Author Topic: I have a new boyfriend...nobody really predicted this  (Read 2076 times)

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
I have a new boyfriend...nobody really predicted this
« on: August 24, 2019, 10:32:49 PM »
I debated whether or not to put this in the My Story section or The Vent. I suppose it fits in both.

A veteran friend told me just to get back on my dating apps and find someone to talk to until I feel better. One of the first guys I meet, we have a past connection, we like almost all the same things, he is kind, sweet, considerate, wants to bring me around all his friends and family, wants to make me happy and be there for me, etc. Our first few dates were about 8 hours each so we spent almost an entire weekend hanging out.

Who saw this? Nobody really.

I will make a list:

Kira- has been good for me and really right on regarding the ex. I mean things down to the day almost happening. I read with her days before meeting this guy, like a last hurrah. She likes specific questions and maybe that’s where the issue came in, but we just talked about the ex. She saw, if I let go, new love in the winter.

Kisha- Has never gotten a new person prediction right for me except my ex. And that was after years of not talking to her.

Anne- totally good for a week or two, but after going some days without talking to her, she said in June I’d meet someone in August. I asked about it mid July and she said September. So since we are August/Sept I will count it.

The reader who shall not be named- told me I’d have a surprise on a certain set of days at a certain time of the month. I disregarded it. Honestly I’m at the point where I’m over these predictions that don’t happen or happen differently. So when that weekend came and passed I wasn’t disappointed. She described it as a nice “surprise.” Well lo and behold I met and hung out with him those same set of days a week later. Since it was a vague prediction I can’t say for sure but I want to give points.

Now onto my favorites:

Yona is complicated and I will be doing a post just on her soon. But she never really saw anything in my life but my ex. And I knew it to be him by her descriptions of him which is totally opposite of the new guy. She said the chemistry wouldn’t be there with anyone like it is with him. So far it’s not. But maybe chemistry got me into the sad situation I was in to begin with.

Cookie has maintained that my ex will come back to be friends (Cookie talk) and if I play my cards right I can get more but he will never make me happy. Her only real reference to other men were A) if I let ex go I will meet a man who can give me everything I need, but might not be this year. And B) my ex will come back once I move on and take my focus off of him. He will sense my missing energy 🙄.  That other reader predicted the same. I believe we are all energy and we can sense a magnetic pull towards people but I hate that it is used so much. Cookie has also been right about other things like my health, me getting male attention, etc.

So if I look back, honestly, no one really got my current situation. Maybe it’s a blip on the radar and won’t last long. Maybe I’ll update here in a week or a month that I got bored and walked. I honestly can’t say if the ex wanted to see me I wouldn’t make myself available. Who knows. I do find it annoying though that no one saw a new energy.

I honestly don’t even think about my ex coming back anymore. I feel too much has happened and we are both too prideful to reach out. Would I see him if he asked? In a heartbeat. But whenever the thought pops in my head and I think about the simplest answer being the most logical...it’s done.

I will say, that it feels good to live more, have someone be interested in me, treat me well and make me a priority.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 10:42:37 PM by SomethingBetter »

Yaz88

Re: I have a new boyfriend...nobody really predicted this
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 11:30:50 PM »
SomethingBetter, I’m happy for you!  It’ll be interesting how it plays out.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 12:36:28 AM »
Congrats!
Don’t forget I mentioned it too! But I don’t think you weren’t ready at that time lol

Offline alphabetsoup

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 04:07:48 AM »
Congratulations! It will be interesting to see if the ex comes back now.  Interesting that no one picked this up, honestly I'm not surprised.  I think this is why I can't get excited about readings anymore, overall they are just  not very helpful.

Offline KotaSwan

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 05:04:45 AM »
that's a great news. So happy for you and I am glad you moved on <3

Offline montauk

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 06:08:23 PM »
I was in the same boat as you! congrats on finding your joy!

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 10:54:54 PM »
Thanks everyone for your well wishes, and yes, Sparkle you did tell me this. Lol

Idk. I like this new guy and I don’t feel like it’s going super fast simply because we have a lot in common and we grew up in the same areas/went to the same school. We just didn’t know each other.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a pleasant surprise, I’m just a little (ok a lot) bothered by this. I’m shocked Cookie didn’t see this. Maybe I will try in a month or so to connect with her and see what she licks up now.

I will be writing a longer, more detailed post on Yona in her thread tonight or tomorrow. Her reading really boggles my mind now.

Anyway, I just don’t want to inadvertently hurt someone because I’m trying to move on. Usually I hold on to people for years. So the fact that I’m even willing to talk to another man so soon after the last ex is progress I guess. I deserve to be happy and I deserve the opportunity to move on. I just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing.

Torn, I suppose, is the best way to put it.

ladya

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 12:12:54 AM »
Thanks everyone for your well wishes, and yes, Sparkle you did tell me this. Lol

Idk. I like this new guy and I don’t feel like it’s going super fast simply because we have a lot in common and we grew up in the same areas/went to the same school. We just didn’t know each other.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a pleasant surprise, I’m just a little (ok a lot) bothered by this. I’m shocked Cookie didn’t see this. Maybe I will try in a month or so to connect with her and see what she licks up now.

I will be writing a longer, more detailed post on Yona in her thread tonight or tomorrow. Her reading really boggles my mind now.

Anyway, I just don’t want to inadvertently hurt someone because I’m trying to move on. Usually I hold on to people for years. So the fact that I’m even willing to talk to another man so soon after the last ex is progress I guess. I deserve to be happy and I deserve the opportunity to move on. I just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing.

Torn, I suppose, is the best way to put it.

good for you SB! always do what's best for you but never settle either. have fun in the meantime. you never know what will be further down the line.

Offline happyk

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 05:11:39 PM »
SB, a lot has happened in my life recently and nobody saw any of those things, not Yona, not Kisha, not Mattie, Cookie no one but they did happen. So take the good thing you have. I'm very happy for you 🙂

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 09:35:17 PM »
SB so happy to hear such wonderful news.  Sometimes the best surprises are the good ones you don't see coming.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 01:17:17 AM »
Thanks guys!

I’m feeling ok about this. My guy is great. I’m only afraid of hurting him. It’s been about 3 months since I last talked to my ex. I do not care about his feelings as he obviously didn’t care about mine. So while initially I felt guilty about dating again. I stopped pretty quickly as he didn’t care enough about me to make his intentions known.

And when I think back to him, when I think of how new guy makes me feel safe and secure and I don’t need a reading to tell me how he feels? I feel great.

Whatever is meant to happen will. As my favorite saying in Jurassic Park goes, “life always finds a way.” Lol

Cookie, Yona, Kisha...you’re all great, but I won’t be a slave to watching or checking the calendar again.