Author Topic: Were you able to salvage/rekindle after a bad breakup?  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Fidget1028

Re: Were you able to salvage/rekindle after a bad breakup?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 05:50:05 PM »
I've never had a ex return to me, ever. I feel like usually there's too much water under the bridge with an ex for things to ever be rekindled or move on like nothing's happened.

For example I was told that with my recent POI he will return, but I can't talk to him like nothing's happened after how he treated me and how long he has been out of contact. Things would need to be said and he wouldn't like this and after all the hurt and upset I could never forgive him.

It depends on how the relationship was like, ended, how bad things were and if the guy is fair and square. If he is narcy, then there's no hope of you being able to move on healthily as he will never see his faults and accept them. It depends if the guy is healthy or toxic, there's many factors involved... But like, 1% on this board get back with their exes and it's happily every after and smooth sailing.

I feel like a lot of them come back in some way though. They just don’t work out for whatever reason. I have 3 exes and 2 have came back. I only gave one a 2nd chance and it was worse than the first time but we also didn’t work out what happened the 1st time, we just jumped in a thought time fixed everything. The 2nd one I would never go back but I never loved him either. My 3rd ex was very recent and I have a feeling it’s not 100% over but I also know it would have to be me approaching him. Our breakup was terrible and I was the one who made it that way.

I guess it the way the returning ex approaches it?

I agree. All of my exes have come back. Some it was 10 years later. They all reappeared, but either I moved on or nothing changed so it never lead to any reconciliation.

Offline Snow-white8

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 06:28:15 PM »
Yes- I was able to rekindle my relationship after we broke up for a month and a half. I had psychics tell me it was not going to work out long term, we are now engaged. But I think the key is and this is a no brainer, both parties must be willing and wanting to work at making the relationship work. If the desire is not there, there will be lack of communication and effort, and unfortunately things will not be resolved of why the breakup happened in the first place and you will find yourself in a vicious cycle. I read somewhere the sign of a relationship that is over is the lack of respect for the other person. So be honest with yourself, do you really want someone who you lost respect for or doesn’t respect you?

After I took a break from my relationship, I realized I had a lot of healing to do. I let go of the thought of us getting back together and focused on my life as a whole. I let go of pride and fear and approached him with only love and gratitude for the moment we shared together. I knew whatever the outcome was, I had accepted and let go. It was then that I was able to let in a new beginning with him and we both built up the relationship stronger than it was ever before but we both WORKED for it and continue to do so. I hope this can help someone. I’m not writing this to gloat but we turn to psychics to help guide us, to avoid disaster or to get some reassurance someone will be back. I believe each of us have the power to choose how we control our lives, choose yourself over everything else.

Thank you so much for posting this and sharing Silverlightnmoom <3 Love love love this! Congratulations on the engagement <3  I resonate with this so much, and can relate.    We only have control over ourselves, and we truly have to do the work to get ourselves in a good place, through healing, and focused on making our lives fulfilling, and growing, etc. so that we can show up in our relationships in a loving way.    I did the same as you, accepted, let go, let go of pride and fear, and a new beginning came in where I am super grateful now for the connection.  It took a lot longer than a month or two for me, but the process was very similar.  I think your post will help others!

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 06:38:40 PM »
Yes- I was able to rekindle my relationship after we broke up for a month and a half. I had psychics tell me it was not going to work out long term, we are now engaged. But I think the key is and this is a no brainer, both parties must be willing and wanting to work at making the relationship work. If the desire is not there, there will be lack of communication and effort, and unfortunately things will not be resolved of why the breakup happened in the first place and you will find yourself in a vicious cycle. I read somewhere the sign of a relationship that is over is the lack of respect for the other person. So be honest with yourself, do you really want someone who you lost respect for or doesn’t respect you?

After I took a break from my relationship, I realized I had a lot of healing to do. I let go of the thought of us getting back together and focused on my life as a whole. I let go of pride and fear and approached him with only love and gratitude for the moment we shared together. I knew whatever the outcome was, I had accepted and let go. It was then that I was able to let in a new beginning with him and we both built up the relationship stronger than it was ever before but we both WORKED for it and continue to do so. I hope this can help someone. I’m not writing this to gloat but we turn to psychics to help guide us, to avoid disaster or to get some reassurance someone will be back. I believe each of us have the power to choose how we control our lives, choose yourself over everything else.

