Author Topic: How much time it too much time?  (Read 15358 times)

Offline Girly1998

How much time it too much time?
« on: August 04, 2019, 10:48:46 PM »
How long have you guys called about a specific person?
At what point do you decide to stop trusting that they will or even wanting them to come back?

Offline Cteebaby1

Re: How much time it too much time?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:58:19 PM »
Last year it took 3-4 months until anything happened. But it did happen and worked out in my favor

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 11:00:38 PM »
Last year it took 3-4 months until anything happened. But it did happen and worked out in my favor

3-4 out of contact or 3-4 months of just getting readings?

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 11:40:58 PM »
How long have you guys called about a specific person?
At what point do you decide to stop trusting that they will or even wanting them to come back?

Interesting question. I stopped asking about my POI specifically at about 4 months out of contact. The problem that I have is that he keeps coming up when I don't ask about him. Occasionally it does make me spiral, I'm not gonna lie.  I'm working through that. Limiting my readings has helped as well as getting out with friends and family.

Yaz88

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 12:07:05 AM »
For me, today was the breaking point.  It’s been 3 months since last point of contact.  All the readings started about 2 months ago.  Up until last Thursday, all the readers (except for Aerie Rivers) indicated that he’d make contact.  Aerie Rivers said I’d need to initiate contact.  Since the majority said he’d make contact, I waited.  Some of the  predicted timelines came and went.  Some other readers said it wouldn’t be until August 12, August 28, September, October, or beginning of November.  Last week, a monkey wrench got thrown into my waiting game when Matilda said I’d need to make contact.  I was thrown through a loop. Matilda said that this guy was worth the effort and he’d be open to communication. Of course, I then called Tara.  She also said I should make contact, and said he’d find hearing from me to be good news.  I waited a few days and then called Psychic Readings by Gail.  Now this is when I was seriously confused.  She said his back was to her, which meant I should not wait around for this guy (which is what happens when there’s no closure, whether you intend to wait around or not).  She said he wouldn’t be back around until February.  Well, today another part of Matilda’s reading seemed to have a mini hit.  So this gave me enough of a push to text  him.  No response yet.  Who knows whether he’ll respond or not.  I’m glad I texted him.  No more wondering and no more being confused.  If he responds, cool.  If not, oh well.  What’s meant to be will be.  The universe is so much more powerful than my text screwing up any divine plan.  If he and I are meant to be in each other’s life, even if he doesn’t respond, the universe will put us in each other’s path (two readers said this would happen.  We’d run into each other).  If not, then I’m glad I put an end to this madness.  Much love! <3

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 12:37:34 AM »
I think today was my breaking point. I had a reading this morning with someone I read with recently and it was pretty pointless. This is my fault, I feel it was too soon in between readings now that I think about it.

Listening to it again, the reading seemed phoned in, some of the predictions changed (not vastly but details and predicting situations that I know for a FACT would never happen) the overall tone of the reading was just...off. I think this reader is highly talented, and the first reading was great. This one wasn’t. It was regurgitated.

Also, this reader mentioned at least 4 things that I have felt/thought of in the past 24-48 hours. Which makes me wonder if the changes in the reading were also due to this person reading current energy or confusing energies. Literally things I had just thought about, or felt, were said. So it makes me wonder how much is them reading us and the lenses we view things through and our thoughts vs reading the other energies and the actual future.

Anyway, this has led me to just tell myself to stop. What will happen, will and however it’s supposed to.

I am going to have a final reading with Cookie, a broad general one because to be perfectly honest, Cookie has been the most accurate for me. Things she has seen, randomly saw have happened. I have had the experiences this summer so far that she described. She has been on point with so much.

But I’m tired and weary now. If this situation I’ve been waiting on while telling myself I wasn’t, lol, happens then it does. Right now, I just don’t have it in me to go through and think, “Well Cookie said this and Yona mentioned that and...”

🤷🏻‍♀️

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 12:55:30 AM »
I think today was my breaking point. I had a reading this morning with someone I read with recently and it was pretty pointless. This is my fault, I feel it was too soon in between readings now that I think about it.

Listening to it again, the reading seemed phoned in, some of the predictions changed (not vastly but details and predicting situations that I know for a FACT would never happen) the overall tone of the reading was just...off. I think this reader is highly talented, and the first reading was great. This one wasn’t. It was regurgitated.

Also, this reader mentioned at least 4 things that I have felt/thought of in the past 24-48 hours. Which makes me wonder if the changes in the reading were also due to this person reading current energy or confusing energies. Literally things I had just thought about, or felt, were said. So it makes me wonder how much is them reading us and the lenses we view things through and our thoughts vs reading the other energies and the actual future.

