited.  Some of the  predicted timelines came and went.  Some other readers said it wouldn’t be until August 12, August 28, September, October, or beginning of November.  Last week, a monkey wrench got thrown into my waiting game when Matilda said I’d need to make contact.  I was thrown through a loop. Matilda said that this guy was worth the effort and he’d be open to communication. Of course, I then called Tara.  She also said I should make contact, and said he’d find hearing from me to be good news.  I waited a few days and then called Psychic Readings by Gail.  Now this is when I was seriously confused.  She said his back was to her, which meant I should not wait around for this guy (which is what happens when there’s no closure, whether you intend to wait around or not).  She said he wouldn’t be back around until February.  Well, today another part of Matilda’s reading seemed to have a mini hit.  So this gave me enough of a push to text  him.  No response yet.  Who knows whether he’ll respond or not.  I’m glad I texted him.  No more wondering and no more being confused.  If he responds, cool.  If not, oh well.  What’s meant to be will be.  The universe is so much more powerful than my text screwing up any divine plan.  If he and I are meant to be in each other’s life, even if he doesn’t respond, the universe will put us in each other’s path (two readers said this would happen.  We’d run into each other).  If not, then I’m glad I put an end to this madness.  Much love! <3

To show how much of a skeptic I’ve become I look at this post and how many posts you’ve posted see that you’re pretty new and have to wonder if this reply is a set up and completely made up story to foreshadow that one of the advisors you mention were right and isn’t that fabulous that so and so was right? I’m sorry if this hurts your feelings as I don’t know you and it’s probably just my own skepticism but this is how much I believe that this industry is based in greed. That someone may just in fact go so far as to make up a fake account not to pretend to be the reader but to make up stories that then glorify a particular reader.

In the event this is not the case - wish you all the best and good for you for reaching out and setting your mind at ease.

I’m not entirely sure how my post can glorify any one specific reader, no matter which way my situation goes.  At this point, I’m truly beginning to think that they were all wrong about my situation OR my own freewill completely messed up the outcome.   Yes, I’m relatively new on the forum.  Lurkers who don’t contribute are frowned upon.  Yet, you react with premature skepticism when someone new attempts to share their experience.  If I were to have just “poof” appeared on this forum saying that so and so was 100% right and everyone needs to try her, well that’s another story.  It’s always good to be somewhat skeptical, but keep in mind that taking a swat at someone’s authenticity as a preemptive measure will surely result in others not wanting to share their experiences with various advisors. Isn’t that one of the main reasons why this forum exists?  To share our experiences and offer support?  Hell, it’s not like most of us can talk to our friends and family about this without them being all judgey.  So here we are :-)

Agreed Yaz. Everybody was new here at some point. Your whole post was pretty much pointing out how none of them were really right.

Offline Jili1945

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 03:32:42 AM »
I started calling to Psychics from the first week after our falling out. Now, over one year and a half passed, we've been out of contact during all this time. I got so many time frames that never came to pass. Still I keep calling, and don't really know when I will stop. But it seems that point should not be far off :(

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 03:44:35 AM »
I feel like this is happening a lot on here and making the forum turn toxic. One or two continually marking newcomers feel unwelcome and I’ve seen some very passive aggressive postings and threads.

Everyone is entitled to input.  We are all entitled to either take that input or ignore it

I for one love listening to new people’s views. Otherwise it becomes dogmatic and we all know
A forum that became like that.

Agree, even if they are a fake then ignore it and move on. Unless they’re going on every thread and promoting this new reader that nobody has heard of, there’s not need for skepticism.

Offline Jili1945

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 03:58:22 AM »
I started calling to Psychics from the first week after our falling out. Now, over one year and a half passed, we've been out of contact during all this time. I got so many time frames that never came to pass. Still I keep calling, and don't really know when I will stop. But it seems that point should not be far off :(

Im glad to know im not the only one holding out hope even after the 1 year mark. May i ask, why is it you find it hard to let this person go? Caz i struggle with wondering if im being crazy or whether its my intuition telling me to hold on and it will be worth the wait.

haha ... I don't really know Prof. I ask this question from myself everyday, and I get no answer.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2019, 04:00:15 AM »

Im glad to know im not the only one holding out hope even after the 1 year mark. May i ask, why is it you find it hard to let this person go? Caz i struggle with wondering if im being crazy or whether its my intuition telling me to hold on and it will be worth the wait.

