Author Topic: Blocked before chat began? Or am I not blocked?? (BitWine)  (Read 1915 times)

Offline flora0250

Blocked before chat began? Or am I not blocked?? (BitWine)
« on: March 13, 2019, 01:42:29 AM »
So weird. I was trying to reach a BitWine advisor who I never chatted with before and don’t want to name, and at first they didn’t accept my chat. Thought they were just maybe logging off or something. Saw them on a little bit later and tried again and it just rang and rang so I eventually hung up. But saw the advisor busy a minute or so later. So waited again until later in the night, an hour or so maybe? Long story short at one point my chat was accepted and immediately ended and I think I retried and got a message I was blocked! I was really surprised since I never even exchanged any chat with them!

But then I went to hit the back button and it started to try to connect me again - totally not intentional but since I thought I was blocked I waited to see what would happen. I either didn’t connect or got a message the advisor couldn’t take the chat right now.

Anyway I was suprised because I thought I was blocked now! Lol ugh. So I tried again because I was trying to figure out if I was blocked and this time just got a message saying the advisor couldn’t accept my chat right now.

So I don’t know - obviously I’m not trying to reach them again tonight! But I am trying to figure out what the heck happened. Why would an advisor block you before even chatting to at least say I’m sorry I don’t feel a connection? And does the fact that I got an “advisor can’t connect with you now” message mean I’m no longer blocked but just that they weren’t accepting my chat right now and I could try another day or something?

I have never not paid, always left positive reviews on the very few chats I’ve had so there isn’t anything in my account history that I would think would be any reason why an advisor would want to reject me.

Weird. I don’t want to bother the advisor but if I’m not blocked I’d still like the chance to have a reading some time!

Anyone have any guesses? Thanks :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:49:43 AM by flora0250 »

Offline naturegirl

Re: Blocked before chat began? Or am I not blocked?? (BitWine)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 04:56:34 AM »
You'll get a distinct message if you're blocked. Bitwine has technical issues sometimes and if it's saying they can't accept your chat then maybe you are trying from your phone and need to try from a desktop or they are just having issues. I was once blocked and it gave me a message telling me that I'd been blocked immediately, but I've had those other messages multiple times and you can just try again another day. Also, if you do get blocked you can still message them and ask what's up. They may not respond, but when I messaged the advisor that blocked me she replied and then unblocked me. Hope this helps.

Offline applecheeks

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 06:15:57 AM »
Their chat system has been really glitchy and has had connection issues ever since they released a new version last year.  Also, they have a way for readers to filter/ block calls from clients who haven't been paying, so that is a way a person can be blocked from calling a reader they have not talked to before. Not saying that is the issue you have (most likely chat glitches), but it is something that can happen.

Offline flora0250

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 10:35:42 AM »
Thanks - not sure but I’ll try from a desktop next time and wait a few days at least. If I’m still blocked I’ll send a message. Thanks again.

Offline happyk

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 10:29:40 PM »
If you're blocked you won't be able to send a message to the reader either. I had to send messages to two advisors from a different account to have them unblock me. I read here somewhere that readers are not allowed to disconnect or something so they block us. They unblocked me after I sent them messages and said they never blocked me and it was a tech issue 🤷🏻‍♀️

Offline flora0250

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 10:39:15 PM »
If you're blocked you won't be able to send a message to the reader either. I had to send messages to two advisors from a different account to have them unblock me. I read here somewhere that readers are not allowed to disconnect or something so they block us. They unblocked me after I sent them messages and said they never blocked me and it was a tech issue 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks so much - is it weird that I first got a message saying I was blocked and then got a message saying they couldn’t take my call right now? If I was still blocked wouldn’t I get the same blocked message instead of that they couldn’t take my call?

Offline happyk

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 10:42:14 PM »
Aahhhh I don't remember too well, honestly but I'd assume it would be a you're blocked message. Who are you trying to read with? I've been blocked by a few readers and I'm hella nice lol.