Anyway, this has led me to just tell myself to stop. What will happen, will and however it’s supposed to.

I am going to have a final reading with Cookie, a broad general one because to be perfectly honest, Cookie has been the most accurate for me. Things she has seen, randomly saw have happened. I have had the experiences this summer so far that she described. She has been on point with so much.

But I’m tired and weary now. If this situation I’ve been waiting on while telling myself I wasn’t, lol, happens then it does. Right now, I just don’t have it in me to go through and think, “Well Cookie said this and Yona mentioned that and...”

🤷🏻‍♀️

I feel this. Even if the reading is positive I just leave it feeling emotionally drained and worse than I felt before. We’ve been out of contact for 3 months but I haven’t even made any effort on my end. These psychics just leave me feeling discouraged with the “he’s missing you but you won’t get a response back. He still has his guard up, let him come to you.”  Even going as far as saying I’m blocked (can’t confirm or deny.)

At this point I feel like just laying out the message to him, getting everything of my chest and stop listening to these people who put me back into the same negative mind space when I think I’m getting better.

He’s the first person I’ve ever gotten a reading on. I honestly don’t even remember how I stumbled upon them but I definitely wish I never did.
Sorry for the rant, today just sucks.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:58:49 AM by Girly1998 »

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 12:57:55 AM »

🤷🏻‍♀️

It's exhausting, I know. I'm taking a break too. I have my annual Kisha general email (which always works for me), then a sabbatical. I've got too much other stuff that needs my attention.

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 01:06:46 AM »
My situation is a little different. Over the years, I have always been the one sucking up and reaching out. So even though I feel to reach out many times, I cant because I need to know if this person could ever care enough to chase after me for a change. My first and only reading with Yona is coming up this month (waiting a month per reading is too much for me), and it is my intent to pack it in after reading with her. Im very prepared. I even bought myself a $9 voice recorder off amazon for my 1 hour read. This person is the sole reason I got into psychic readings searching for hope that this person will come back. My soul really is tired and hurting and I look forward to a day when I wake up and this person no longer dominates my thoughts.

1 year and 3 months without anything? Is this the longest you’ve been out of contact?

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 01:09:32 AM »

🤷🏻‍♀️

It's exhausting, I know. I'm taking a break too. I have my annual Kisha general email (which always works for me), then a sabbatical. I've got too much other stuff that needs my attention.

Fidget, Girly, I’m in the same boat with y’all. Exhausted.

We can rant about it, lol, I think at this point ranting and sabbaticals and just laying things out on the table are the healthiest things we can probably do.

I have had a raging on and off migraine for days, my feelings go from zero to 60 within hours, I’m not sleeping (shout out to Cookie), and even things that should be easier to see (work situations) I’m getting conflicting answers about.

Time to get off the merry go round. When I was first on, 10 years ago, I called about someone for a year and a half. Didn’t hear from him at all, everyone telling me he’d reach out. While I was calling he was getting engaged. A year and a half (and more cause it took a long time to get over) of my young life wasted. Only to do the same thing another year later with a different guy. I’m not letting this one take years if my life.  If I’m quite honest, the situation I was in was not ideal at all and it doesn’t matter. There’s no going back. (Sorry, Yona).

Like I said, Cookie so far has been the most accurate. It probably also helps that it takes a long while to contact her again. Maybe Yona is right but it’s too soon to tell and she could be speaking about someone I haven’t even met yet. 🙄

But yeah, Cookie. I know she’s not everyone’s cup of tea but for me she’s been working, she’s not selling me a dream, she’s actually quite realistic with me and helpful, and yeah...

Again, tired.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 01:13:41 AM by SomethingBetter »

