Author Topic: Male readers or psychics...not as accurate?  (Read 3427 times)

Offline sawthelight

Male readers or psychics...not as accurate?
« on: July 11, 2019, 02:38:09 PM »
Just curious of others opinions on this...

I find, in general, male readers not to be very accurate...I feel they misinterpret things and always lean towards the negative...I had a reading a few weeks ago from a male reader that seemed to have good reviews on purple ocean..and his interpretation of the cards was all wrong, IMO...because I know some things about tarot, the two cards that he indicated were all doom and gloom were actually not that at all....He got the six of pentacles and page of cups as the guy not being invested at all or interested at all, and that's not how I interpret those two cards....

I wonder if it's due to the fact that men think more logically and women more emotionally...

Offline Jellybean123

Re: Male readers or psychics...not as accurate?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 02:46:13 PM »
I agree, I don't ever gravitate to men readers. I feel they are more logical and then they put their two scents into how men in general work. I feel they don't get to the root of how emotional another man can be or see it as clearly. I feel women are much more in tuned, more spiritual and have the gift to see better and be complete empaths. Men also give more advice to women based on a man's point of view but that is not necessarily your POI point of view. I just feel women, we give birth we are more emotional we are more in tuned in general.

Offline diamondcanadian

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 02:56:59 PM »
I don’t use male psychics because I feel they offer their opinion and it kind of taints the reading.

I don’t know , just my personal opinion lol

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 03:10:08 PM »
I agree, I don't ever gravitate to men readers. I feel they are more logical and then they put their two scents into how men in general work. I feel they don't get to the root of how emotional another man can be or see it as clearly. I feel women are much more in tuned, more spiritual and have the gift to see better and be complete empaths. Men also give more advice to women based on a man's point of view but that is not necessarily your POI point of view. I just feel women, we give birth we are more emotional we are more in tuned in general.

exactly!  you said it better than me! LOL

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 03:12:38 PM »
I don’t use male psychics because I feel they offer their opinion and it kind of taints the reading.

I don’t know , just my personal opinion lol

yes exactly...there was only one guy that I used that I found was actually a great empath...but most men just think too black/white and don't see the whole situation. 

oddly enough, I had read with Goddess Erika after that reading with the guy i mentioned in my first post, and she got the same two cards in the reading but the way she read them actually made sense to the situation.  lol..
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:17:16 PM by sawthelight »

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 03:34:56 PM »
Actually, I've had great success with male readers.  If i say top 4, 2 are men who i trust and things have come to pass.  I don't find men to be worse than women. If there is another man i've read with and he was good, but he was hit or miss conversation wise when you speak to him, and i didn't like that. but so far what he's said has been accurate.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 03:47:21 PM »
I find women readers can be just as bad at trying to say what men like and why they behave the way they do and they base their experiences of men and what most men want and do, and it has lead to the reading being pretty psychological and advice and opinion based. Not all men are the same so it's best for readers not to try and generalise.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:49:15 PM by Star_01 »

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 03:49:57 PM »
I find women readers can be just as bad at trying to say what men like and why they behave the way they do and they base their experiences of men and what most men want and do, and it has lead to the reading being pretty psychological and advice and opinion based. Not all men are the same so it's best not to try and generalise.

I guess it can go either way, just overall, my experience with readings from men tend to not resonate as much...not because it isn't what I want to hear, but it doesn't make sense in my situation.  I'm just basing this on my experience with many (too many lol) readings over the years.  For instance, I thought Count Marco was really in tune when I read with him...

But I agree, I've had some bad women readers too..who let their own biases or opinions get in the way.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 03:53:24 PM »
I find women readers can be just as bad at trying to say what men like and why they behave the way they do and they base their experiences of men and what most men want and do, and it has lead to the reading being pretty psychological and advice and opinion based. Not all men are the same so it's best not to try and generalise.

I guess it can go either way, just overall, my experience with readings from men tend to not resonate as much...not because it isn't what I want to hear, but it doesn't make sense in my situation.  I'm just basing this on my experience with many (too many lol) readings over the years.  For instance, I thought Count Marco was really in tune when I read with him...

But I agree, I've had some bad women readers too..who let their own biases or opinions get in the way.