This must be tough for the both of you! Wow the longest Ive waited was 4 months no contact - the longest in my life. I’m so curious - have any of you reached out to the POI within this time at all?
I ask because Ive seen it too often on this board where folks have waited this long only to find the POI is engaged or married to someone else. I’d just hate that all this time has passed and there is no contact or closure. I hope you both get what you want (or need) soon ♥️

Offline Jili1945

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2019, 04:15:30 AM »

This must be tough for the both of you! Wow the longest Ive waited was 4 months no contact - the longest in my life. I’m so curious - have any of you reached out to the POI within this time at all?
I ask because Ive seen it too often on this board where folks have waited this long only to find the POI is engaged or married to someone else. I’d just hate that all this time has passed and there is no contact or closure. I hope you both get what you want (or need) soon ♥️

Sparkle, I did, several times. And thank you for your kind wishes :)

Offline Jili1945

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2019, 04:27:07 AM »

haha ... I don't really know Prof. I ask this question from myself everyday, and I get no answer.

Well for me the answer is easy. Ive never been in love with anyone else! The connection is deep and the memories are one of a kind. On and off for 14 yrs but the feelings never died. Hoping they feel the same way. But the longer the silence is the more my hope wanes. My dream is that one day I get to start a new thread on this forum overjoyed to share the fact that my poi came back and lauding the psychics who got it right. What joy!

Prof! thanks for sharing your feelings, this is great! Hope you guys get back to each other very soon :)
And regarding making a new thread ... this is something that I always dream about :)

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2019, 04:35:58 AM »

Makes sense😊 hope it works out for you
I havent reached out this time caz ive always reached out in the past. This time, it has to go the other way for me to be convinced that what we share is mutual.

Sparkle, I did, several times. And thank you for your kind wishes :)

Offline flora0250

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 08:42:35 AM »

You are right - this is not something that I think most people can discuss with other people - and I wish I wasn’t so skeptical of every single poet I read. In fact I admit I’m even skeptical of posts from long time members too. I think it’s just because of my personal experience on the forum that I won’t go into but - a couple things really - that were too complicated to explain but left me basically feeling unable to trust 100 percent really anything anyone posts.

Now obviously no I don’t think every person is making something up to promote or the opposite - negatively influence a readers reputation. So I do benefit from reading the threads and trying to see overall opinions - it is meant to be a board to help everyone ...

Anyway I am sorry if it came across as a swat I didn’t intend it that way. Thanks for your post and offering your experiences. One just never knows and there is no way to know really who is genuine and who isn’t. Add on top of it the truth that one reader may connect really well with one person and not another... and it makes it so difficult to sift through what is valuable information or not.

Thanks for replying and wish you all the best - again didn’t mean it as so personal but I hope you understand where I’m coming from.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2019, 08:53:28 AM »

Agreed Yaz. Everybody was new here at some point. Your whole post was pretty much pointing out how none of them were really right.

Well to be fair I did say that I was suspicious of foreshadowing. Not sure if you know what that means but basically like a set up. I believe for sure it has been done by some on this board. Where someone literally makes up a story of a relationship and something not going right and then all of the sudden poof one of the readers is right! And none of it is actually true at all. I’ve been here a while and am almost completely sure that this has happened more than once.