Offline flora0250

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 01:16:36 AM »
Everyone’s situation is so different. There is no one answer to this question. I just tried to explain my own situation and it’s impossible. No one knows your journey and why you do what you do but you. And no one should stand in judgement or comparison about how long is too long for someone else.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 01:20:49 AM »
For me, today was the breaking point.  It’s been 3 months since last point of contact.  All the readings started about 2 months ago.  Up until last Thursday, all the readers (except for Aerie Rivers) indicated that he’d make contact.  Aerie Rivers said I’d need to initiate contact.  Since the majority said he’d make contact, I waited.  Some of the  predicted timelines came and went.  Some other readers said it wouldn’t be until August 12, August 28, September, October, or beginning of November.  Last week, a monkey wrench got thrown into my waiting game when Matilda said I’d need to make contact.  I was thrown through a loop. Matilda said that this guy was worth the effort and he’d be open to communication. Of course, I then called Tara.  She also said I should make contact, and said he’d find hearing from me to be good news.  I waited a few days and then called Psychic Readings by Gail.  Now this is when I was seriously confused.  She said his back was to her, which meant I should not wait around for this guy (which is what happens when there’s no closure, whether you intend to wait around or not).  She said he wouldn’t be back around until February.  Well, today another part of Matilda’s reading seemed to have a mini hit.  So this gave me enough of a push to text  him.  No response yet.  Who knows whether he’ll respond or not.  I’m glad I texted him.  No more wondering and no more being confused.  If he responds, cool.  If not, oh well.  What’s meant to be will be.  The universe is so much more powerful than my text screwing up any divine plan.  If he and I are meant to be in each other’s life, even if he doesn’t respond, the universe will put us in each other’s path (two readers said this would happen.  We’d run into each other).  If not, then I’m glad I put an end to this madness.  Much love! <3

To show how much of a skeptic I’ve become I look at this post and how many posts you’ve posted see that you’re pretty new and have to wonder if this reply is a set up and completely made up story to foreshadow that one of the advisors you mention were right and isn’t that fabulous that so and so was right? I’m sorry if this hurts your feelings as I don’t know you and it’s probably just my own skepticism but this is how much I believe that this industry is based in greed. That someone may just in fact go so far as to make up a fake account not to pretend to be the reader but to make up stories that then glorify a particular reader.

In the event this is not the case - wish you all the best and good for you for reaching out and setting your mind at ease.

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 01:21:10 AM »

🤷🏻‍♀️

We can rant about it, lol, I think at this point ranting and sabbaticals and just laying things out on the table are the healthiest things we can probably do.

I have had a raging on and off migraine for days, my feelings go from zero to 60 within hours, I’m not sleeping (shout out to Cookie), and even things that should be easier to see (work situations) I’m getting conflicting answers about.

Time to get off the merry go round. If I’m quite honest, the situation I was in was not ideal at all and it doesn’t matter. There’s no going back. (Sorry, Yona).

Like I said, Cookie so far has been the most accurate. It probably also helps that it takes a long while to contact her again. Maybe Yona is right but it’s too soon to tell and she could be speaking about someone I haven’t even met yet. 🙄

But yeah, Cookie. I know she’s not everyone’s cup of tea but for me she’s been working, she’s not selling me a dream, she’s actually quite realistic with me and helpful, and yeah...

Again, tired.

I’m not quite sold on Yona for that reason, most things do happen with other people and isn’t as big as it seems. I honestly think getting opinions from people on here helps more than getting readings. We’re all in the same boat here and nobody is gonna shove a fairytale down your throat.

Everything happened so fast with my guy, it was really unexpected and most of it is definitely my fault. I think that’s why this one is so different than other separations I’ve been through. “Love made me crazy” is definitely and accurate description of what went down. So many outside influences too, unfortunately.

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 01:24:31 AM »
Everyone’s situation is so different. There is no one answer to this question. I just tried to explain my own situation and it’s impossible. No one knows your journey and why you do what you do but you. And no one should stand in judgement or comparison about how long is too long for someone else.

Absolutely, no judgement whether you stop after a month or it takes 5 years. I think we all know how it is when you’re in a situation where you just need someone else to tell you it’ll be okay.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 01:34:07 AM »

🤷🏻‍♀️

Time to get off the merry go round. If I’m quite honest, the situation I was in was not ideal at all and it doesn’t matter. There’s no going back. (Sorry, Yona).

Again, tired.

I’m not quite sold on Yona for that reason, most things do happen with other people and isn’t as big as it seems. I honestly think getting opinions from people on here helps more than getting readings. We’re all in the same boat here and nobody is gonna shove a fairytale down your throat.

Everything happened so fast with my guy, it was really unexpected and most of it is definitely my fault. I think that’s why this one is so different than other separations I’ve been through. “Love made me crazy” is definitely and accurate description of what went down. So many outside influences too, unfortunately.

I totally understand the “love made me crazy” part. It’s one of the reasons I think one situation in my life is over and done with, because I see no turning back or trust after this.

I agree about Yona. I like her. A lot. But I’ve only had a couple of tiny predictions pass, I barely had any in my reading compared to others I know. And I am very convinced that whatever she saw is in the future with someone else. Which is sad, because if that’s true that means I’m going to go through another cycle of crap with a different person.

I’ve made a few friends on this board and it’s honestly better when I chit chat with them and talk out what I’m thinking and feeling vs a reading.