Author Topic: Cards that indicate apathy, lack of romantic feelings, and even fear or pity  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Ninacy

What tarot cards beyond their symbolism, from your reading experience,  indicate that a person's POI doesn't have romantic feelings for them, has moved on or even thinks they are weirdos and stalkers??

From my experience, these cards indicate a lack of romantic feelings more often than others:

-Death (80% probability of no feelings). For some reason, most readers will tell the questioner that their POI is going through a transition and it could be that way as "death" is mostly symbolic, however, I believe there is no romance and strong feelings here at all. Most of the time (unless it is surrounded by highly positive cards), it means that the other person's feelings for the questioner are virtually dead.

-4 of cups (99% probability). This is probably the strongest rejection card in the deck. There are no other "hidden" positive meanings here, for me at least. The man clearly is rejecting a cup and minds his/her own business.

-7 cups (80% probability). Could mean that either the questioner or their POI is in denial and can't see clearly. Maybe hidden feelings and fantasies but an expression of these don't come out.

-The Fool (70%). Indicates a player, usually below 35 who's a wild spirit that puts their freedom first. May indicate surface sexual feelings but absolutely no strong feelings or commitment here at all.

-5 of Pentacles. There is something very pity-ful and depressive with this card and when I get this in the feeling position, I gently tell the questioner that their POI cares about their well-being and fears they are depressed because they have shown signs of not doing very well and they want them to do well. The alternate meaning of the card is still negative...like the two people in the picture, it means "being left out in the cold". There is a tiny chance that a person's POI thinks that they have been left in the cold by the questioner but still, I see no positive action and expression of feelings with this card.

-King or queen of swords. Indicates a very calculative and tough person that takes decisions for their own sake and not for others.

-Hanged Man. Complete lack of action and expression of feelings most likely indicates apathy and/or watching from a distance.

Also, sword cards with odd numbers e.g 3 of swords are generally unfortunate when it comes to feelings

I'm curious to know though which cards indicate plain fear and disgust for the other person...like they think the questioner is a stalker or weirdo that they should be away from at all costs. Can't think of any card that indicates that ;/

ladya

What tarot cards beyond their symbolism, from your reading experience,  indicate that a person's POI doesn't have romantic feelings for them, has moved on or even thinks they are weirdos and stalkers??

From my experience, these cards indicate a lack of romantic feelings more often than others:

-Death (80% probability of no feelings). For some reason, most readers will tell the questioner that their POI is going through a transition and it could be that way as "death" is mostly symbolic, however, I believe there is no romance and strong feelings here at all. Most of the time (unless it is surrounded by highly positive cards), it means that the other person's feelings for the questioner are virtually dead.

-4 of cups (99% probability). This is probably the strongest rejection card in the deck. There are no other "hidden" positive meanings here, for me at least. The man clearly is rejecting a cup and minds his/her own business.

-7 cups (80% probability). Could mean that either the questioner or their POI is in denial and can't see clearly. Maybe hidden feelings and fantasies but an expression of these don't come out.

-The Fool (70%). Indicates a player, usually below 35 who's a wild spirit that puts their freedom first. May indicate surface sexual feelings but absolutely no strong feelings or commitment here at all.

-5 of Pentacles. There is something very pity-ful and depressive with this card and when I get this in the feeling position, I gently tell the questioner that their POI cares about their well-being and fears they are depressed because they have shown signs of not doing very well and they want them to do well. The alternate meaning of the card is still negative...like the two people in the picture, it means "being left out in the cold". There is a tiny chance that a person's POI thinks that they have been left in the cold by the questioner but still, I see no positive action and expression of feelings with this card.

-King or queen of swords. Indicates a very calculative and tough person that takes decisions for their own sake and not for others.

-Hanged Man. Complete lack of action and expression of feelings most likely indicates apathy and/or watching from a distance.

