Author Topic: Signs: Communication or Coincidence?  (Read 7353 times)

Offline tacobelle914

Signs: Communication or Coincidence?
« on: April 05, 2019, 07:10:42 PM »
So I've been getting a lot of signs from the universe for the past few months, some of which have been... alarming, to say the least.

For example, even though I spoke to psychics and everything, I asked the universe to show me a specific number when my POI was ready to contact me. I hadn't seen it, and then I saw it 3 times in 3 different places the day before he reached out (after 3 months of no contact!)

That alone was enough to make me feel off my rocker.

Then, yesterday as I am walking my dog, I see an ex of mine (we do not live in the same neighborhood and have been separated for over 5 years... I can credit most of my relationship trauma to him though thankfully I've worked through most of that).

I ignored him and started thinking to myself how grateful I am for what I currently have in the romance department, and how I do not wish for some fool from my past to try to come into my life in any way at this point.

Then my eyes fixed on a sign in someone's yard (that I had never noticed before) reading "UNION STRONG." I took this to mean that my current connection is too strong to be influenced by these past energies.

For me, it feels like I am receiving signs. However, I am interested to know what you guys feel about signs/synchronicities? Do you rely on them in any way?

In your experience is it more a matter of coincidence, or do you believe it is a way for the universe to communicate with you?

Offline username1111

Re: Signs: Communication or Coincidence?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 07:14:26 PM »
If it doesn't feel like a coincidence for you, then it's not a coincidence. Thats my motto.
Trust your gut feelings :)

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 07:14:52 PM »
So I've been getting a lot of signs from the universe for the past few months, some of which have been... alarming, to say the least.

For example, even though I spoke to psychics and everything, I asked the universe to show me a specific number when my POI was ready to contact me. I hadn't seen it, and then I saw it 3 times in 3 different places the day before he reached out (after 3 months of no contact!)

That alone was enough to make me feel off my rocker.

Then, yesterday as I am walking my dog, I see an ex of mine (we do not live in the same neighborhood and have been separated for over 5 years... I can credit most of my relationship trauma to him though thankfully I've worked through most of that).

I ignored him and started thinking to myself how grateful I am for what I currently have in the romance department, and how I do not wish for some fool from my past to try to come into my life in any way at this point.

Then my eyes fixed on a sign in someone's yard (that I had never noticed before) reading "UNION STRONG." I took this to mean that my current connection is too strong to be influenced by these past energies.

For me, it feels like I am receiving signs. However, I am interested to know what you guys feel about signs/synchronicities? Do you rely on them in any way?

In your experience is it more a matter of coincidence, or do you believe it is a way for the universe to communicate with you?

I think they can be both.

There's a psychological effect, I can't remember what it's called, but where when you are aware of a thing or looking for a thing, suddenly you see them everywhere. For instance, one I've personally experienced is having bought a new car. Now you see that type of car EVERYWHERE where maybe you really didn't notice them that much before. It's because you're now conscious of it, it's on your mind.

But there are some things that can't be explained by that. Specific things, maybe things you couldn't possibly have had on your mind.

Offline hope36

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 07:25:27 PM »

There's a psychological effect, I can't remember what it's called, but where when you are aware of a thing or looking for a thing, suddenly you see them everywhere. For instance, one I've personally experienced is having bought a new car. Now you see that type of car EVERYWHERE where maybe you really didn't notice them that much before. It's because you're now conscious of it, it's on your mind.

But there are some things that can't be explained by that. Specific things, maybe things you couldn't possibly have had on your mind.
I agree!
I used to see my poi's name all over the place, and I think they were always there, but when things were good - you dont really notice them. I only started noticing it after we broke and when he's on my mind all the freaking time. Thought that these were "signs". But nothing happened and its been 7+ months since contact.

