Author Topic: Fatalism believing your life is already decided  (Read 10636 times)

Offline Clarita

Fatalism believing your life is already decided
« on: February 21, 2019, 08:41:49 AM »
So much on this site is about predictions and asking if predictions or time frames were accurate. I dont believe our lives are mapped out in front of us like that. It takes away the notion of free will. To me, a Psychic will tell you how things are looking and likely to be.

What you decide to do with that and how you choose to act and react is up to you then. A Psychic reading for me isnt someone telling me my life is already decided for me without me being involved in the outcome. That, regardless of what I do or say the same result will happen.

I just dont believe that to be the case. It goes against logic even.

A psychic reading in my view should be an accurate reflection of the situation we are facing with a good sense of where we stand in that situation and a discussion of what we can do.

Guidance and insight is what a good honest Psychic reading is for me. Not telling me my life is decided for me and I'll just have to wait for that to happen and I cant change the outcome.

An expectation that a Psychic is going to tell you what to do or to take your personal power or responsibility over your own life situation is surely not even ethical or fair to yourself let alone this professional you are paying.

Any reading I've had where the Psychic is trying to tell me my future is set in stone waiting to happen I just shake my head and raise an eyebrow. I may well be attracting that path sure, however I believe I have the ability to react in a different way or avoid the path.

ladya

Re: Fatalism believing your life is already decided
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 04:03:07 PM »
Great post!

Offline happyk

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 05:37:14 PM »
Very motivating post. However, as someone who practices astrology, as much as I'd like to believe in freewill, I can't seem to. I fight and I try to take control but in the end, I try to accept the situation. For me if a psychic says freewill, they lose credibility. I can read my chart and see what's to come so for me when I see a psychic, I want them to be able to tell me what potentials the other person can unlock in my life whether it's a love interest or professional life because I don't have their chart.

I wish I could believe in freewill though, I think I'd be happier knowing I'm in control of my destiny. Sigh.

ladya

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 05:59:36 PM »
Very motivating post. However, as someone who practices astrology, as much as I'd like to believe in freewill, I can't seem to. I fight and I try to take control but in the end, I try to accept the situation. For me if a psychic says freewill, they lose credibility. I can read my chart and see what's to come so for me when I see a psychic, I want them to be able to tell me what potentials the other person can unlock in my life whether it's a love interest or professional life because I don't have their chart.

I wish I could believe in freewill though, I think I'd be happier knowing I'm in control of my destiny. Sigh.

Agreed. After I began studying astrology, I realized how much of our lives are predetermined. How many events (both good and bad) happened exactly when they were supposed to. I'm an extremely logical person but when I see over and over again that it works, I can't deny it. I study it in people around me and it works flawlessly. I believe there is some free will but the majority is predestined. There are mantras and things you can do to work with the planets to improve your karmas and what not but even then they say only the people meant to find and utilize them, will. There's a lot of power in astrology and you can't escape your chart, you can only use it and turn it to steer to the best possible destination.

Offline Clarita

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 07:10:45 PM »
A few of you reply and mention free will, the post was about that but a few other things. Like what a good reading is and away from the notion that your life is predetermined so expecting a Psychic to tell you what your life is for you. As if you have no part in your own life? To me its about having the ability to choose to change your path. Even if what you are choosing is to care less! Is that free will? Yes probably. I think a good Psychic should be able to give you clear indication about where you stand but you have freedom to act and react as you want. You can choose to not do anything or stop being interested. Is that free will? I think it is and I think we all have that. So a Psychic can tell you how another person feels and lets you know about your options but its not set in stone what you will do. You can act or react in the situation as you want to. Thats my view.

ladya

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:11:15 PM »
I want to make one important point here. Every time you get a psychic reading or do anything with the occult, it activates certain houses in your chart. I believe this to be a factor as to why some people feel that psychics might bring bad luck to their life. It's not the actual psychics but the activation of that house and it might not be a strong house for you personally. This is the same with anything you think about in life. Some people can drink or do other sorts of drugs and have some of the most spiritual experiences while for others it destroys them. The occult encompasses a lot, not just psychics but I feel that for those who feel that all this stuff has done more harm than good it might be best to stay away from all of it or work on improving those houses.

Offline happyk

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 09:17:06 PM »

Agreed. After I began studying astrology, I realized how much of our lives are predetermined. How many events (both good and bad) happened exactly when they were supposed to. I'm an extremely logical person but when I see over and over again that it works, I can't deny it. I study it in people around me and it works flawlessly. I believe there is some free will but the majority is predestined. There are mantras and things you can do to work with the planets to improve your karmas and what not but even then they say only the people meant to find and utilize them, will. There's a lot of power in astrology and you can't escape your chart, you can only use it and turn it to steer to the best possible destination.

Hi Ladya. We're on the same page. Which astrology do you practice? Eastern or Western?

As much as I want to, LOA feels like a scam, although of course positivity is a great thing, but so is being realistic 🤷🏻‍♀️

ladya

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 09:20:31 PM »

Hi Ladya. We're on the same page. Which astrology do you practice? Eastern or Western?