I love this, it really is possible if you both are open and honest.
You said you reached out to him, were you the one who ended the relationship?

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 07:52:01 PM »
Thank you snow-white and girly!

I was the one who ended the relationship not because of anything he did. I had DEEP rooted trust issues that went back to childhood. I was single for 5 years before i met him and when things started to become serious, i started to become fearful of getting close to someone. It became a self fulfilling prophecy and i ended the relationship. Therapy helped a lot to overcome fear based reactions. I did reach out to him first pre-maturely, he was still hurt and let me tell you this man did NOT respond well. Instead of reacting negatively to his negativity. I let it go and didn’t respond. A few weeks later, he reached out to me and I took responsibility for my actions. I made myself vulnerable to him, while maintaining my strength through the act of accepting and letting go.

One thing I strongly encourage women to do is to really understand what their “walk away” scenarios are - then you communicate that to your significant other. So they know where your boundaries are. That means if your significant other continues to cheats on you, after they know that’s grounds for you to walk away, then they try to make it seem they putting in time and effort to make it “work,” I would be hella cautious.

My most reason ex was single for 6 years and when I think that had a lot to do with our breakup. He told me he “just wanted to do his own thing” and that he wanted to think about it and I pushed to much, resulting in so so many problems. When I tell people that I think him being single for so long is probably a factor, I’m told I’m making excuses for him and that you don’t have to learn how to be in a relationship. I’m glad to see from your perspective that it is a reality.

ladya

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 09:13:13 PM »

I was the one who ended the relationship not because of anything he did. I had DEEP rooted trust issues that went back to childhood. I was single for 5 years before i met him and when things started to become serious, i started to become fearful of getting close to someone. It became a self fulfilling prophecy and i ended the relationship. Therapy helped a lot to overcome fear based reactions. I did reach out to him first pre-maturely, he was still hurt and let me tell you this man did NOT respond well. Instead of reacting negatively to his negativity. I let it go and didn’t respond. A few weeks later, he reached out to me and I took responsibility for my actions. I made myself vulnerable to him, while maintaining my strength through the act of accepting and letting go.

One thing I strongly encourage women to do is to really understand what their “walk away” scenarios are - then you communicate that to your significant other. So they know where your boundaries are. That means if your significant other continues to cheats on you, after they know that’s grounds for you to walk away, then they try to make it seem they putting in time and effort to make it “work,” I would be hella cautious.

My most reason ex was single for 6 years and when I think that had a lot to do with our breakup. He told me he “just wanted to do his own thing” and that he wanted to think about it and I pushed to much, resulting in so so many problems. When I tell people that I think him being single for so long is probably a factor, I’m told I’m making excuses for him and that you don’t have to learn how to be in a relationship. I’m glad to see from your perspective that it is a reality.

I think not everyone knows how to be or act in a relationship. It’s like with anything and you learn with experience. Some people are naturally better at it than others and can make any relationship work but not everyone is like that. That’s bs that you don’t have to learn how to be in a relationship. Sure you do then why is the divorce rate so high ? I think being alone after a while it becomes addicting and almost like a comfort zone where you don’t know how to be any other way and may take a while to get out of that habit. A person who’s never been social and never had friends , will he know how to act around people. Maybe, maybe not. The more you interact with people, the more you understand how they work.

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 09:45:55 PM »

I think not everyone knows how to be or act in a relationship. It’s like with anything and you learn with experience. Some people are naturally better at it than others and can make any relationship work but not everyone is like that. That’s bs that you don’t have to learn how to be in a relationship. Sure you do then why is the divorce rate so high ? I think being alone after a while it becomes addicting and almost like a comfort zone where you don’t know how to be any other way and may take a while to get out of that habit. A person who’s never been social and never had friends , will he know how to act around people. Maybe, maybe not. The more you interact with people, the more you understand how they work.

I absolutely agree! You definitely need to learn how to be in a relationship if you want one, especially after being single for some time. It doesn’t matter if you guys are “soulmates, twin flames” or what have you. Relationships take work and learning, understanding, and accepting the other person. I think serial daters who go from one serious relationship to the next with very little time in between can be the exception, but I believe they are just picking up the new relationship where the last one ended off - it sounds bad but it works for some people.

See, he was single for a long time and I was the one who went from relationship to relationship. I had these expectations and expected him to act the way the others did. More so with how often we hung out. We only saw each other once a week and I was used to that. He didn’t see a problem with it but I did. I always feel like I was becoming somewhat distant as well and I honestly think he could sense something changing.  I actually confirmed to him I had felt the way he felt. I will admit, I was a terrible communicator.