There was a time, a particular evening that I was very much down and depressed, and asked the universe/spirits to show me a sign, to let me know if he was the one, specifically his name in a new place that I haven't seen before. Guess what, I was driving home, and the license plate of a car stopped in front of me on a traffic light, had his name on it. I was taken aback, and thought to myself "is this a sign.. or am I just doing this to myself..", and within a minute there was this local store which prints signs/posters with a huge red banner that said "SIGNS" on it. I'd never seen that before. thought it was a sign.. but nothing has happened until now.. I still feel that he's the one though, we'll see :)

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 07:32:00 PM »

I agree!
I used to see my poi's name all over the place, and I think they were always there, but when things were good - you dont really notice them. I only started noticing it after we broke and when he's on my mind all the freaking time. Thought that these were "signs". But nothing happened and its been 7+ months since contact.

There was a time, a particular evening that I was very much down and depressed, and asked the universe/spirits to show me a sign, to let me know if he was the one, specifically his name in a new place that I haven't seen before. Guess what, I was driving home, and the license plate of a car stopped in front of me on a traffic light, had his name on it. I was taken aback, and thought to myself "is this a sign.. or am I just doing this to myself..", and within a minute there was this local store which prints signs/posters with a huge red banner that said "SIGNS" on it. I'd never seen that before. thought it was a sign.. but nothing has happened until now.. I still feel that he's the one though, we'll see :)

For what it's worth, I would definitely have taken that as an actual sign.

Offline hope36

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 07:39:58 PM »

I agree!

For what it's worth, I would definitely have taken that as an actual sign.
I did too. But its been 5+ months since I saw that. (And I've had more of similar "signs" esp when am down and doubting this)
I still feel him strongly in my heart (Mattie even said, you know this isn't over), but at the same time my brain sometimes says "Maybe you're doing this to yourself".. so idk!

Offline tacobelle914

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 07:40:12 PM »
Yeah, I've heard of the psychological effect and I do my best to not take everything as a sign... it could be maddening!

But it's the times where I'm not paying attention, going about my business that I will be 'struck' by a sign and it really hits me.
For example, that number thing... when I set that condition in my mind I did not see the number at all. I was definitely looking for it at a certain point. But when I stopped thinking about it... poof! Three times in one day.

When I know I am zeroing in on something, I definitely give it less credit.
That's why if I ask for a sign I try to make it something kind of uncommon. And the unprompted signs... the ones that just show up... those are always a pleasant surprise! Kind of like your 'signs' synch @hope36 :)

I do take everything with a grain of salt, though.
It's just pretty cool when things do line up!

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 07:51:02 PM »
I used to see signs of my first POI everywhere, I mean it was crazy.  Not just one thing either, several different things that were strong reminders of him.  I remember once I was walking along not even thinking of him or anything related, when a truck passed by with his astrological sign in HUGE letters on it...another time, I was in a store, again, not thinking of him at all, when someone next to me YELLED his name out (to someone else with the same name lol)..It was really crazy, and even though I haven't heard from the man in ages, I still see signs of him a lot.  some days stronger than others.  I often wonder if that means he's thinking of me or the universe is trying to tell me something.

ladya

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 08:31:06 PM »
I don't believe in coincidences. From my experience its usually a sign or that theyre thinking of me, like a reassuring hug. I have different signs and numbers that symbolize different things. It's really individual and it will take time for you to decipher what the different meanings are. For me the more signs I see usually correlates to that I'm manifesting heavy in that moment so to keep thoughts positive. I've had those numbers present throughout my life but never realized until i became aware and looked back at the significance of that number during certain time periods. Everyone's situation is different and their experience with these synchronicities will be different but my experience has been similiar to yours tacobelle. its also good to ask others who had similiar things happen with their signs itll usually show youre kind of in similiar situations. i usually find psychics who have been through what i have and they guide me. its like the universe directs me to them. this happens with readers on youtube as well. the reverse has happened as well where people have been guided to me and they were going through what i've been through. the universe works in mysterious ways.

Offline tacobelle914

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 09:00:15 PM »
@ladya that is an interesting perspective!

I definitely do believe I am receiving signs, as they have indicated certain things that have manifested.
Though it can be a bit overwhelming at times, it often does feel like direct communication.

I'm glad to see others with similar experiences, as it makes me feel a bit less 'out there' haha. :)

Offline doubleoh8

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 10:07:54 PM »
I am having a strange thing happening... I have also seen / received signs for as long as I can remember and sometimes they feel meaningful and I 'get' them, other times I am pretty sure it's a sign but I am confused and other times I'm not clear they are....