As much as I want to, LOA feels like a scam, although of course positivity is a great thing, but so is being realistic 🤷🏻‍♀️

I used to study western when i first started but then I got into eastern and never turned back.

Offline happyk

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 09:21:15 PM »

I used to study western when i first started but then I got into eastern and never turned back.

Ditto

ladya

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 09:24:09 PM »
Omg once I started learning about nakshatras and all of that, I was MINDBLOWN. I love it lol. There's a youtuber Claire Nakti. She does videos on how nakshatras affect the appearance and what not and a bunch of other stuff. She is highly knowledgeable. I love her videos.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 09:26:48 PM by ladya »

Offline happyk

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 09:54:03 PM »
Omg once I started learning about nakshatras and all of that, I was MINDBLOWN. I love it lol. There's a youtuber Claire Nakti. She does videos on how nakshatras affect the appearance and what not and a bunch of other stuff. She is highly knowledgeable. I love her videos.
A
And here we think we can control stuff. Freewill is an illusion and things that seem like we're in control are we always supposed to be that way IMHO

ladya

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 03:52:38 AM »
I want to make one important point here. Every time you get a psychic reading or do anything with the occult, it activates certain houses in your chart. I believe this to be a factor as to why some people feel that psychics might bring bad luck to their life. It's not the actual psychics but the activation of that house and it might not be a strong house for you personally. This is the same with anything you think about in life. Some people can drink or do other sorts of drugs and have some of the most spiritual experiences while for others it destroys them. The occult encompasses a lot, not just psychics but I feel that for those who feel that all this stuff has done more harm than good it might be best to stay away from all of it or work on improving those houses.

Yes it is the actual psychics. There's no need to come up with special esoteric reasons why readings turn out to be wrong. There's a very simple explanation, many of these so-called psychics have really mediocre or inconsistent abilities, and psychic ability by its very nature is unreliable.

That’s not at all what I said. I didn’t say anything about psychics being wrong and making excuses for them. You put 2 and 2 together and made 5. I said people say they feel as those negative things start happening after gettin psychic readings. It’s not special esoteric reasons. They actually exist. Want physical proof? look at the moon. It’s reason enough. It controls large bodies of water but think it doesn’t control you lol? You don’t have to believe in it, that’s fine but it doesn’t mean these “esoteric reasons” don’t exist.

ladya

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 05:08:53 AM »

Yes it is the actual psychics. There's no need to come up with special esoteric reasons why readings turn out to be wrong. There's a very simple explanation, many of these so-called psychics have really mediocre or inconsistent abilities, and psychic ability by its very nature is unreliable.

That’s not at all what I said. I didn’t say anything about psychics being wrong and making excuses for them. You put 2 and 2 together and made 5. I said people say they feel as those negative things start happening after gettin psychic readings. It’s not special esoteric reasons. They actually exist. Want physical proof? look at the moon. It’s reason enough. It controls large bodies of water but think it doesn’t control you lol? You don’t have to believe in it, that’s fine but it doesn’t mean these “esoteric reasons” don’t exist.

Psychic readings have a detrimental effect on people's lives for very straightforward reasons. The evidence of that is all over this forum. It's the norm. There is no need to find special explanations for the norm. It just is what it is. It would make more sense to look at what happens in someone's chart when they have accurate readings and predictions coming true and they feel good about getting readings.

I believe in gnostic astrology and the idea that the planets represent negative interference from the archons. I also believe that psychic readings tend to open people up to direct interference and manipulation from the archons. So in my view, the activation of certain things in a person's chart, and the incompentency of psychic readers, are both signs of demonic influence.

Why are you on a psychic forum if it’s demonic lol? You have some serious twisted views. The detrimental effects occur when you become addicted. It’s the addiction that’s the issue. It’s the inability to control your impulses or your anxiety. I’m sorry but in my 10 years of reading I never had any detrimental effects from psychics. It’s not the norm. People need to stop blaming psychics for their issues. The victim and woe is me mentality needs to stop at some point. Stop rehashing what psychics did and didn’t do. It’s done and it’s in the past. It takes two to tango. Forgive, move on, enjoy your life.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 05:16:11 AM by ladya »

Offline happyk

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 02:07:34 PM »

I watched a couple of her videos. Pretty cool.

Offline Mon

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 04:16:00 PM »
I have a lot of precognitive dreams that end up playing out a couple years down the line. As I’ve gotten much older I’ve learned the importance of divine timing. I can’t say anyone’s life is decided, but I do believe wholeheartedly from my experiences that certain things happen, and certain people are brought into our lives for a reason, that reason usually not understood until after the fact. I also believe wholeheartedly in God and the Holy Spirit has had his hand in guiding me on multiple accounts, also as I’ve gotten older I’m learning to understand it, and more importantly, discern these spirits we have all around us. Many of these psychics, as much as I have enjoyed talking with them, are conversing with familiar spirits... I knew this before I started talking to them in the summer too. I’ve stopped, because just like drugs or drinking, anything in excess is bad because it becomes  an idol in your heart... I just wanted to try Abundant Visions before I ended. And also, most importantly, when I started talking to psychics, God stopped talking to me and showing me things... in turn, my life became less magical.  :'(
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:17:46 PM by Mon »

anything