Being in a relationship is a lot different than being friends with someone. It’s definitely a learned thing and it’s easy to quit when it gets difficult.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 02:30:52 AM »

I absolutely agree! You definitely need to learn how to be in a relationship if you want one, especially after being single for some time. It doesn’t matter if you guys are “soulmates, twin flames” or what have you. Relationships take work and learning, understanding, and accepting the other person. I think serial daters who go from one serious relationship to the next with very little time in between can be the exception, but I believe they are just picking up the new relationship where the last one ended off - it sounds bad but it works for some people.

See, he was single for a long time and I was the one who went from relationship to relationship. I had these expectations and expected him to act the way the others did. More so with how often we hung out. We only saw each other once a week and I was used to that. He didn’t see a problem with it but I did. I always feel like I was becoming somewhat distant as well and I honestly think he could sense something changing.  I actually confirmed to him I had felt the way he felt. I will admit, I was a terrible communicator.

Being in a relationship is a lot different than being friends with someone. It’s definitely a learned thing and it’s easy to quit when it gets difficult.

This right here is me. My recent ex as of last week  :'( had been single a while and counts only on himself. Workaholic drive ambition and he does it alone and doesn't want someone that is needy or expecting him to change. Which I don't but I do expect he will text or call me at some point during the day. He isn't good at that because he isn't used to dealing with anyone but himself. So when I pushed he pushed back. He threw up his hands and said what you see is what you get and I got pissed and walked out. I know we can fix it. But both of us have to learn and communicate before it can go on. He doesn't text I get anxiety I blame him he blames me and we push apart. It can't go like that.

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 02:44:15 AM »

This right here is me. My recent ex as of last week  :'( had been single a while and counts only on himself. Workaholic drive ambition and he does it alone and doesn't want someone that is needy or expecting him to change. Which I don't but I do expect he will text or call me at some point during the day. He isn't good at that because he isn't used to dealing with anyone but himself. So when I pushed he pushed back. He threw up his hands and said what you see is what you get and I got pissed and walked out. I know we can fix it. But both of us have to learn and communicate before it can go on. He doesn't text I get anxiety I blame him he blames me and we push apart. It can't go like that.

It’s so hard learning how someone else works. I get the anxiety too when they don’t text back and make it so much more difficult. I trusted him, I never once thought he was doing something behind my back but I just felt he wasn’t putting in the same effort. I now realize that he was but just not in the same way. I feel like texting doesn’t matter as much to men as it does to women. He told me he wanted a break and I pushed to the point of him saying he was done. He’s always been very forgiving and always apologized but I’m afraid I pushed to far. I don’t have the slightest clue on how to fix it. We haven’t talked in 2 months but I also know I said things to make him think I want nothing to do with him.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 06:36:13 AM »

It’s so hard learning how someone else works. I get the anxiety too when they don’t text back and make it so much more difficult. I trusted him, I never once thought he was doing something behind my back but I just felt he wasn’t putting in the same effort. I now realize that he was but just not in the same way. I feel like texting doesn’t matter as much to men as it does to women. He told me he wanted a break and I pushed to the point of him saying he was done. He’s always been very forgiving and always apologized but I’m afraid I pushed to far. I don’t have the slightest clue on how to fix it. We haven’t talked in 2 months but I also know I said things to make him think I want nothing to do with him.

I'm giving mine time to cool off and it seems like you have done that. If he doesn't contact me in the next week I'm going to call him and ask him to meet up with me and talk. I need to at least explain my anxiety and apologize to him. Think I will tell him you know when I get pushy with my anxiety just tell me to calm down. Lol. I have never felt like his lack of texting is because of another person and I know it is being overworked. Makes it a little easier I guess.

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 02:58:25 PM »

I'm giving mine time to cool off and it seems like you have done that. If he doesn't contact me in the next week I'm going to call him and ask him to meet up with me and talk. I need to at least explain my anxiety and apologize to him. Think I will tell him you know when I get pushy with my anxiety just tell me to calm down. Lol. I have never felt like his lack of texting is because of another person and I know it is being overworked. Makes it a little easier I guess.

I’m to scared to call because I don’t know whether I’m blocked or not lol. We had a pretty rough fight the last time we saw each other.

anything