So please understand I don’t mean my comment as unwelcoming or an attack although I know absolutely it came across that way and I am sorry for that. But there’s no way to voice this and get it out in the open without commenting on an example instance. So this was meant as an example of what could happen and what I think has happened in the past.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2019, 10:15:11 AM »
I have to say firsthand when I have been on this forum the amount of people who get defensive over readers (and it's the same readers) highly suspect. I don't feel comfortable saying the reader's names and don't want to start up a whole debate on it when the topic is supposed to be about how long too long is, but there are certain readers who get away with lots on here. There was one who was caught out for shady behaviour yet everyone really got defensive of them, I know I have posted about them negatively saying simply that their predictions didn't come to pass and had really defensive comments made. They are just a reader! Just because they work for you and have been so accurate, that doesn't mean that they can't do unsavoury behaviour or are shady behind the scenes too, and for others they may not connect so well. But we all have to remember that these people are business people and readers, and we all are entitled to our say and it will always vary. I find it strange and have noticed how some readers get pulled up for advertising on here like the Shaman Kiri topic had alot of drama around it, yet other readers because they are so good and busy they get defended like some kind of monarch and seem to get away with lots. We have to remember that we all are allowed our say and not to make others feel uncomfortable on here. They really are just readers and 9 times out of 10 (not always through the reader's fault), they don't get the big hits for people, yet the small minority on here are lucky. I definitely think that there are readers on here in more recent times or they have their friends planted on here checking every bit of newsfeed going on, unfortunately.

But aside from that and back on topic as a general comment, only you can decide how long is too long. If you have a feeling inside of you that your ex is going to return, then trust that and live your life and do the things you enjoy, go out with friends party or have fun. Don't sit moping around counting the hours as how long is a piece of string? It could be months or a couple of years before his return. I think you can decide to let go but have that "if he comes back in, then great I'm open for it, but I'm gonna live my life" mentality.

I think we have to be honest with ourselves too, though, and if we have a strong sensation that this situation is done for and there isn't much possibility, then we should ideally move on and accept that at the present he isn't in contact, there probably is someone else or certainly is and he isn't making moves to come forth to us. Someone (can't remember who) said it perfectly the other day, that a reader said to them "focus on what your POI is doing at this moment and how far along things are right now", I think we sometimes have to use logic in our situations on the "now" at least and our situations at the present. And men do often come back but most of the time it isn't for genuine reasons, sometimes in rare cases it is actually because he misses you and needed time to realise that or needed to get his head straight. My friend has had all of her exes come back and it was all sweet talk until they wanted sex or money or whatever and then they disappeared again. I'm not saying all men are like that, but rarely does a guy come back with good intentions. You only have to look at this board to see that most of the time we don't get the desired ending.

But the amount of time wasted on psychics, looking back where I didn't live my life and waited around for phone calls or typing in tbe digits fast to be put through to a reader, money and effort wasted with nothing out of it is time I could have been spending on myself and moving on.

I'd really say if you believe someone will return then have faith in it and it doesn't mean you can't live your live like they definitely are doing, and it's upto you how long you wait. But I know according to readers that some women have waited over 20 years for a guy and refuse to give up.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2019, 02:03:34 PM »
This is a great topic...I don't think there's a time limit for how long it takes to get over someone, and if you're still in love, then it makes sense that you will still keep getting readings.

For my first POI, it's been a year this month since we've spoken..and I still feel things for him.  I feel I'm stupid to think there is any kind of future though, but I can't just turn off what I felt for him for so long. 

We were involved for years, and he always came back after a few weeks, I think the longest we went was a bit over a month, but this time, he hasn't returned and I have had to face reality that its officially over, and that's the hardest part. 

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2019, 02:19:19 PM »
This is a great topic...I don't think there's a time limit for how long it takes to get over someone, and if you're still in love, then it makes sense that you will still keep getting readings.

For my first POI, it's been a year this month since we've spoken..and I still feel things for him.  I feel I'm stupid to think there is any kind of future though, but I can't just turn off what I felt for him for so long. 

We were involved for years, and he always came back after a few weeks, I think the longest we went was a bit over a month, but this time, he hasn't returned and I have had to face reality that its officially over, and that's the hardest part.

I'm in the same boat. It's a process for sure.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2019, 02:21:05 PM »

I'm in the same boat. It's a process for sure.

Sorry to hear :(  It sure is a process...I find myself wondering when I will be completely over him...some days it feels like I am, and others, not so much.  Part of me wants complete closure, like for him to say I've completely lost interest in you and I'm with someone else, and the other part of me doesn't want to know lol.  Either way, I would never reach out to him..just won't.

anything