Anyway, the strange thing is around a guy with is NOT a poi to me, but I think I am to him. He displays all the traits and behaviours that I am all too familiar with, having been on the other end, of being at least interested and possibly a bit obsessive about me. We've had a bunch of crazy coincidences and synchronicities and a recent one was around a number that I have had some weird connection to ... not my whole life... but since I was married 20 years ago. It was in fact my ex's hockey jersey #, then became my first PIN# and is still a password I use frequently. Then I started to just see it all over the place. And it's one of those signs I DON'T get. I can't tell if it's a positive or a negative or a neutral or a warning ... or what, which I find quite exasperating! Anyway, reverse POI just blurted out the number recently -- said it was his favourite # and when I asked why he just said: 'I don't know. That's always been my number.'

This person drives me crazy... like makes my skin crawl and I can't be around him for very long without getting supremely irritated. Yet I don't cut him out altogether (he does all the initiating contact and I DON'T give false hope or anything -- I am very honest with him, but I will have an occasional coffee or lunch with him). But I am trying to figure out:
a) what's with that number; and
b) why is this irritating guy in my life???

Anyone have any suggestions? I haven't asked psychics about him and don't intend to go down that path, but am curious to know if anyone has an insight. My thoughts are that he's there to teach me how not to be with a poi, it's just so off-putting!

Offline doubleoh8

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 02:59:34 AM »
Anyone have any suggestions? I haven't asked psychics about him and don't intend to go down that path, but am curious to know if anyone has an insight. My thoughts are that he's there to teach me how not to be with a poi, it's just so off-putting!

I don't know what it represents for you...but I had a reverse poi for a few years (mutual friend of my ex.) I told him off in the beginning but later felt guilty about it and tried to be more friendly with him. I thought eventually he would see on his own that we weren't compatible...nope! That kind of mirrored the situation with my ex because I was not seeing and accepting that we weren't compatible either.

And when we broke up, this other guy stepped right up...and even though I wasn't interested in him, and I kept asking myself, is the universe trying to tell me something? One of those, one door closes, another one opens type of things? And pretty soon I realized, it was no such thing. But my wondering about that, was what was leaving the door open to this guy...basically my own self-doubt, guilt, and willingness to let "the universe" tell me something instead of going with my own clear and unmistakeable feelings. That was the point, I just needed to go with my own instincts instead of looking for a "sign" to tell me what was up.

I got lots of signs about my ex, and I still get them...and while that may mean something on an energetic level, I mean I know I will always feel a strong connection with him...it doesn't mean we are supposed to be together, or that I'll hear from him or anything like that.

Thanks for responding ST. I am clear I'm not attracted to this guy, but the guilt and self-doubt do factor in and I think those are related to needing to trust myself, as you say, and not trying to override what I know.

Offline doubleoh8

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 06:09:17 AM »
I am having a strange thing happening... I have also seen / received signs for as long as I can remember and sometimes they feel meaningful and I 'get' them, other times I am pretty sure it's a sign but I am confused and other times I'm not clear they are....

Anyway, the strange thing is around a guy with is NOT a poi to me, but I think I am to him. He displays all the traits and behaviours that I am all too familiar with, having been on the other end, of being at least interested and possibly a bit obsessive about me. We've had a bunch of crazy coincidences and synchronicities and a recent one was around a number that I have had some weird connection to ... not my whole life... but since I was married 20 years ago. It was in fact my ex's hockey jersey #, then became my first PIN# and is still a password I use frequently. Then I started to just see it all over the place. And it's one of those signs I DON'T get. I can't tell if it's a positive or a negative or a neutral or a warning ... or what, which I find quite exasperating! Anyway, reverse POI just blurted out the number recently -- said it was his favourite # and when I asked why he just said: 'I don't know. That's always been my number.'

