Author Topic: My Strange Addiction TLC (Addicted to bodycasts and psychics)  (Read 1812 times)

WinterElf

I was estatic when I saw that TLC did a special in season 6 episode 5 for MSA on psychic addictions. 

The addict called psychics everyday and spent half a million on them in the span of 5 years.  She candidly talked about how she wants to stop.  Even the psychics were like she needs to stop but then again, they are getting well paid for it so i doubt they protested much.  I thought it was sad because she used psychics to fill a void and it was only making her loneliness worse. 

THe psychic addict even did the dreaded stuff like call about a date before meeting the person.  She is in her early 40s and alone living with her dog.  She's attractive and has a lot to offer but her anxiety is through the roof and i think the only reason she is single is because she calls a psychic about any man that comes into her life.

Lots of other things went down in the show but I envied how people were like why would you trust a stranger to tell you about your life? and what a crazy addiction to have etc.  I wish i could be like that lol and not even give power to these psychic readings.

I recommend anyone to watch this episode. You are not alone. 

anything