Author Topic: No psychic until April Fool's Day Challenge.  (Read 1653 times)

WinterElf

No psychic until April Fool's Day Challenge.
« on: February 25, 2019, 04:32:51 PM »
Ugh :-[ :-[ :'( :(, i cracked and called a psychic today. Even if i was not as emotional about what they said, I was like damn... I gave in.  It was a psychic everyone was raving about so I called her.  I know I should not be calling these people.  I looked around at the people in my life and they are all in relationships because they live in the moment and while it might hurt when they have some relationship issues, they never call psychics.  During my 20 years of calling them, they always say it's not him but the next one. You know how tiring that can be when they say he is not the one but the one after? It wears on you and I really want to kick this addiction.  I make up for the difference by doing Rideshare after my full time job so that it doesn't make a dent in my finances. 

No psychic readings from Tomorrow to April 1st is my deal...  Anyone want to join me?  Before truly getting addicted, I would go cold turkey for 3 months with little to no issue but as I have gotten older, it's gotten worse.  Meditation and watching manifestation videos helped me slow down last week.

1. Even if they give you free minutes, don't call.
2. Before doing the challenge, cut down on the list of people in your queue so afterwards, you wont be so tempted to call when you have several people available on your page.
3. Calculate how much you spent on Psychics and use half of what you spent towards savings and the other half towards clothing or things you enjoy for the upcoming months.
4. Try to avoid looking at the site and when you feel a need to go to a psychic, take a deep breath and know that things wont change after the reading other than your bank account.
5. Tell a friend or someone close to you about the challenge so that you can be accountable. 
6.Think about all the wonderful things you can do with the money you spend on psychics such as going on a trip, getting a new outfit or bag, going out to a meetup or bar etc.

Offline Kat23

Re: No psychic until April Fool's Day Challenge.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 06:35:09 PM »
Instead of calling psychics, you could call your POI and offered all dinner expenses paid and you can hear from the horses mouth ..
You could rent a date, a boyfriend and who knows you might enjoy the company and live life...
Don't let the moment pass you by waiting for a ghost...

WinterElf

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 08:21:02 PM »
lol Who said I didn't have a date ?  ;) ;) 
I do get out though and my last reading was positive.  My issue is that I dont like calling in. I want to stop.

josh34

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 11:08:35 PM »
Dont beat yourself up for it Winter! We all have weak moments <3 even the strongest of us do. What makes us really strong is accepting that we did whatever we didnt want to do, and realize that it happened, and continuing to stay positive!
You're in my thoughts <3 keep positive:)

WinterElf

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 05:29:38 AM »
thank you Josh. I appreciate the kind words.   :) :)

Offline jas

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 12:23:46 AM »
Winter - my addition is equally as bad.  I am fortunate that I have a lot of disposable income, so it doesn't really impact my standard of living....but still it is such a waste and I am trying my best to stop.  I need to set a goal as you have done.  How is going so far?

WinterElf

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 05:50:30 PM »
IT is rough.  I feel like crying all the time and because of my addiction, I am short on rent and I have to do a part -time job to make it up ASAP. 
It is hard but I know that calling them only makes things worse for me on so many levels.  I do have anxiety also but I try to manage it with breathing techniques  etc.
I am feeling vulnerable now because of a relationship that didnt pan out this month which is why I went on a binge.  This is so hard but I must stay away from them.

I feel your pain. This addiction is not fun at all.

WinterElf

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 06:08:34 PM »
Even if this forum is helping me a lot, I can't even look at the psychic reviews for who was right or not because it triggers me to go to Keen again and check it out and then I get tempted to get a reading with this person that everyone swears by.   :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline jas

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 11:16:05 PM »
Winter - I feel your pain, truly.  I am always looking for someone to tell me everything is okay and it is all going to work out - both professionally and romantically.  I appreciate the few psychics that are my regulars....but still, it is an exhausting habit.  I wish I could scan my bank statements and show you how bad it was a few years ago. 

What has helped a little bit lately is this; when I feel like I absolutely have to call right now, I stop, take a deep breath and say to myself "what is the question I want to ask the psychic".  Then I tell myself that the question can wait until Saturday.  It isn't much but it is helping.

OH, and one more thing.  I was in a psychic's anonymous group a few years back.   It was a few weeks before Christmas and one of the members sent out an urgent email.  It was so sad.  She was a single mother with two children and because of a breakup, she went on an $800 calling binge.  She had nothing left to buyer her children any presents with for Christmas and she was feeling suicidal.  Several of us sent her our phone number and said call right away, please.  She was in the UK so couldn't call any of us in the US.  I still think about how awful she must have been feeling.  So, although you and I have wasted massive amounts of money, just remember that is could be worse.

WinterElf

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 04:33:22 AM »
Winter - I feel your pain, truly.  I am always looking for someone to tell me everything is okay and it is all going to work out - both professionally and romantically.  I appreciate the few psychics that are my regulars....but still, it is an exhausting habit.  I wish I could scan my bank statements and show you how bad it was a few years ago. 

What has helped a little bit lately is this; when I feel like I absolutely have to call right now, I stop, take a deep breath and say to myself "what is the question I want to ask the psychic".  Then I tell myself that the question can wait until Saturday.  It isn't much but it is helping.

OH, and one more thing.  I was in a psychic's anonymous group a few years back.   It was a few weeks before Christmas and one of the members sent out an urgent email.  It was so sad.  She was a single mother with two children and because of a breakup, she went on an $800 calling binge.  She had nothing left to buyer her children any presents with for Christmas and she was feeling suicidal.  Several of us sent her our phone number and said call right away, please.  She was in the UK so couldn't call any of us in the US.  I still think about how awful she must have been feeling.  So, although you and I have wasted massive amounts of money, just remember that is could be worse.

Thank you Jas so much and for everyone who contributed to this thread.  I keep crying as I release this addiction.   I lost my pets when i was overseas because i could only afford to take one home after my psychic calling binge. They are now with good families but I miss my little two friends.  I feel so sorry for that mom and even if she loves her kids with all her heart, the addiction convinces you that you will be okay.  I hope you feel better Jas.  I know how it can feel hopeless and even when you get a good reading, you still dont believe them.  You are not alone.