Author Topic: How do you access your gut intuition?  (Read 5139 times)

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
How do you access your gut intuition?
« on: June 11, 2019, 01:46:15 AM »
I want to preface this by saying I am not a reader NOR do I have any special gifts.

I am very empathic, however. I suck up everyone’s energy like a sponge. God help me if I am in a crowded place like a party or Sam’s Club or something.

I have also at times in my life had moments of clairaudience, claircognizance, and clairvoyance. My friends jokingly call me Ms. Cleo.

My strongest gift is my visceral gut intuition. It has saved my life countless times. When I haven’t listened I have been physically or emotionally hurt or in a bad predicament.

I am agnostic but recently started accepting the universe and the Lord as instrumental in my life. I try to pray and be thankful often.

But I feel stuck. My gut is giving me NOTHING. I feel lost and out of answers, which is rare for me.

I’ve tried being in nature, meditation, affirmations...

Does anyone rely on their own intuition a lot and feel or have felt like you’re blocked or stuck?

Offline username1111

Re: How do you access your gut intuition?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 01:53:29 AM »
I want to preface this by saying I am not a reader NOR do I have any special gifts.

I am very empathic, however. I suck up everyone’s energy like a sponge. God help me if I am in a crowded place like a party or Sam’s Club or something.

I have also at times in my life had moments of clairaudience, claircognizance, and clairvoyance. My friends jokingly call me Ms. Cleo.

My strongest gift is my visceral gut intuition. It has saved my life countless times. When I haven’t listened I have been physically or emotionally hurt or in a bad predicament.

I am agnostic but recently started accepting the universe and the Lord as instrumental in my life. I try to pray and be thankful often.

But I feel stuck. My gut is giving me NOTHING. I feel lost and out of answers, which is rare for me.

Does anyone rely on their own intuition a lot and feel or have felt like you’re blocked or stuck?

I feel a lot of similariies with you. I learned tarot and use it to make more sense of my gut feelings and intuitions. Have you tried it?
In regards to being sometime overwhelmed by others people energies... I didn't find any solution else than just removing myself from these environments when it's too much. So if you have some good tips, I am taking ;)

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 02:11:32 AM »

I feel a lot of similariies with you. I learned tarot and use it to make more sense of my gut feelings and intuitions. Have you tried it?
In regards to being sometime overwhelmed by others people energies... I didn't find any solution else than just removing myself from these environments when it's too much. So if you have some good tips, I am taking ;)

I have to remove myself from environments too. Deep breathing and taking breaks:walks alone have helped.

I use to dabble in tarot like 10 years ago, but that’s an excellent idea. Maybe learn it again and use it as a guide.

I do love facade.com though.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 02:12:58 AM »
I've been told by a couple readers that I need to trust my gut, and that I don't listen to it often and that is what gets me in trouble. Since hearing that, I've made an effort to listen to my gut more often, and it is paid off for sure.

I definitely feel stuck with my intuition or gut at times too. It's hard when it happens. I feel like what might be causing that for me is overthinking (that is a big problem for me). Even when I mediate, I find it hard to re-center myself to be in an emotional place to actually listen to or trust my gut.

There was a point a while back where I was getting readings too often, and I feel like that was throwing off my intuition, because I was turning it over to psychics rather than trusting myself. I felt like anytime I had a question or uncertainty, rather than figuring it out myself, I would call, and that messed me up. The more I called, the less I used my own intuition or trusted my gut. This is what prompted me to get readings less often, and force myself to use my own gut instead. It's a work in process tho haha

Excellent point! I think at times we stop listening to our gut and turn ourselves over to the external, like readers, and it throws us off balance.

Offline Ninacy

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 04:15:01 PM »
Everyone has that "gut" feeling but it is clearly more developed in some and less developed in others. I'm too very sensitive to energy around me and I feel frequently the need to go solo and just keep myself distracted and away from others and the outside world.
I have found that I'm also very sensitive to lunar energies and my gut is stronger during the approach of full moon and less strong in other days. It also goes hand in hand with my female cycle too.
This is why most suggest that you stay away from giving and getting readings at times of physical or mental stress as the energies will be all over the place and the intuitive insight that comes out of your reading won't be right.
I sincerely believe that it's a myth that "our gut is always right"--some of what we call a gut feeling is mere false fear or an ego response. However, if you keep getting the same feeling about something or someone and there are some signs pointing to that direction, you better pay attention as it has a high chance of being true.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 09:23:24 PM »
Exactly, bc even though we are all intuitive, we aren't as intuitive as these readers are, so it was easier for me to call a psychics to get the answers than to trust myself. I have never tried tarot cards, but they seem like that could help-by reading them it would probably force me to slow my mind down and get into that space where I can actually listen to my gut.

