Author Topic: New and Improved Lenormand Deck  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Jeninmd2

New and Improved Lenormand Deck
« on: May 31, 2019, 11:29:26 AM »
Hi everyone! 

I'm not sure how many of you out there do Lenormand readings for yourself or others - I dabble in it a bit, nothing too exciting because I am not very experienced and don't feel very confident yet, just small 3-card spreads for myself and occasionally for friends and family.  I LOVE Lenormand and its clarity - I own several Lenormand decks - but honestly don't take them out and use them as often as I would like to - one of the reasons is that I would occasionally find myself frustrated whenever those cards with vastly discrepant dual meanings came up - i.e. Whip (am I getting into an argument or getting some sexy time??? Because there's a big difference lol!!) or Fox (Is this a work issue or is someone deceiving me??? Because again, big difference!!).

So, while shopping on Amazon a few weeks ago, I somehow came across what I think is a fairly new Lenormand deck designed by Rana George - it spoke to me right away - not only was the design gorgeous IMO (it has an exotic and gilded design), but it includes a series of extra cards that traditional Lenormand decks don't - it has a BED card (for sexy time), a MARKETPLACE card (for work), an extra MAN and extra WOMAN card (for same sex readings - or in my case I am using them for other love interests/rivals and using the original Man/Woman cards to indicate myself and POI).  It also includes some very interesting cards of a spiritual/psychic nature - SPIRIT and INCENSE BURNER.  You don't have to use any or all of the extra cards if you don't want to of course, but let me tell you, I got BED in a reading for myself the other day, and for once did NOT have to question what the message was that I was being given - it was VERY clear lol!

In any case, I really fell in love with this deck for a lot of reasons, and I'm excited about doing more readings now - personally, I think that the extra cards are a bit of a game-changer and make the deck so much more relevant to modern life, so wanted to pass my experience along to all of you in case anyone else might be interested in this kind of deck.  I don't remember how much it was on Amazon, but I think it was less than $20 USD.

Hope this info is helpful to some of you out there!  :)

Offline journalmuse

Re: New and Improved Lenormand Deck
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 03:05:42 PM »
Hi everyone! 

I'm not sure how many of you out there do Lenormand readings for yourself or others - I dabble in it a bit, nothing too exciting because I am not very experienced and don't feel very confident yet, just small 3-card spreads for myself and occasionally for friends and family.  I LOVE Lenormand and its clarity - I own several Lenormand decks - but honestly don't take them out and use them as often as I would like to - one of the reasons is that I would occasionally find myself frustrated whenever those cards with vastly discrepant dual meanings came up - i.e. Whip (am I getting into an argument or getting some sexy time??? Because there's a big difference lol!!) or Fox (Is this a work issue or is someone deceiving me??? Because again, big difference!!).

So, while shopping on Amazon a few weeks ago, I somehow came across what I think is a fairly new Lenormand deck designed by Rana George - it spoke to me right away - not only was the design gorgeous IMO (it has an exotic and gilded design), but it includes a series of extra cards that traditional Lenormand decks don't - it has a BED card (for sexy time), a MARKETPLACE card (for work), an extra MAN and extra WOMAN card (for same sex readings - or in my case I am using them for other love interests/rivals and using the original Man/Woman cards to indicate myself and POI).  It also includes some very interesting cards of a spiritual/psychic nature - SPIRIT and INCENSE BURNER.  You don't have to use any or all of the extra cards if you don't want to of course, but let me tell you, I got BED in a reading for myself the other day, and for once did NOT have to question what the message was that I was being given - it was VERY clear lol!

In any case, I really fell in love with this deck for a lot of reasons, and I'm excited about doing more readings now - personally, I think that the extra cards are a bit of a game-changer and make the deck so much more relevant to modern life, so wanted to pass my experience along to all of you in case anyone else might be interested in this kind of deck.  I don't remember how much it was on Amazon, but I think it was less than $20 USD.

I have and use her deck as well. I like that it's smaller, because it makes larger layouts easier to manage. I don't use the extra meanings cards, not for any particular reason, but I do use the extra man and woman significator cards a lot. I like it much better than picking another card for that and then diluting the meaning that card has.

Offline Jeninmd2

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 03:31:43 PM »
Hi everyone! 

I have and use her deck as well. I like that it's smaller, because it makes larger layouts easier to manage. I don't use the extra meanings cards, not for any particular reason, but I do use the extra man and woman significator cards a lot. I like it much better than picking another card for that and then diluting the meaning that card has.

Hi Journalmuse - yes, agreed!  I definitely appreciate the flexibility this deck has.  Hoping to gain enough skills to get to the larger spreads myself one day :)

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 03:44:33 PM »
Hi everyone! 

Hi Journalmuse - yes, agreed!  I definitely appreciate the flexibility this deck has.  Hoping to gain enough skills to get to the larger spreads myself one day :)

You can do it. How are you learning? Books? (That's the best way, don't pay attention to youtube or stuff on the Internet, it's largely garbage.)

Offline Jeninmd2

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 07:52:06 PM »
Hi everyone! 

You can do it. How are you learning? Books? (That's the best way, don't pay attention to youtube or stuff on the Internet, it's largely garbage.)

Thanks for the vote of confidence :)  I have Rana George's book and have also looked at stuff on the internet (but not YouTube) - but now I won't bother looking at the internet stuff anymore, thanks for the tip!  Are there any other books you would recommend?   My main issue is that I don't consistently devote enough time to thoroughly learn and get fully comfortable with it....I get into studying and doing spreads for a week or two then life gets in the way and I don't pick up the deck for 6 months lol  ::)