Sorry I meant about readers, it's best that they try to not generalise. The amount of times I've had a woman reader say "men don't like this", or "men don't like that" or "men behave like this and that".  I can't really comment on male readers as I hardly used any, I came close to talking to empath Eamon on Keen but never did in the end.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:54:55 PM by Star_01 »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 06:59:31 PM »
I always felt this was the case as well. Men aren't as in tuned as women or they aren't as connected to things outside of a tangible realm. Men are hardwired to think in a hardwired way more so than women, although it's not all men or all women by any means. This is just the way I feel and have experienced males in certain roles. For example I took my dog to a male vet once and he was just so unsympathetic towards the dog and what she was going through, whereas a female was more nurturing and empathic at least. I typically seek out females more so than males, but that is not to say I haven't found a few men who are good. I just hardly ever read with males a second time. I will give the wrong psychic female a second chance either because she was very nice, talked to me in a pleasant manner or was close to figuring out my situation.

I read with both John Warren and ItalyShawn, and both were very kind. I felt John Warren skewed towards making everything upbeat and positive, but I won't know for sure with him until about September. ItalyShawn ended up being wrong about everything I asked him about.

Anytime a reader gives advice whether it's about how they think men behave, it's annoying. I don't want or need advice from any reader and I wish they were more connected to how they say things and stop it already.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 08:39:30 PM »
I always felt this was the case as well. Men aren't as in tuned as women or they aren't as connected to things outside of a tangible realm. Men are hardwired to think in a hardwired way more so than women, although it's not all men or all women by any means. This is just the way I feel and have experienced males in certain roles. For example I took my dog to a male vet once and he was just so unsympathetic towards the dog and what she was going through, whereas a female was more nurturing and empathic at least. I typically seek out females more so than males, but that is not to say I haven't found a few men who are good. I just hardly ever read with males a second time. I will give the wrong psychic female a second chance either because she was very nice, talked to me in a pleasant manner or was close to figuring out my situation.

I read with both John Warren and ItalyShawn, and both were very kind. I felt John Warren skewed towards making everything upbeat and positive, but I won't know for sure with him until about September. ItalyShawn ended up being wrong about everything I asked him about.

Anytime a reader gives advice whether it's about how they think men behave, it's annoying. I don't want or need advice from any reader and I wish they were more connected to how they say things and stop it already.

I will say based on the fb groups i'm in this is what most readers want to do, is be armchair psychologists. it's annoying af and they don't seem to understand thats not what people want. that and they want to rephrase questions. or they don't read third parties or read what ever.  My old psychic was amazing until she fell into the habit of opinion. I hate it. Sometimes the psychological side maybe warranted, say they are telling about a Leo man and his tendencies, that's fine for me.  I prefer the old school readers, who didn't add all of this stuff in and just read you what they see, end of story.

I personally love John, and he has worked really well for me. 

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 09:50:16 PM »
The only male reader I ever had any good experience with was Brice on CP. I wouldn't hazard a guess as to why but I do think it's statistically true for me.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 09:52:52 PM »
I will say based on the fb groups i'm in this is what most readers want to do, is be armchair psychologists. it's annoying af and they don't seem to understand thats not what people want. that and they want to rephrase questions. or they don't read third parties or read what ever.  My old psychic was amazing until she fell into the habit of opinion. I hate it. Sometimes the psychological side maybe warranted, say they are telling about a Leo man and his tendencies, that's fine for me.  I prefer the old school readers, who didn't add all of this stuff in and just read you what they see, end of story.

Really?? This is complete news to me. I thought readers wanted to be psychics. Don't they know you need a degree to be a psychologists? If it's too tiring for them to delve into their psychic mode when giving readings perhaps they should space out their readings, take longer breaks, or get out of the business.

Offline lp1111

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 10:10:11 PM »

Really?? This is complete news to me. I thought readers wanted to be psychics. Don't they know you need a degree to be a psychologists? If it's too tiring for them to delve into their psychic mode when giving readings perhaps they should space out their readings, take longer breaks, or get out of the business.

It’s funny, I’ve noticed a lotttt of psychics note that they have degrees in psychology related fields.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »
Yeah that's true now that I think about it. It just never occurred to me that was their aim.

anything