Author Topic: This article made a lot of sense to me...  (Read 3425 times)

Offline sawthelight

This article made a lot of sense to me...
« on: June 12, 2019, 06:15:01 PM »
https://www.womenofgrace.com/blog/?p=24981

Offline applecheeks

Re: This article made a lot of sense to me...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 07:52:18 AM »
I agree with the fad part of it, but not that they are communing with demons. Majority of the time it is fake and they are not communing with anything. It is an act designed to wow and comfort people, especially those who have not encountered it before. Over the years I have had several readers talk angel mumbo jumbo, and it is all very similar, and sounds rehearsed like it is said to everyone. I think they bank on the adults that still want to believe in fairies, angels, mystical solutions and so forth, and that they have not heard it all before. The giving of cards, stones, little candles, charms....is pretty much like giving kids stickers and lucky rabbit feet to make them feel special. They buy those things in bulk, give them to everyone, and they don't have any special powers or connections to the other side. Kind of reminds of like the Disney Bibbity bobbity salon where they take little girls, do their hair, coat them in glitter and stickers and turn them into princesses. People pay big money for that too. So I wouldn't worry about it being demonic, just worry about how much you are going to pay for a fake magic rock and routine performance. 

Offline applecheeks

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 08:02:00 AM »
I ordered a reading off ebay once (it was like ten years ago, back when it was still allowed there), and was sent this neon purple glass stone that they said would basically make what I wanted to happen. It wasn't even a real crystal, and was something they obviously sent to everyone. So another example of how some engage in gimics.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 01:30:24 PM »
I believe that psychics readings can be deceptive and you can get stuck in a bad situation.

I read this article online and it was pretty scary: https://narratively.com/my-psychic-told-me-to-date-a-psychopath/

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 01:55:38 PM »
I believe that psychics readings can be deceptive and you can get stuck in a bad situation.

I read this article online and it was pretty scary: https://narratively.com/my-psychic-told-me-to-date-a-psychopath/

WHOA!! that's terrifying, actually!  thanks for posting!

Offline persephone

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 02:19:30 PM »
That is scary indeed! That’s why the best psychic is yourself and trust what your sixth sense (gut feeling) tells you. Many times I made the mistake not to trust my gut feeling and I regretted it.
Don’t believe everything a psychic tells you.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 06:25:09 PM »
That is scary indeed! That’s why the best psychic is yourself and trust what your sixth sense (gut feeling) tells you. Many times I made the mistake not to trust my gut feeling and I regretted it.
Don’t believe everything a psychic tells you.

I always found it hard to listen to my instinct when talking to a psychic because if they told me what I wanted to hear, then I would ignore my gut feeling. For example the POI at that time when I was talking to psychics was not treating me like we were dating, and I would ask the psychics what do they think of his behavior. They would tell me that he is very scared and he loves me so much and I have to understand him. So I would completely ignore the signs that were spelling out the fact that he wasn't all that interested.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 07:19:34 PM »
Don't get me wrong, we've all been led astray by a psychic who sounded good, but a couple of things stood out in this story to me...what the psychic was saying and what the guy/boyfriend was actually doing. What people say and what people do almost never match - especially concerning guys. It is exactly the same when a guy says he doesn't want children, but he ain't wearing no jacket. I mean come on. He may not want them, but that is how they are made and just about everybody knows this.

This line from the story gave me goosebumps: When I thought he might be stealing she would suggest that I leave him some money so that if he was stealing, he wouldn’t have to....WTFFFFFFF! If he was stealing?? Isn't it obvious without a psychic telling you he is or he isn't?

Also this line from the boyfriend: “I think I might have a problem. But I want to fix it. I’ll fix it.”
The gf's next question should be...what are going to do to fix it? If he doesn't give you any options then guess what - he doesn't have or hasn't prepared any options....so nothing is going to get fixed. oops

and finally this...
I gave the responsibility of making important decisions to someone else so I wouldn’t have to.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

The gf in the story had to get some very harsh lessons in order to kickstart her common sense back into her brain. Until we learn, the lessons just get harder (that's what I've always been told).

ladya

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 08:00:58 PM »
This article sounds like it was written by a bible hugger 🤷🏻‍♀️

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 08:45:32 PM »
This article sounds like it was written by a bible hugger 🤷🏻‍♀️

Agreed

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 09:56:28 PM »
Don't get me wrong, we've all been led astray by a psychic who sounded good, but a couple of things stood out in this story to me...what the psychic was saying and what the guy/boyfriend was actually doing. What people say and what people do almost never match - especially concerning guys. It is exactly the same when a guy says he doesn't want children, but he ain't wearing no jacket. I mean come on. He may not want them, but that is how they are made and just about everybody knows this.

This line from the story gave me goosebumps: When I thought he might be stealing she would suggest that I leave him some money so that if he was stealing, he wouldn’t have to....WTFFFFFFF! If he was stealing?? Isn't it obvious without a psychic telling you he is or he isn't?

Also this line from the boyfriend: “I think I might have a problem. But I want to fix it. I’ll fix it.”
The gf's next question should be...what are going to do to fix it? If he doesn't give you any options then guess what - he doesn't have or hasn't prepared any options....so nothing is going to get fixed. oops

and finally this...
I gave the responsibility of making important decisions to someone else so I wouldn’t have to.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

The gf in the story had to get some very harsh lessons in order to kickstart her common sense back into her brain. Until we learn, the lessons just get harder (that's what I've always been told).

I completely agree with this point. I just think it is so easy to not think straight or logically when a psychic, whom you believe has powers to see beyond the facade, is telling you otherwise. That's why I think psychics are so dangerous. You believe they have a certain power, they are able to see intentions or to tell you things that you don't see because you don't have that 6th sense.

anything