Also, sword cards with odd numbers e.g 3 of swords are generally unfortunate when it comes to feelings

I'm curious to know though which cards indicate plain fear and disgust for the other person...like they think the questioner is a stalker or weirdo that they should be away from at all costs. Can't think of any card that indicates that ;/

I believe all cards have 2 sides to them. Its just my view of tarot. It's not black or white. Personally, I dont always see the 5 of pentacles as negative depending on other cards. In the picture usually there are 2 people and to me I've seen it as an against all odds, kinda in sickness and in health type of deal. But then again it can mean being left out in the cold. I personally feel that King of Swords and Queen of Swords are highly misrepresented and misunderstood. KOS can be highly logical and use his mind over his heart a lot of time but he's also unwavering so if he says he will do something he will. He's also a protector, depicted by his sword. Also i've noticed people sometimes come up as their professions or what they do some of the time. Remember that noone just have their guards up due to nothing, KOS and QOS have their guards up because life has made them that way, indicating the softness that lies within them. Knight of swords is tactless but the King is not. KOS and KOP are men with a lot of value from my perspective. Theyre the most picky when it comes to women they engage with. I always see them as high caliber men and would not settle unless the woman is of high value and on their level. Now if theyre reversed that's a completely different picture.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:41:03 AM by ladya »

Offline jhuskindle

4 of cups, 5 of swords. End. All others represent other emotions. Maybe 4 of sword for apathy.

Offline sjm1986

I agree with all the other cards in the right context. But a big one for me that I used to get with exes in the past was the 9 of cups. I HATE it. He's so smug. And it always ended up meaning that he was satisfied with the way the relationship was and wasn't willing to put in any more work. It kind of ruined my perception of that card because now I only see my exes faces on that card. If I had been in a good position with whichever bf at the time, then it wouldn't have been so bad but I was calling psychics and using the cards for a reason. So along with the other cards mentioned, I would add the 9 of cups if read in a certain way.

Offline jhuskindle

I agree with all the other cards in the right context. But a big one for me that I used to get with exes in the past was the 9 of cups. I HATE it. He's so smug. And it always ended up meaning that he was satisfied with the way the relationship was and wasn't willing to put in any more work. It kind of ruined my perception of that card because now I only see my exes faces on that card. If I had been in a good position with whichever bf at the time, then it wouldn't have been so bad but I was calling psychics and using the cards for a reason. So along with the other cards mentioned, I would add the 9 of cups if read in a certain way.

YES!!!! But it's not apathy, it's a man happy alone, to wait for people to bow to him, serve him etc. And some psychics use this as a wish card... I wish never to meet a man like that

Offline sjm1986

YES!!!! But it's not apathy, it's a man happy alone, to wait for people to bow to him, serve him etc. And some psychics use this as a wish card... I wish never to meet a man like that
Bahaha!!! I wish this as well! I don't like the idea of a "wish" card. It feels too phony to me.

ladya

Bahaha!!! I wish this as well! I don't like the idea of a "wish" card. It feels too phony to me.

ye its a very gluttonous card to me. He's sitting alone with all the cups. Its good card to get for a personal victory though for other areas of life. lots of drinking and celebrating.

Offline Love2lovenj

This was really a great post to see everyone's interpretation of these cards.  Thank you.

Offline Ninacy

At times I'm seriously thinking of completely giving up reading tarot and just focus on playing cards and Lenormand---there are always at least 3 alternate meanings tied to each tarot card and
"positive" cards may turn out to be "negative" or vice versa. Unless you examine the entire spread and are eerily gifted and intuitive, the cards can be really puzzling. Especially for love situations when emotions and situations are many times fluid.

As a client, I got the same card (the chariot) from 3-4 readers but their interpretation was quite different. It was like the card was stalking me but the message couldn't get through...Also these were single card readings on Etsy and no other cards were drawn in the spread. I no longer worry what this meant in my personal situation but still, this card is very confusing to me when it pops up in a reading.

Regarding the 9 of pentacles supposedly being positive and the "wish" card, I too yes didn't have a positive experience with this. It popped up twice when I used to ask about any movement from my borderline, immature and player ex and nothing happened whatsoever, no movement at all. I see it as a card that indicates someone who feels "entitled" and "arrogant" like a prince or king giving commands but at the same time, not to be bothered much. However, the vast majority of readers will tell you that "your wish will come true".

anything