Author Topic: Is being a psychic hard mental work or do they just run out of info?  (Read 1443 times)

Offline alphabetsoup

I have wondered this for a while.  Maybe a psychic can chime in and answer.  I know everyone's different but I'm sure others have wondered this too, so I'm going to ask.

I have noticed a pattern, even with the best psychics.  Your first call is great, there are so many hits, and the information is flowing. The next call is meh, and you might even be looping back around what you discussed last time.  Sometimes if you keep reading with a psychic you feel like they just aren't as good as they were in the beginning. Let me also say that I don't read with the same psychic often I try to give it some space in between, I think 3-4 weeks is reasonable.

What do you think it is? My current theory is that they only get so much "psychic impression" then they fill the rest in with assumption fillers.  I have heard others say, "maybe they were lazy" this would lead one to believe that psychic work is hard work that needs a ton of mental focus, could be.  However, anytime I've gotten my own psychic information it comes to me no matter what I'm doing it breaks through my current thoughts with ease,  and it's so sparkly I just can't see it for regular information, it somehow feels different.
Have you experienced this in your readings? What do you think is causing it?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:19:39 PM by alphabetsoup »

Offline Ninacy

Re: Is being a psychic hard mental work or do they just run out of info?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 01:17:45 PM »
I have wondered this for a while.  Maybe a psychic can chime in and answer.  I know everyone's different but I'm sure others have wondered this too, so I'm going to ask.

I have noticed a pattern, even with the best psychics.  Your first call is great, there are so many hits, and the information is flowing. The next call is meh, and you might even be looping back around what you discussed last time.  Sometimes if you keep reading with a psychic you feel like they just aren't as good as they were in the beginning. Let me also say that I don't read with the same psychic often I try to give it some space in between, I think 3-4 weeks is reasonable.

What do you think it is? My current theory is that they only get so much "psychic impression" then they fill the rest in with assumption fillers.  I have heard others say, "maybe they were lazy" this would lead one to believe that psychic work is hard work that needs a ton of mental focus, could be.  However, anytime I've gotten my own psychic information it comes to me no matter what I'm doing it breaks through my current thoughts with ease,  and it's so sparkly I just can't see it for regular information, it somehow feels different.
Have you experienced this in your readings? What do you think is causing it?

This is also something that has been bothering me a lot as I'm on both sides of the spectrum and is very very confusing but I have my own theories and experiences on why this happens and I'm going to explain why. Like most of us, most (in my case nearly all with a couple of exceptions) of the readers who were really accurate the first time, were not so accurate the second time. My own cards and readings have been consistently accurate in certain cases and no matter how many times I asked or how I was during the time, I kept getting the same or similar cards and outcomes.

Now, when you ask the same reader, the same thing or even a totally different thing over a short period of time and the accuracy is "meh" at best, it happens because of two reasons:
1. This reader, and especially if she/he is a popular reader that delivers hundreds of readings per month has simply mixed up the energy with someone they had read just before you and they asked a similar question. The psychic was clueless at that time but they were involuntarily picking up energies from the previous reading with another client and forgot or didn't know how to properly cleanse the energies. By cleansing, I mean smudging tools and cards before and after each reading or meditating and grounding their thoughts and energy before they start another reading. Some psychics are aware of these cleansing methods in-between readings but they do not choose to follow them all the time because they eat up time and resources. Personally, I am an amateur reader that does less than 30 readings per month and I smudge my cards and meditate as often as I can but I can see why a professional and popular psychic with hundreds of clients per month would not have plenty of time to do such thing.

2. Similar to the first one, due to the high amount of readings they perform in a short period of time, they literally burn out and their psychic senses are not strong enough some days. Even a plain 3-card tarot reading takes plenty of energy to perform, and so imagine how much energy more extensive and combo readings will need. Most people ask multiple questions on the same subject and so energy waste is even higher. But, because they don't want to lose any repeat clients like you and me, they take over readings that they really can't deliver at their best of their abilities. Personally, I would really appreciate if the reader would say something" I can't perform the reading right now since I'm drained and burned out or  sic, if you can wait X days or weeks, I will deliver"  I would gladly wait for more to be given an accurate reading instead of a reading that looks and feels rushed and inaccurate. But most readers don't do this in fear of losing their clients and business.

And the irony is that we are led to believe that reading ourselves isn't the best thing to do because there is always a chance of wrong interpretation because of our emotional attachments to the outcome. This will happen at first if you are inexperienced but if something is truly set and meant to happen, you will pull out the same cards or feel the same things no matter how many times you ask or what your current mental state is. There won't be energy interference from others simply because you won't be reading and messing up with the energies of other people that much.

Personally this is what has prevented me from becoming a professional reader that delivers readings en-mass. If I ever become one, I will place a limit to the readings that I handle per month and will advise people not to contact me about the same thing all the time, until a significant time e.g a month has passed.

Ethical readers will not encourage psychic addiction and will prefer to lose money instead of giving you a rushed reading just to please you, who surprise-surprise isn't that accurate as it was the first time.

Offline alphabetsoup

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 02:18:09 PM »
Thanks Ninacy,

It's nice to hear a readers perspective.  I have noticed that the cards that I pull for myself often show up in the reads I get on the phone.  So that makes sense. It just blows me away the way some readers can make a card seem positive when I see it as negative, but I'm not really a card reader. I pull a card then I go look up the defination online, which is not psychic at all.  ;D

Offline Candy

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 01:32:23 AM »
I used to get multiple readings from the same readers. Spread out obviously, not every day. But I did notice that the first reading is always the most accurate. I haven't had much luck with predictions, but I did find that the predictions that were made that came to pass were the ones made in the first reading or two with each reader. For what it's worth, it seems like my situation seems to be moving slower than I'd like, so maybe thats why there is not much new info for the psychics to pick up on between each reading.

I agree with this. The first reading — the first impression of the situation — is always the most accurate. Then in subsequent readings, especially if the psychic remembers you and/or the situation, she fills in too much of the gaps, I feel. And sometimes there’s no new info and the reader projects using old materials, causing the reading to depart farther than the truth.

I actually found this to be the case with Emma Jane. Her first read of the situation is usually really good. But if you read with her multiple times about the same situation, she gets less and less accurate and the random dates and info make no sense. She fills in lots of gaps after the initial reading.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 01:35:27 AM »
I used to get multiple readings from the same readers. Spread out obviously, not every day. But I did notice that the first reading is always the most accurate. I haven't had much luck with predictions, but I did find that the predictions that were made that came to pass were the ones made in the first reading or two with each reader. For what it's worth, it seems like my situation seems to be moving slower than I'd like, so maybe thats why there is not much new info for the psychics to pick up on between each reading.

I agree with this. The first reading — the first impression of the situation — is always the most accurate. Then in subsequent readings, especially if the psychic remembers you and/or the situation, she fills in too much of the gaps, I feel. And sometimes there’s no new info and the reader projects using old materials, causing the reading to depart farther than the truth.

I actually found this to be the case with Emma Jane. Her first read of the situation is usually really good. But if you read with her multiple times about the same situation, she gets less and less accurate and the random dates and info make no sense. She fills in lots of gaps after the initial reading.

I think alot of it is because they begin to know you and your situation, so it turns into more advice or chit chat than a proper reading and also many readers are afraid to go against what they said and say "I know I saw positives outcome for you and POI but it has changed in this reading I'm afraid".

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 01:40:10 AM »

I think alot of it is because they begin to know you and your situation, so it turns into more advice or chit chat than a proper reading and also many readers are afraid to go against what they said and say "I know I saw positives outcome for you and POI but it has changed in this reading I'm afraid".

^^This!^^

anything