So true, but it's difficult reading ourselves when we need clarity. Even psychics go to other psychics because everyone's emotions get in the way of what we want to happen as opposed to what is really happening.

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 09:21:45 PM »
I sincerely believe that it's a myth that "our gut is always right"--some of what we call a gut feeling is mere false fear or an ego response. However, if you keep getting the same feeling about something or someone and there are some signs pointing to that direction, you better pay attention as it has a high chance of being true.

If it’s an ego response then it’s not your intuition speaking it’s your ego. They’re not the same thing, your intuition want nothing where as your ego does. There should be no fear with intuitive decisions and you shouldn’t wish for an outcome, you just respond because it’s right. You’re at peace with whatever happens. Ego is an emotional response and has a desire behind it. You want something from it. If it’s intuition there should be no fear but instead a constant push to do something, even if you don’t understand why should.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 07:42:48 AM »

If it’s an ego response then it’s not your intuition speaking it’s your ego. They’re not the same thing, your intuition want nothing where as your ego does. There should be no fear with intuitive decisions and you shouldn’t wish for an outcome, you just respond because it’s right. You’re at peace with whatever happens. Ego is an emotional response and has a desire behind it. You want something from it. If it’s intuition there should be no fear but instead a constant push to do something, even if you don’t understand why should.

I agree. You will know when it's a gut feeling when you just can't shake how you feel off. It's like a stomach ache when you ate something dodgy and whatever you do you can't shake off the feeling of something. You will realise when it is continuing no matter what you do constantly. My gut feeling have never let me down and been my own psychic reader, they got it right over any reader.

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 08:27:50 PM »

I agree. You will know when it's a gut feeling when you just can't shake how you feel off. It's like a stomach ache when you ate something dodgy and whatever you do you can't shake off the feeling of something. You will realise when it is continuing no matter what you do constantly. My gut feeling have never let me down and been my own psychic reader, they got it right over any reader.

Sometimes I get confused on wether it’s me hoping or an actually gut feeling. Dealing with that right now actually, but every time I’ve had a “feeling” of someone coming back they always have. It’s so weird. I feel that way now but I’m still trying to figure out wether it’s me making myself think they’ll be back because I want it. My gut tells me I have to do something first but at the same time it tells me not right now.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 08:30:32 PM »

Sometimes I get confused on wether it’s me hoping or an actually gut feeling. Dealing with that right now actually, but every time I’ve had a “feeling” of someone coming back they always have. It’s so weird. I feel that way now but I’m still trying to figure out wether it’s me making myself think they’ll be back because I want it. My gut tells me I have to do something first but at the same time it tells me not right now.

If you have that feeling no matter what you do, and you can't shake it off then listen to it as it's pretty much right everytime - you said yourself. I know what you mean, my gut was trying to tell me bad news and I ignored it as I'm a naturally massive pessimist so I shrugged it off at first as being negative but it was an overbearing feeling I couldn't shake off. Best of luck to you and nice to have someone my age on this board  :P

Offline flora0250

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »
I have had that “can’t shake it”’ feeling and yes, that is your gut speaking! There is also the “shot to the heart / stomach / brain” kind of immediate knowing something without a doubt that I have experienced a small handful of times.

One was when - ugh I don’t want to go into too many personal details! But one was when I was standing in my ex husbands work space and I suddenly realized, knew without a doubt, shot to the heart / brain / stomach whatever - that he had been lying to me about something. It just completely dawned on me out of nowhere. Sure enough of all the available drawers in his workspace (let’s just say there were a lot) - I knew if I opened this one drawer I would find my answer. And I am not kidding it happened. Of all of maybe 40 possible drawers I was like yep. And then I opened the drawer and my eyes just about popped out of my head. Yep. There’s the evidence, you liar. I was pretty stunned.

Second time was related to my POI. I don’t want to go into details but with absolutely no reason whatsoever to know it, I suddenly had a knowing in my bones that I went to this restaurant I had been planning to go to the next night - if i went that night instead - I would see him. I just knew it. So I went (with my child btw). And there he was. With another woman. This was just after we “broke up” for lack of a better term. I could not believe my eyes. It wasn’t a place I ever went to with him. It was a place I would go sometimes and I had said I wanted to go there with him. But other than that there is no. Possible way I could have known he would have been there at that exact time. It was so strange and I just about threw up in the middle of the restaurant I was absolutely shocked.

So gut intuition can take different forms! Don’t ignore it!!!

