Author Topic: GoodTV Shows  (Read 7233 times)

Offline HornetKick

GoodTV Shows
« on: August 01, 2019, 04:36:00 AM »
Is anyone watching Pennyworth? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8425532
I just watched the pilot and it's a Batman Story. It's crazy good!

Offline HornetKick

Re: GoodTV Shows
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 08:28:48 PM »
Okay, I binge watched The Boys and it was terrific, but then I started hearing a lot about Fleabag (both of these are Amazon Prime Originals) and Fleabag, is damn terrific....just the shit, really. Seriously people.

So over the top fabulous!

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »
I loved Fleabag! From the twist ending in Season 1 to the sexy priest in Season 2... what a show!

I've been watching Trailer Park Boys. I know I'm super late to the series, but the benefit is my husband and I can sit and watch 4 episodes in a row!

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 07:32:12 PM »
I loved Fleabag! From the twist ending in Season 1 to the sexy priest in Season 2... what a show!

I've been watching Trailer Park Boys. I know I'm super late to the series, but the benefit is my husband and I can sit and watch 4 episodes in a row!
OMG, I want a priest sooooooooo bad right now I can't even tell you. And I'm willing to kneel.
I haven't heard anything about TPB, sorry to say.

ladya

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 09:01:18 PM »
I just started the Sinner season 2...

Fleabag is super funny! I need to finish season 1...excited theres a twist! Is her bff still alive?? You can on me to avoid spoilers 😂

Season 1 was much better than season 2 of sinner

ladya

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 10:53:21 PM »
Euphoria on hbo is really good but a bit intense at times but the cinematography is brilliant. Zendaya makes the show. Her acting is soooo good.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:58:16 PM by ladya »

Lovefash67

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 02:01:17 AM »
You, my first love, and stranger things on Netflix

Offline Calleronhiatus

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 04:16:24 AM »
The Four Weddings and a funeral series on Hulu is really good.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 03:53:27 PM »
Someone mentioned Euphoria to me today, so I'll have to check that out and I downloaded the first epi of The Sinner, just to see if I want to go further because after some time, I sort of lose interest espeically if the series isn't hopping along. The Handmaid's Tale is an example of that. I believe I've watched the second epi of season 3, which means I'm behind because I don't have any urges to keep watching it after it hits its ridiculous mode. The same happened with The Walking Dead, I'm ridiculously behind on that show because it has lasted a million years. Does anyone know how the son lost his eyeball? I missed that epi. I've only seen about the first four or five epi's of Fear the Walking Dead.

I binged all of Big, Little Lies and enjoyed that series and currently, plans are up in the air about another season (Kidman and Witherspoon are ep's), and loved Laura Dern. If you've never seen Enlightened (it's now streaming on Amazon Prime), for which LD won an academy award was just brilliant, imo. It only lasted two seasons though. I was disappointed about its cancellation...but what can you do?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 04:38:30 PM by HornetKick »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 09:23:17 PM »
Yep back from my weekend binge. On Amazon Prime, I watched Carnival Row (C.R.) with Orlando Bloom (he is also an ep) and although he isn’t one of my favorite actors, the show was pretty good (CGI, plot, story, characters, etc.) First up there were many visible GoT actors. Loved seeing that. Jared Harris from Chernobyl was there (love him), but if you haven’t seen that show, it’s fabulous too!! I won’t say more than that, because there is quite a bit of twists, turns, and some unexpected (shyte) in C.R. So Enjoy!

Yaz88

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 09:51:52 PM »
Right now, I’m watching Unbelievable on Netflix.  It’s not the best, but it’s compelling.

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 10:06:50 PM »
Right now, I’m watching Unbelievable on Netflix.  It’s not the best, but it’s compelling.

I was debating giving that a shot.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 01:50:46 AM »
Oh and Succession is the bomb!!

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 02:44:20 AM »
I just finished Chernobyl...wow it was amazing and heartbreaking.

Did you ever see Chernobyl Heart? It's an actual documentary on the illnesses caused by the radiation. You can see the full length movie on YouTube.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2019, 07:46:02 PM »
I just finished Chernobyl...wow it was amazing and heartbreaking.

Did you ever see Chernobyl Heart? It's an actual documentary on the illnesses caused by the radiation. You can see the full length movie on YouTube.
Thanks for that. I'll definitely watch it. Yeah, so many people got sick and there was just so many lies. The sickness was just devastating, the pain appeared unbearable. I hated knowing about the slaughter of the animals. I never knew that part. That was tough.