Author Topic: I haven't talked to a psychic in 2 months.  (Read 2464 times)

Offline pisceandream

I haven't talked to a psychic in 2 months.
« on: July 03, 2019, 07:47:51 PM »
I haven't spoken to a psychic since early May. I noticed that no matter how many readings I get, I keep wanting to try more. Then I realized this was because I wasn't really "believing" the readings. If I were confident and comfortable, why would I keep reaching out to readers like this? The disappointment I felt when a prediction didn't pass wasn't stemming from belief but hope. I really wanted to read with Yona, but realized that no matter what she said to me, I wouldn't really believe it. After I identified that, it became really easy to just stop altogether.

I still think people have the ability to know the past, present, and future, but there just isn't a point if it's so hit or miss that I'm never going to be satisfied with a reading after I have one anymore because I know how murky this all is.

Offline Dreamer23

Re: I haven't talked to a psychic in 2 months.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 07:51:51 PM »
I'm in the same place. I stopped believing what psychics would tell me, even if some part of it was true, it wasn't all true. And some of it was so general it could apply to most situations.

I don't believe in any psychic abilities, I actually don't think it's possible to tell the future. I stopped getting readings cause I honestly, with all my being, I don't believe in it. And I've talked to about 100 or so psychics. My experience has taught me that they are highly trained at giving you information that can apply to almost anyone. The language they use is in such a way that it can make sense to you. But it's all a guess.

I am so happy to not depend on psychics anymore. My life is my own now and I feel great being in control.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 02:04:33 PM »
It has been almost a year for me. I am so much happier not getting readings. That's not to say that I'm happy with everything in my life but I cope with things much better on my own. You can't ever put faith in what psychics say so it only makes things harder. Looking back I see how it used to only increase my anxiety because they told me things that left me wondering all the time. A lot of what they said either turned out to be wrong anyway or it was just irrelevant. Lots of money wasted talking about things that didn't matter anyway. The waste of money increases anxiety too. Yep they know how to say really general things that feel like it applies to you personally. They can also get real psychic hits on details that will blow your mind and make you think you can trust what they say. But they still end up being wrong on the important things. They take your emotions up and down too. That's why it is never satisfying because it is not based in anything real. Even if they predict something right it won't be real until it actually happens. In the meantime you are just speculating on something that isn't real. Since I stopped getting readings I have been able to put a lot of things out of my mind until they happen. Before it was like I could never put anything aside. The things they said were always hanging over me like a cloud. It can trick you into thinking you feel better right after you get a reading but you really don't. It's all illusion.

I love what you write Still tired. It is so so true. That's exactly what my experience has been and it's so not worth it to go through life like that.

I realized that I no longer need psychics because I don't want for something to happen. I no longer have that longing for something...for POI to come back into my life, to find love with someone else, etc, etc. I don't long for it and so I don't need to ask someone about it. And I also know that psychics don't know anything so it's pointless to ask them.

There is a beautiful quote that I came across that says: truth waits for eye unclouded by longing.
It feels really good to be in a place in your life where you don't desperately ache for something.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 02:18:54 AM »
Thank you so much Dreamer. Yes that is a beautiful quote. I feel like I have reached that place where I don't long for anything. I was thinking of it as kind of bad rather than good but you turned my perspective around on that.

:)

anything