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 01:01:34 AM »
I’m really good at ignoring my gut feeling and then looking back and saying “oh!” I usually talk myself out of it and say it’s just fear.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 08:20:01 AM »
Lately my intuition just comes In thoughts and I can’t tell if their mine or if spirit is about to guide me:
Hey I’d think I’d be good in HR” later that day my boss ask if I want to apply for the HR position he thinks I’d be great.
Ugh I think H likes me” 5 mins later H asks me out to lunch.
C would like this joke” in that minute C then sends me text.
Did my coworker get a promotion?Is it you? Did they select you, B, for the position?” My coworker B and my boss try to bluff or change the subject. Two weeks later it was announced that B got a promotion and were surprised I guessed something out of nowhere, where looking back I felt like “crap why did I put my foot in my mouth and say that thought out loud?”

After every break up I go thru a lost period... and have been there since 2005 ish. But... I think losing your “gut feeling” is normal and a journey, part of something bigger. It is ok to feel lost. Embrace then that: f🤬 it I’m lost! Now what?

For me... I use to want more spiritual gifts, however, I haven’t mastered the basics such as being here, and not letting my emotions control me. Accepting what I can’t control and relying back to higher power, go back to breath, and just trust the unknown. I’m always looked after, isn’t that enough? After years of feeling lost... either from bad breakups, questions those values, and what I thought were truth, caring those hang ups, from one wound to the next, to be honest I now appreciate it and am grateful I don’t have more gifts... I can barely handle my own regular emotions.

I dunno what’s going to happen... but I think taking some time to embracing the: I’m getting nothing! I feel lost! Embrace then just those moments too. They are part of letting go and the start of trusting higher power. From there you learn to build self care. You can’t see it cause you’re in it, the clouds of the storm, but as the cloud and storm moves the silver lining starts to shows.

It could well possibly be intuition.. Have you ever thought about someone and they popped up via call/text soon after? The other day I was speaking to my friend about something over text and he walked into another room and the same thing came up on TV which wasn't general. I've thought to myself "oh, I haven't heard from/talked to _____ for a while", and soon after they contact me.

Back in December I began to reminisce about a guy I hadn't talk to for 18 months out of nowhere and I went on an app a few days later and found that he had texted me. I think most of us really do have an ability.

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 02:08:49 PM »
Lately my intuition just comes In thoughts and I can’t tell if their mine or if spirit is about to guide me:
Hey I’d think I’d be good in HR” later that day my boss ask if I want to apply for the HR position he thinks I’d be great.
Ugh I think H likes me” 5 mins later H asks me out to lunch.
C would like this joke” in that minute C then sends me text.
Did my coworker get a promotion?Is it you? Did they select you, B, for the position?” My coworker B and my boss try to bluff or change the subject. Two weeks later it was announced that B got a promotion and were surprised I guessed something out of nowhere, where looking back I felt like “crap why did I put my foot in my mouth and say that thought out loud?”

After every break up I go thru a lost period... and have been there since 2005 ish. But... I think losing your “gut feeling” is normal and a journey, part of something bigger. It is ok to feel lost. Embrace then that: f🤬 it I’m lost! Now what?

For me... I use to want more spiritual gifts, however, I haven’t mastered the basics such as being here, and not letting my emotions control me. Accepting what I can’t control and relying back to higher power, go back to breath, and just trust the unknown. I’m always looked after, isn’t that enough? After years of feeling lost... either from bad breakups, questions those values, and what I thought were truth, caring those hang ups, from one wound to the next, to be honest I now appreciate it and am grateful I don’t have more gifts... I can barely handle my own regular emotions.

I dunno what’s going to happen... but I think taking some time to embracing the: I’m getting nothing! I feel lost! Embrace then just those moments too. They are part of letting go and the start of trusting higher power. From there you learn to build self care. You can’t see it cause you’re in it, the clouds of the storm, but as the cloud and storm moves the silver lining starts to shows.

I feel like it’s normal for intuition to be clouded after a breakup or any other traumatic experience :( I’m in that boat right now unfortunately. If you tell yourself something enough it starts to feel real and at that point you don’t know if it’s you knowing or just tricking your mind.

Offline Ninacy

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 10:16:58 AM »
I’m really good at ignoring my gut feeling and then looking back and saying “oh!” I usually talk myself out of it and say it’s just fear.

The thing is many people will tell you " I have this bad or gut feeling X and Y thing will happen" and get stressed but nothing bad happens--quite the opposite. I have a female friend like that--she pessimistic and freaks out easily but she is rarely proven true. Not all people can tell the difference between mere fear and worry and a gut feeling that you can't possibly shake it off.

I also ignore my gut feeling many times and got involved with people and situations that messed my head big time. And yep, I am pretty embarrassed to admit of spending thousands on scammer readers that I felt that were frauds from the beginning but because I I was desperate for answers or they were recommended by someone else, I gave them a chance anyway. Such a shame...

anything