Author Topic: How do you know ....  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Love2lovenj

How do you know ....
« on: January 18, 2019, 04:47:06 PM »
Ok please chime in on this topic i would love to hear people's take.  How do you know if its a generic reading or an authentic one? 

People always say that the reading could apply to anyone but how specific does someone have to be for you to say, yes she is the real deal.

In the past, i would have readings and share it with a friend of mine and i swear just about everyone he read he said that could be applied to anyone.  Honestly i found it a little annoying because certain things would be said that to me i knew maybe 20% of the people would be like my poi.  So how specific does it need to be?

I don't try to make things fit but if it resonates it resonates.  The question is will the predictions actually happen.  In the end that's what i am looking for.  Will poi man up or will this be a repeated cycle that kind of thing.

Please share your thoughts.  There is no wrong answers here just want to see how others judge their readers.

Offline sawthelight

Re: How do you know ....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 05:05:02 PM »
I personally feel (for most of us) they feed us generic crap.  They might word it a bit differently for each reading, but unless something huge jumps out at me (like something POI actually told me himself), it doesn't impress me anymore.  First POI was having major issues in his family with his sister...and a few psychics picked up on this...and I know it was true, because he told me himself and how down he was about it.  Still didn't make the predictions about us ending up together happen.

Majority of people calling psychics are calling because we are unclear about POI's feelings and intentions.  So it's easy for them to say, well they must be being distant, or I sense distance, or he's confused/scared/afraid of commitment/going through personal problems..etc.

Most men, if they don't want to lose a woman, or if they really care, won't ghost us for weeks at a time.  Regardless, it takes two seconds to send a how are you text or call.

For first POI, some psychics picked up on current things remarkably but the predictions still failed.

So overall, I don't trust readings much anymore.  It's never a good idea to get them with any expectations. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:08:29 PM by sawthelight »

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 05:15:28 PM »
I totally agree.  Its a kinda go in with no expectations and if they are right and it was a positive reading then i can do the internal happy dance.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 05:30:34 PM »
I personally feel (for most of us) they feed us generic crap.  They might word it a bit differently for each reading, but unless something huge jumps out at me (like something POI actually told me

Most men, if they don't want to lose a woman, or if they really care, won't ghost us for weeks at a time.  Regardless, it takes two seconds to send a how are you text or call.

I don't believe this is always the case, probably more likely than not, but Some men feel inadequate/insecure towards a woman he really, really loves. The guy ghosts because he loves the woman very much since he feels she would be better off with someone more on her level. There are different reasons.

Ok please chime in on this topic i would love to hear people's take.  How do you know if its a generic reading or an authentic one? 

People always say that the reading could apply to anyone but how specific does someone have to be for you to say, yes she is the real deal.

In the past, i would have readings and share it with a friend of mine and i swear just about everyone he read he said that could be applied to anyone.  Honestly i found it a little annoying because certain things would be said that to me i knew maybe 20% of the people would be like my poi.  So how specific does it need to be?

I don't try to make things fit but if it resonates it resonates.  The question is will the predictions actually happen.  In the end that's what i am looking for.  Will poi man up or will this be a repeated cycle that kind of thing.

Please share your thoughts.  There is no wrong answers here just want to see how others judge their readers.

Many readings can resonates or parts of readings because many of us go through similar things. Generalities would be if the reader said: you are going through a tough time right now. Well no shit, they already know you're on the phone asking questions so although it resonates because we might be going through a tough time, something about your situation should stand out.
Specifics would be if the reader said: I see you had a date with your SO and things didn't go as planned because you left feeling hollow. Plus he didn't open the door for you like he usually does or didn't call you the pet name that he has for you....something specific to your situation.

Predictions are harder to judge, but again, too many people try to make their situation fit especially when readers hand out numbers and they too don't know what the numbers mean. It is advisable to not call a reader back until the prediction time has come and gone (short term) and of course you'll know if they are good with time. You can also ask them how good they are with time to see if they get defensive about it or what reply they give. Honest readers will say well with some I'm about 80-85% and some might say I'm not too good. At least this honesty tells you they too know their short comings.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 05:35:50 PM »
I personally feel (for most of us) they feed us generic crap.  They might word it a bit differently for each reading, but unless something huge jumps out at me (like something POI actually told me

I don't believe this is always the case, probably more likely than not, but Some men feel inadequate/insecure towards a woman he really, really loves. The guy ghosts because he loves the woman very much since he feels she would be better off with someone more on her level. There are different reasons.

Many readings can resonates or parts of readings because many of us go through similar things. Generalities would be if the reader said: you are going through a tough time right now. Well no shit, they already know you're on the phone asking questions so although it resonates because we might be going through a tough time, something about your situation should stand out.
Specifics would be if the reader said: I see you had a date with your SO and things didn't go as planned because you left feeling hollow. Plus he didn't open the door for you like he usually does or didn't call you the pet name that he has for you....something specific to your situation.

