Potpourri Boards > Addicted to Psychics

Went to counseling

(1/2) > >>

WinterElf:
i spent over 1000 this month on psychics. i want it to stop. i went to my job's counselor and she told me to try to go cold turkey for 2 days. i was doing good last month and lost my shit this month calling them. i feel better talking to her and like a normal person almost . she told me not to be so hard on myself. i admit i have an addiction to them. i feel so uncomfortable now not looking on keen now.  anyone else went to counseling for addictions/ addiction to psychics? while i do feel uncomfortable not  calling them i do feel better not waiting on them to pick up the phone for a call, hoping they deliver hope and good news...or feeling deevastated if it is not what i want to hear.

happyk:
Yes, I sought help from a "life coach" and my therapist for this addiction. The life coach told me that she knew someone who worked for Psychic hotline and she had 0 psychic abilities. She did change my focus for some time but after I met my POI, I was back on the bandwagon again. The only reason I was able to do a little better was realizing how I was doing really bad financially. Nothing else helped. You have to come to the realization yourself. Keep seeking help but I don't think a therapist can tell you to stop getting readings. They can only make you realize that it is not healthy. Unfortunately, this is something that needs introspection. I think you should keep checking your bank account and not talk to a reader without doing a lot of research here. Reading this forum over and over again has at the least helped me filter readers and not get reading from random people. Learn from your mistakes, if someone's been wrong for you in the past, do not go back. Don't be afraid to hang up if you don't feel the connection. Most of all, find a confidante. Most of the times, I've noticed that just having someone to talk to helps a great deal.

Clarita:

--- Quote from: WinterElf on April 22, 2019, 09:29:40 PM ---i spent over 1000 this month on psychics. i want it to stop. i went to my job's counselor and she told me to try to go cold turkey for 2 days. i was doing good last month and lost my shit this month calling them. i feel better talking to her and like a normal person almost . she told me not to be so hard on myself. i admit i have an addiction to them. i feel so uncomfortable now not looking on keen now.  anyone else went to counseling for addictions/ addiction to psychics? while i do feel uncomfortable not  calling them i do feel better not waiting on them to pick up the phone for a call, hoping they deliver hope and good news...or feeling deevastated if it is not what i want to hear.

--- End quote ---
I was addicted years ago and what it cost me financially I dont want to think about it. I've had a lot of counselling since. I dont call them anymore. I had a binge last December but I dont regret it because it helped at the time to get me through Christmas. They were all wrong but it helped me get through and thats why I dont regret it. Harsh I had to resort to that again but thats the addiction re surfacing. Im kinder to myself now. Counselling does really help and I recommend it. Some Psychics are trained counsellors but its the per minute rates that makes it best to seek out a pay per hour professional Counsellor.

Vanno:
I have anxiety about the future so I always feel peace of mind talking to psychics. It's like they ease my mind and help me to believe everything is going to be okay. I have learned how to budget so that this addiction does not become a financial burden and I even reward myself if I go a certain amount of time without calling one. I saw a counselor but realized that I was paying him instead of the psychics for the same thing.

Caroline10:
I'm going to see a counselor next week. This  past year has been really tough (mom diagnosed with Alzheimer's, mil dying, my younger son diagnosed with anxiety/school refusal, going through relationship heartache)
I've always been interested in psychic ability and have some myself (but cannot read for myself) but calling keen relieved the anxiety and helped me feel better, at least in the moment.
I didn't even realize how bad it's gotten and I'm going to have to work hard to dig myself out of this hole.
I have a long way to go...but it's a start.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version