Author Topic: The riots upset and needing hope!  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Jenjen

The riots upset and needing hope!
« on: June 08, 2020, 01:30:32 AM »
Today I had to get a reading ...the riots and volience has broken my thoughts? Anyone else feeling
Shaken as myself? Racing thoughts!
J.

Offline Jenjen

Re: The riots upset and needing hope!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 01:07:07 AM »
This is freaking me out! All this violence!

Offline alphabetsoup

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 09:52:55 PM »
Are you looking for hope to end the systematic racism, and justice for Floyd, Breonna, and Auhmaud among others?  Or are you looking for hope that it will stop and life will go right back to normal?  Just curious

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 10:55:43 PM »
If anything, there’s no return to normal. The protests have opened my eyes to what’s happening, which was always there but I was unaware (I’m Woke Late). Everything happening all at once (pandemic and protests just to name two big things) is overwhelming, so I hear you on that point Jenjen.

But we can’t go back to how it was. With all this downtime and tons of time locked in my house I’ve had plenty of time to see how lucky I’ve been - I’ve generally chosen my path in life, and had so many options open to me whereas others have to worry about sending their teenager out to get skittles, worry about going for a run, can’t even sleep in their own home without the risk of getting shot. Others have limited options for work, so are in the riskiest jobs with little to no coverage during the pandemic. I know there may be many who disagree with me but I honestly think there needs to be a big social reckoning in how we have been doing things. It’s not sustainable.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 11:38:38 PM »
Are you looking for hope to end the systematic racism, and justice for Floyd, Breonna, and Auhmaud among others?  Or are you looking for hope that it will stop and life will go right back to normal?  Just curious

Great questions!!

Offline Jenjen

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 01:07:14 AM »

Thx for the inquiry...normal quite  frankly what is that? I myself and me just what to do more to find hope in myself and others. Our future for more voices to be understood and hear!

Be totally completely honest I afraid. Yes, I want justice. Saddened.

Offline Jenjen

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 01:11:24 AM »
If anything, there’s no return to normal. The protests have opened my eyes to what’s happening, which was always there but I was unaware (I’m Woke Late). Everything happening all at once (pandemic and protests just to name two big things) is overwhelming, so I hear you on that point Jenjen.

But we can’t go back to how it was. With all this downtime and tons of time locked in my house I’ve had plenty of time to see how lucky I’ve been - I’ve generally chosen my path in life, and had so many options open to me whereas others have to worry about sending their teenager out to get skittles, worry about going for a run, can’t even sleep in their own home without the risk of getting shot. Others have limited options for work, so are th in the riskiest jobs with little to no coverage during the pandemic. I know there may be many who disagree with me but I honestly think there needs to be a big social reckoning in how we have been doing things. It’s not sustainable.

Great way of stating " social reckoning". Thx so much for this share. I agree.

Offline Jenjen

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 01:16:21 AM »

Great questions!!

Truly. Truly true. Great questions!📢📢📢

Offline Jenjen

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 05:09:49 AM »
My grandfather swore my whole life before he left this earth when I was 21 that there will be another American Revolution, and my friends I think we are on the dawn that age.
[/quote

Wow...

anything