Author Topic: Want to start  (Read 2891 times)

Offline wishes215

Want to start
« on: March 31, 2019, 02:04:38 AM »
for someone who has never read before, what would you suggest I start with, angel cards, tarot etc. if there is something that gives a yes/no answer only, that would do too. Something simples with more concrete answers, leaving less to multiple interpretations. Not sure if there is anything Like that:))

Offline username1111

Re: Want to start
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 06:19:31 PM »
I don't know if you can find some oracle decks with yes/no answers that work well... I tend to think that tarots / oracles like to give context and more complex information. Maybe a pendulum would the work better?
If you are looking to learn the cards, the rider Waite is a good one because you will find tons of resources to build up your skills and afterwards, if you want to keep exploring you can find a variety of tarot decks that are derived from it.
Good luck :)

Offline wishes215

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 07:52:47 PM »
I don't know if you can find some oracle decks with yes/no answers that work well... I tend to think that tarots / oracles like to give context and more complex information. Maybe a pendulum would the work better?
If you are looking to learn the cards, the rider Waite is a good one because you will find tons of resources to build up your skills and afterwards, if you want to keep exploring you can find a variety of tarot decks that are derived from it.
Good luck :)

Thank u! I thought abt a pendulum too. Could u recommend one that has worked for u?

Offline username1111

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 07:54:30 PM »
Sorry, I don't use any. I prefer to read with the cards... Maybe there are members in this board that will have good tips for you :)
Good luck

Offline happyk

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 12:26:42 AM »
I love tarot. I have this new deck called Celestial tarot and they are so beautiful. Have you thought about runes? One of my coworker said runes are very accurate too but I have no idea how they work.

Offline wishes215

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 05:39:47 AM »
I love tarot. I have this new deck called Celestial tarot and they are so beautiful. Have you thought about runes? One of my coworker said runes are very accurate too but I have no idea how they work.

I used to read with rune mistress on buy wine and she was quite accurate for me. How accurate is ur tarot reading?

Offline happyk

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 04:25:44 PM »

I used to read with rune mistress on buy wine and she was quite accurate for me. How accurate is ur tarot reading?

They seemed to be correct in current but I'm no expert. I read for a girl in Australia and my cards kept picking up another female which was true. In my case, with my old deck I kept getting Justice card for myself which showed up in the new one too for the sane question which was also shown in Yona's reading. And once I picked a card with two of pentacles in my mind and I picked that exact card. Idk if that was a coincidence or what but I was shocked. The cards have a lot of symbolism and a few cards match my tattoos so I absolutely love them.

Offline wishes215

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 05:04:53 PM »
Ha ha nice!

They seemed to be correct in current but I'm no expert. I read for a girl in Australia and my cards kept picking up another female which was true. In my case, with my old deck I kept getting Justice card for myself which showed up in the new one too for the sane question which was also shown in Yona's reading. And once I picked a card with two of pentacles in my mind and I picked that exact card. Idk if that was a coincidence or what but I was shocked. The cards have a lot of symbolism and a few cards match my tattoos so I absolutely love them.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 05:43:18 PM »
for someone who has never read before, what would you suggest I start with, angel cards, tarot etc. if there is something that gives a yes/no answer only, that would do too. Something simples with more concrete answers, leaving less to multiple interpretations. Not sure if there is anything Like that:))

Tarot is tends not to be concrete, lol, but if you do decide to learn tarot I would suggest using a classic Rider Waite style deck.

You might like Lenormand. I'm not too familiar with it but many people find it more straightforward than tarot.

Lenormand is better for concrete answers, and there are systems to help determine timing but I haven't really tried them. In general though it has some of the same limitations as with tarot. Some cards suggest something evolving over a long time (anchor), some things suggest something happening quickly (scythe) but not always, and other than that, it's not definitive. The best way to do timing seems to be to incorporate it within your question - ie, will X happen in the next 6 months?

Offline Beesa

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 03:32:08 AM »
True, tarot isn't cut and dry. And I agree with Rider-Waite - it's the most basic one to start with. You can learn basics and then get creative with it later. If you find yourself drawn to a particular deck though, try it. You never know, sometimes the artworks speak to people and then they really connect with it.
Best thing I have found with cards is trying to have as clear a mind as possible when reading which is obviously very challenging at times when you really really feel the need to have an answer haha. But it's still important to try and not be anxious because cards do have a tendency of mirroring back our mental/emotional states. I know more than once or twice I have managed to scare the heck out of myself with negativity in my reads because I came at the tarot in a panicked state and it just reflected it back at me and I was a complete mess at the end  :P

Offline wishes215

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 05:16:31 AM »
Thank you everyone! Will look into ur recommendations