Author Topic: How do you do timing with tarot?  (Read 3250 times)

Offline username1111

How do you do timing with tarot?
« on: April 08, 2019, 07:08:55 PM »
Curious for you who read tarot if you try to read timing, and if so what do you use?

I have tried on and off the following:
- Asking questions with time included - like: What is coming in April for...?
- Using the card's: Key Dates, Timing, and Astrology - they can be found on trustedtarot.com
- Using a dedicated deck as in Nisaba's Timing Method: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=151427

What's your approach?

Offline Just FYI

Re: How do you do timing with tarot?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 11:04:39 AM »
I don’t think there’s a way to reliably do timing with tarot. Rules of thumb are just as described in the Tarot Forum link you listed. Pentacles are slow, cups second slow, then I’ve seen interpretations that sometimes suggest swords are faster than wands.  I’ve asked the cards so many times about when things will happen... I think it’s just not meant for us to know. Now when I find myself fretting over when something will happen and want to consult tarot, I ask what I need to do to make something happen faster or ensure that it turns out the way I’d like.

Offline username1111

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 05:40:11 PM »
Thanks @Still tired and @Just FYI for your replies :)

I also don't do timing often and usually do it just as an addition to a broader reading.

What is don't like about the Nisaba's Timing method is that it would cover anything from 1 day to 14 years... and honestly, I think energies can be felt more on a shorter timeframe - past 5 or 6 months, it's difficult to predict anything in my opinion.

Using key Dates, timing and astrology for minor arcana, and using major arcanas for no timing but to points to something that needs to happen for the event to unfold seems to be more likely to work for me. It would cover 1 year timeframe with 56 cards, and 22 events if time is dependent on a specific condition. I will try to stick to stick to this method for a while and see if it comes close to accurate or not.

Offline happyk

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 04:38:23 AM »
I've kinda tried following this one

https://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=151427

Offline username1111

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 05:24:42 PM »

I have looked at it too, but predictions over a 14 years timeframe seems very shaky to me.

Offline happyk

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 06:03:44 PM »

I have looked at it too, but predictions over a 14 years timeframe seems very shaky to me.

Sorry, User 😂😂. But imagine something happening exactly 14 years later 😱. Not trying to make fun of anything but your response just make me lmao. Whatever you said is really true  although max  would be 10 years?? Just as stupid though.

Offline username1111

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 06:35:28 PM »

Sorry, User 😂😂. But imagine something happening exactly 14 years later 😱. Not trying to make fun of anything but your response just make me lmao. Whatever you said is really true  although max  would be 10 years?? Just as stupid though.

I tend to think that energies are fluids, that people have free will and that there are a great amount of possibilities and that nothing is written in stones. So for me, readings (tarot / psychics) and timings are only giving the highest probability (at a certain point in time) for future events to happen.
So the further out you go, the more the complexification and the less the accuracy. My 2 cents :)

Thats why i would do 1 year max with the minor arcanas - and use the major arcanas for no-time given, but to describe a situation or something that needs to be resolved first before things can progress.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 06:38:03 PM by username1111 »

Offline Beesa

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 03:08:36 AM »
The Wheel and the 8 of wands often mean something happens quickly. Wands are associated with swiftness, especially the 8, the ace, and sometimes the 6. The knights also often represent movement and action.
That's off the top of my head. I don't always think it's evident to see how quickly things will happen but if you get these cards consistently, then swiftness is usually more likely. I usually associate some major arcana with events happening more quickly but a lot of this is how you for instance program your cards after a few reads, meaning if you assign additional ones to quickness, then they will show like that.

The slower ones or slowish events tend to be the 7 of pentacles or the 2 or 4. Swords can do that as well, except for the ace of swords. Cups as well, except for the 3 which I usually associate with urgent emotion meaning urgency with a situation. Same with the 9 of cups which says you will get what you want.
The moon for me at leasts means things are in a suspended state indefinitely. As well as the Fool, High Priestess. That's all I can remember for now.

Again I think it's kind of got to do with if you connect to your cards and can sort of have them speak to you to tell you what's slow what's fast, etc. Keeping other cards in context with the reads will give a clearer idea of the timing.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:26:15 AM by Beesa »

Offline username1111

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 05:40:50 PM »
The Wheel and the 8 of wands often mean something happens quickly. Wands are associated with swiftness, especially the 8, the ace, and sometimes the 6. The knights also often represent movement and action.
That's off the top of my head. I don't always think it's evident to see how quickly things will happen but if you get these cards consistently, then swiftness is usually more likely. I usually associate some major arcana with events happening more quickly but a lot of this is how you for instance program your cards after a few reads, meaning if you assign additional ones to quickness, then they will show like that.

The slower ones or slowish events tend to be the 7 of pentacles or the 2 or 4. Swords can do that as well, except for the ace of swords. Cups as well, except for the 3 which I usually associate with urgent emotion meaning urgency with a situation. Same with the 9 of cups which says you will get what you want.
The moon for me at leasts means things are in a suspended state indefinitely. As well as the Fool, High Priestess. That's all I can remember for now.

Again I think it's kind of got to do with if you connect to your cards and can sort of have them speak to you to tell you what's slow what's fast, etc. Keeping other cards in context with the reads will give a clearer idea of the timing.

Cool. Thanks for sharing your way. Thats very interesting. It looks to me that it is also the most suggestive way to go and probably the hardest to be precise with, have you had good results with it?
Thats why I like to have a completely different deck and system to do timing. But I haven't collected enough feedback / validation yet to know if it is efficient or not.

Offline Beesa

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 12:42:13 AM »
Good results with what, the method I wrote about in the above post? Yes, it's pretty much worked for me. Taking other cards into consideration with it of course.

anything