Author Topic: Mercury Retrograde  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Love2lovenj

Mercury Retrograde
« on: March 01, 2019, 07:21:43 PM »
Do you all believe in it? Do you really feel it affects things.  I don't really follow any of that stuff but would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on it.

Offline Fidget1028

Re: Mercury Retrograde
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 07:35:50 PM »
It's funny. I don't necessarily follow or believe in it but a friend always has crap happen as retrograde starts. We're friends on Facebook and she doesn't follow astronomy, but she'll always say "is the are retrograde happening, because xxxxx just happened" and it always is. Today her antique mirror fell off the wall and she posted "is there a retrograde again???" Lmao...yes Anita, there is.

ladya

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 05:13:08 AM »
I am a 100% believer in the planets and their effect on us. However, they all affect us differently. There’s too many nuances involved to make generalizations. The best way to see for yourself if it’s playing a role is go back to previous retrograde dates and see if anything happened. Or note down any future ones. I like doing the going back in time because you’re less likely to make things fit. This is what I did with a lot of astrology when I first got into it. Observe it in your own life or others around you. I never lose my phone or anything really but everytime I traced back to me losing my phone it was a mercury retro. Coincidence, possibly? But I don’t believe in coincidences. I observed similar things from other people I know as well. I rem one of the last mercury retros, I was driving home and I saw like 3 cars broken down on the way in a matter of like a 10 min drive home and I completely forgot it was mercury retro at the time and I rem even think to myself this is odd and I got home and remembered it was mercury retro. They also werent new cars which is usually what breaks down during the retro. Things that are no longer working.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:22:14 AM by ladya »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 12:29:16 AM »
People always want to associate certain occurrences happening to give reasons as to why some things turn out the way they do. I'm sure miscommunications, things breaking down, or lost objects happen outside of the retrograde, so what's the excuse then?  I’ve also known people to get overly tied down by things like this and not living their lives by staying at home. It’s just ridiculous imo.

If you never knew about some retrograde before you heard about it or it became known to you, most of us would have never associated occurrences happening due to the retrograde to begin with.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 12:31:13 AM by HornetKick »

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 12:42:46 AM »
Yes i honestly never heard anything about it until these last few months of readings.  Advisors saying things might be pushed back a few days or plans may fall through because of it.

ladya

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 12:58:59 AM »
People always want to associate certain occurrences happening to give reasons as to why some things turn out the way they do. I'm sure miscommunications, things breaking down, or lost objects happen outside of the retrograde, so what's the excuse then?  I’ve also known people to get overly tied down by things like this and not living their lives by staying at home. It’s just ridiculous imo.

If you never knew about some retrograde before you heard about it or it became known to you, most of us would have never associated occurrences happening due to the retrograde to begin with.

I don't think anyone should get overly tied down by things like this but I think its a good precaution when it comes to double checking things, traveling, sending important emails or any important tasks. If you can utilize the planets to have the best advantage, why wouldn't you? It's all tools that are accessible to better our lives. When im planning on scheduling anything important, I always check transits and its relation to my chart. Anything can happen but I believe in utilizing all the potential there is in life for the best possible outcome.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 03:35:10 AM »
Yeah, but that's not how life works. There is no way possible to plan for everything that could possibly happen in life. My point was that unexpectant forces can happen within and outside of a retrograde. There is no validity in these tools any more than the forecast of rain. It might happen, then again it might not.

If you feel the retrograde is believable and it impacts your life in some way, you are free to do so. 

Offline happyk

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 06:34:35 AM »
I am a 100% believer in the planets and their effect on us. However, they all affect us differently. There’s too many nuances involved to make generalizations. The best way to see for yourself if it’s playing a role is go back to previous retrograde dates and see if anything happened. Or note down any future ones. I like doing the going back in time because you’re less likely to make things fit. This is what I did with a lot of astrology when I first got into it. Observe it in your own life or others around you. I never lose my phone or anything really but everytime I traced back to me losing my phone it was a mercury retro. Coincidence, possibly? But I don’t believe in coincidences. I observed similar things from other people I know as well. I rem one of the last mercury retros, I was driving home and I saw like 3 cars broken down on the way in a matter of like a 10 min drive home and I completely forgot it was mercury retro at the time and I rem even think to myself this is odd and I got home and remembered it was mercury retro. They also werent new cars which is usually what breaks down during the retro. Things that are no longer working.

@ladya Wouldn't people be affected by retrogrades differently according to the placement of planets in their charts? My Saturn is not that good, so when Saturn retrograded instead of it being bad, I actually felt a little better. In case of Mercury retrograde, I would think that there could be problems and interferences in technology and stuff but not bad a personal level for everyone. What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear an explanation from you :)

ladya

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 01:58:23 PM »

@ladya Wouldn't people be affected by retrogrades differently according to the placement of planets in their charts? My Saturn is not that good, so when Saturn retrograded instead of it being bad, I actually felt a little better. In case of Mercury retrograde, I would think that there could be problems and interferences in technology and stuff but not bad a personal level for everyone. What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear an explanation from you :)

Ye! I said there’s too many nuances to say how it will affect generally. Like I hate when mars Retros because I always feel less energy because it’s so strong in my chart and I’m very on the go, let’s get this done person. Everyone’s chart is different. Mercury doesn’t just represent technology it’s also our nerves and conscious mind. Selma Blair coming out about her MS around this time. Mercury represents a lot more than just technology. Along with moon, afflicted mercury is a major cause of a lot of nerve or mental disorders.

Offline LAW1974

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 03:20:53 PM »
I subscribe to Psychic Wills horoscopes and he just sent out a great horoscope email today actually breaking down how the retrograde affects each sign......  It was interesting to me.  I read all of them to see if they were different.  It definitely seemed as if it affects some signs more than others. 

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 03:21:57 PM »
I got it too. It's interesting.

ladya

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 04:25:10 PM »
I subscribe to Psychic Wills horoscopes and he just sent out a great horoscope email today actually breaking down how the retrograde affects each sign......  It was interesting to me.  I read all of them to see if they were different.  It definitely seemed as if it affects some signs more than others.

Ye because certain signs are ruled by certain planets. You should always read it from your ascendant sign and not your sun sign. Ascendant for physical reality and moon for how you’ll interpret whatever is happening.

Offline happyk

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 10:10:20 PM »

Ye! I said there’s too many nuances to say how it will affect generally. Like I hate when mars Retros because I always feel less energy because it’s so strong in my chart and I’m very on the go, let’s get this done person. Everyone’s chart is different. Mercury doesn’t just represent technology it’s also our nerves and conscious mind. Selma Blair coming out about her MS around this time. Mercury represents a lot more than just technology. Along with moon, afflicted mercury is a major cause of a lot of nerve or mental disorders.

I know and communication too! It's currently transiting through my fourth house and since it's a benefic, its making me a little bit nervous by retrograding.

Offline applecheeks

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 08:54:32 AM »
I personally don't buy into it.... or astrology in general. I find it hard to believe that everyone born at a certain time will have the same personality traits and future paths. We are individually  products of our environments, experiences, choices etc....

ladya

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 02:05:47 PM »
I personally don't buy into it.... or astrology in general. I find it hard to believe that everyone born at a certain time will have the same personality traits and future paths. We are individually  products of our environments, experiences, choices etc....

Each person has a natal chart as individual and unique as a thumbprint. It is incredibly complex and personal if you know how to study a chart. "Sun sign" astrology is not real astrology.

Agreed and also everyone has their own karma in this life. Even when you analyze twins, there’s ways to analyze the older twin from the younger twin. Astrology is highly complex and there’s divisional charts that add another layer.

anything