Predictions are harder to judge, but again, too many people try to make their situation fit especially when readers hand out numbers and they too don't know what the numbers mean. It is advisable to not call a reader back until the prediction time has come and gone (short term) and of course you'll know if they are good with time. You can also ask them how good they are with time to see if they get defensive about it or what reply they give. Honest readers will say well with some I'm about 80-85% and some might say I'm not too good. At least this honesty tells you they too know their short comings.

I heard that a lot about first guy..he thought i was too good for him and I could "do better".  I don't know..he seemed kind of full of himself to me.  Not insecure at all.  I can't see someone ghosting someone they really love but i guess it could happen. 

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 05:43:52 PM »
I don't get the ghosting and then reappearing act.  Total bs way of dealing with things.  If your gonna ghost and come back you seriously need a swift kick in the ass.  I have my butt kicking shoe, polished and ready to go too.  Grrr

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 05:47:59 PM »
I don't get the ghosting and then reappearing act.  Total bs way of dealing with things.  If your gonna ghost and come back you seriously need a swift kick in the ass.  I have my butt kicking shoe, polished and ready to go too.  Grrr

LMAO right!  It's not something I tolerate anymore.  I really liked the second POI and he did that shit and when he "reemerged" I ignored him.  I don't think it's cool to do that to a person, unless you have a real reason for it.  But like I said, a hello text takes two seconds and could make the world of a difference.

ladya

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 06:21:08 PM »

LMAO right!  It's not something I tolerate anymore.  I really liked the second POI and he did that shit and when he "reemerged" I ignored him.  I don't think it's cool to do that to a person, unless you have a real reason for it.  But like I said, a hello text takes two seconds and could make the world of a difference.

that's not technically ghosting if they appear and disappear but I do agree with what youre saying. Ghosting is when everything is going fine one day and next day theyre gone and you never hear from them again. Hence resembles a ghost lol. But a lot of men have that retreat type behavior just varies to degrees. I think I mentioned this on another post somewhere but thats where the whole man cave term came from because they would need a place to retreat to be by themselves.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 06:23:40 PM »
I hear you Ladya but at this point in my life, I'm at the point where they can retreat and stay retreated LOL.  No time for that.   ;D ;D

ladya

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 06:34:45 PM »
I hear you Ladya but at this point in my life, I'm at the point where they can retreat and stay retreated LOL.  No time for that.   ;D ;D

I understand you completely. Its just so common esp with men with more alpha characteristics. Men with more feminine characteristics are less likely to act in that behavior. I think they dont even know why they do it lol :o

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 06:35:06 PM »

that's not technically ghosting if they appear and disappear but I do agree with what youre saying. Ghosting is when everything is going fine one day and next day theyre gone and you never hear from them again. Hence resembles a ghost lol. But a lot of men have that retreat type behavior just varies to degrees. I think I mentioned this on another post somewhere but thats where the whole man cave term came from because they would need a place to retreat to be by themselves.

I see if someone disappears for weeks on end without notice as ghosting.  I mean for example if you text someone and they read your message but decides to not respond for 3 weeks for bo apparent reason or with an explanation as a ghosting.   Either way retreating/ ghosting both suck majorly.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 06:39:51 PM »
yep..that's what happened with the last guy.  I send a message and it said delivered...and no reply, then three weeks later I got a "hey how are you doing, what's going on" type of text.  I ignored.  Man, that rubbed me the wrong way. 

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 06:45:50 PM »
yep..that's what happened with the last guy.  I send a message and it said delivered...and no reply, then three weeks later I got a "hey how are you doing, what's going on" type of text.  I ignored.  Man, that rubbed me the wrong way.

I agree with both of you and I never understood the purpose of ghosting, especially when they decide to come back as if you had been waiting for them. WTF is that? Just say it's not working for you and say why. It's not even like they want to work on trying to make it work. It's like they went after another girl and when it didn't work, then decided to see if they can't get back in. I would never take a guy back who did that. I would have lost all trust that he could handle things in a grown up way and not just run away from challenges. Annoying as F!

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 06:48:33 PM »

I agree with both of you and I never understood the purpose of ghosting, especially when they decide to come back as if you had been waiting for them. WTF is that? Just say it's not working for you and say why. It's not even like they want to work on trying to make it work. It's like they went after another girl and when it didn't work, then decided to see if they can't get back in. I would never take a guy back who did that. I would have lost all trust that he could handle things in a grown up way and not just run away from challenges. Annoying as F!

YES!  I honestly felt maybe he was playing the field and just resurfaced when things didn't work out.  I will never let myself settle for that again.

In lots of ways, first POI damaged me to men, but I also have more self respect now, than to put up with BS.  I would rather be alone honestly.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 07:08:42 PM »

YES!  I honestly felt maybe he was playing the field and just resurfaced when things didn't work out.  I will never let myself settle for that again.

In lots of ways, first POI damaged me to men, but I also have more self respect now, than to put up with BS.  I would rather be alone honestly.

YES!!