Author Topic: Let Go  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Just FYI

Let Go
« on: March 13, 2019, 12:00:55 PM »
It's so hard to let go of expectations and deep deep insecurities, and this is one of those times that I get anxious and seek a psychic reading. I start telling myself ridiculous things, like my best friend is going to abandon me (I swear I'm not 14 years old, but the 14 year old in me is super needy when it comes to my closest friends), my business partner hates me, people I spent the evening with think I'm annoying.

Where does this come from? The belief that I'm not enough? And who knows where that came from... well, I know where that comes from but that's a long conversation that is a lot of oversharing and I'm only coming to terms with my parent's parenting style. It would be easy to blame them, but they only did what they knew to do. It's up to me to be more aware of my triggers and react differently - choose to let go, move forward, trust that if I present my real self to the world then I've truly done my best.

Offline alphabetsoup

Re: Let Go
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 02:53:52 PM »
Our self limiting beliefs are forming between the ages of 0-7 so it makes sense they would be very childlike.  What really helped me with limiting beliefs was positive affirmations.  At first they seem very foreign and unbelievable, but over time they start to sink into your head and you'll begin to find evidence that the affirmations could be true to you.  Until one day you find yourself believing and your mood shifting.  YouTube is a good place to start with this.  Agnes Vivareli has been life changing for me,  now I actively seek out limiting beliefs so I can crush them, through affirmations.

Offline Just FYI

Re: Let Go
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 02:38:18 AM »
Thanks that is a good attitude to have!

anything