Author Topic: Detox from psychic readings  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Miller1336

Detox from psychic readings
« on: January 22, 2019, 01:37:25 AM »
Help! I’m finally admitting that I have an addiction to psychics. Can anyone chime in and share how they kicked this horrible horrible habit?  :'(

Any advice on how to heal a broken heart too. I just wanna fix myself and don’t know how. Sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this. I just feel low. Maybe it’s the full moon and solar eclipse?

Mchelle

Offline sawthelight

Re: Detox from psychic readings
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 02:40:39 PM »
For me, it was realizing that little most readers said came to pass, and even for the small things that did, it wasn't worth all the money I spent and the heartache I went though.

When I first started getting readings, I believed them with all my heart..now, when I get a reading, I find myself saying "yea right" more than not.

Now, it's more a source of entertainment if I get one..and again, I've slowed down considerably since when I first started.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 08:52:41 PM »
This is what worked for me. I am no expert but I hope vocalizing this to others may help someone else and if not, it is a constant reflection of individual, self progress.

I did a combo of therapy, working out, eating better, and really investing in myself. It sounds easier than it is. You do have to feel the hurt, pain, and yes, even failure to fully heal and move on towards something better. Time is even more valuable than money to me. So investing my time in myself and also in others by volunteering were things that helped. I also read and journaled on my free time. The hardest part at the beginning was at night, I will not lie. During those times I would try to play a meditation video on YouTube and sometimes it was harder to imagine a positive outcome when your heart feels like it’s falling a part, but time is also an amazing thing - with time it became easier. I was able to reframe and make small tweaks on how I perceived things to focus on the positive. For example, as soon as I started missing my poi and would think of a memory, instead of going to my default of feeling bad and anxious, I would literally say to myself “oh that was a nice moment.” Then focus on a more positive thought like what i would like in my future partner. Overall, I became a better person, put in the work to tackled my demons, and when my poi contacted me, I wasn’t in this desperate hurting phase. I was content and happy with myself first. I took responsibility for my actions and he took responsibility for his. And we were slowly able to redevelop into a relationship again, everything felt more stable and solid. We disagree and have agruments still, but with these hiccups we learn more about each other from a loving healthy point of view.

No one can tell you what your future will be with a specific person. You and the other person should dectate that. Everything in life is based of off decisions. We decide how we want to react to something. We decide if a certain person is worth our time, money, effort. Make a promise to make good decisions for yourself and take back control of your life.

Wow! I love this! Thank you for sharing. THIS is how it should be done. I admire you so much for doing the right things and getting yourself in a better place by using healthy coping skills. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 04:43:05 AM »
I’ve been slowing down by reminding myself hearing another person say the same or different thing won’t change the outcome. I’ve slowed to a few 5$ readings a month. Of course I read with th top when I found this board and for me I thought look if they don’t get it no one will and if they are right no one can tell me anything new!