This person drives me crazy... like makes my skin crawl and I can't be around him for very long without getting supremely irritated. Yet I don't cut him out altogether (he does all the initiating contact and I DON'T give false hope or anything -- I am very honest with him, but I will have an occasional coffee or lunch with him). But I am trying to figure out:

Why do you meet up with him if he makes your skin crawl? I think the signs are present there to teach you not to settle. I don’t believe in the notion of giving someone a chance. Never did never will. To me that’s settling and a waste of my time as well as his.  The connection is either there or it’s not. I’ve had plenty of people have me as their POI but I never had any synchronicities around it cause we’ll theres no significance. I had a guy once that made my skin crawl. His presence bothered me but I literally could curse him out and he’d be googly-eyed. I couldn’t avoid him completely because we had mutual friends but I told him numerous times he’s not my type and nothing will ever happen and he tried for years ::).

So for the record I am not giving him a chance and nor am I considering settling for someone (anyone) I'm not into. This person is a close neighbour and we have friends in common... and I considered him a friend at one point (I thought we might be able to be friends as I was very clear about my feelings right from day one and he dates a lot, so I wasn't taking him that seriously), but he acts out so much that I've backed off and now am seeing it's unlikely we'll be more than acquaintances. Which is fine... but the synchronicities did confuse me (not as in, I thought I "should" date him -- they simply confused me).

As for the skin crawl comment, that was a bit harsh and is isn't all the time, but he is very touchy-feely with me and my impulsive reaction is to shrink away whenever he tries to hug me, touch an arm etc.

Lastly, I have known this person about 7 or 8 months and I tend to be very trusting and open ... so it's taken me a while to realize that no matter how clearly I think I'm communicating we're on completely different pages.

ladya

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 01:11:53 PM »

Why do you meet up with him if he makes your skin crawl? I think the signs are present there to teach you not to settle. I don’t believe in the notion of giving someone a chance. Never did never will. To me that’s settling and a waste of my time as well as his.  The connection is either there or it’s not. I’ve had plenty of people have me as their POI but I never had any synchronicities around it cause we’ll theres no significance. I had a guy once that made my skin crawl. His presence bothered me but I literally could curse him out and he’d be googly-eyed. I couldn’t avoid him completely because we had mutual friends but I told him numerous times he’s not my type and nothing will ever happen and he tried for years ::).

So for the record I am not giving him a chance and nor am I considering settling for someone (anyone) I'm not into. This person is a close neighbour and we have friends in common... and I considered him a friend at one point (I thought we might be able to be friends as I was very clear about my feelings right from day one and he dates a lot, so I wasn't taking him that seriously), but he acts out so much that I've backed off and now am seeing it's unlikely we'll be more than acquaintances. Which is fine... but the synchronicities did confuse me (not as in, I thought I "should" date him -- they simply confused me).

As for the skin crawl comment, that was a bit harsh and is isn't all the time, but he is very touchy-feely with me and my impulsive reaction is to shrink away whenever he tries to hug me, touch an arm etc.

Lastly, I have known this person about 7 or 8 months and I tend to be very trusting and open ... so it's taken me a while to realize that no matter how clearly I think I'm communicating we're on completely different pages.

Ahh Okk. Was just trying to understand where you were coming from. Some men don’t really understand no. Maybe that’s just his character. He’s perhaps very touchy-feely.

Offline hope36

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 02:21:36 AM »
I used to see signs of my first POI everywhere, I mean it was crazy.  Not just one thing either, several different things that were strong reminders of him.  I remember once I was walking along not even thinking of him or anything related, when a truck passed by with his astrological sign in HUGE letters on it...another time, I was in a store, again, not thinking of him at all, when someone next to me YELLED his name out (to someone else with the same name lol)..It was really crazy, and even though I haven't heard from the man in ages, I still see signs of him a lot.  some days stronger than others.  I often wonder if that means he's thinking of me or the universe is trying to tell me something.
I've had almost similar things happen. Told myself seeing his name isn't a thing anymore and that I should ignore it always unless its right in front of me screaming at me (he's got a common name) literally, minutes later as am walking to work, this huge truck with poi's name written across the container in bold - right in front of me! I haven't seen that truck ever, it was the name of some remodeling company that was redoing a restaurant on the way to my work  ::)
And someone else screaming his name at the train station I get on usually, when am thinking about poi..
oh man.. so. many. signs (or random things i just notice now because we are not in touch, and I can never stop thinking about him)
I wish he didn't have such a common name.. lol