Author Topic: For those who read tarot cards  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Love2lovenj

For those who read tarot cards
« on: January 11, 2019, 04:44:49 PM »
Can you share you views on which additional cards represent the zodiac signs.  I will put the ones i notice someone others view as that sign and i actually do too in parentheses.

Aries: Emperor
Taurus: Hierophant
Gemini: Lovers
Cancer: Chariot
Leo: Strength (sun)
Virgo: Hermit (Empress)
Libra: Justice (high priestess)
Scorpio: Death (Tower)
Capricorn: Devil
Aquarius: Star
Pisces: Moon (hangman)

Please share your interpretation it would be greatly appreciated.

I know some people find the wheel of fortune to represent the fix signs. 

ladya

Re: For those who read tarot cards
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 05:05:44 PM »
I find the world represents fixed energy. I have a lot of fixed energy in my chart and I get that card a lot for myself. I know people use the moon to represent pisces but i always see it as cancer and the subconscious. Cancer is ruled by the moon and sun is ruled by leo. I don't always feel certain cards represent zodiac signs unless theres supporting cards around it. I find high priestess more of a pisces card if any but I have yet to find a card for myself that I truly feel is piscean. I find Empress as the higher form of all the queens it's the woman of all women. I don't necessarily associate it with a sign though more so the energy of the person. Same as emperor. It's the alpha male energy for me. I think cards are really personal. Like for me I find the QOS the epitome of scorponic energy. Maybe its because I've read the entire story of the tarot so I associate the stories of the characters with the cards. I doubt anyone associates that with scorpio but for me, her story is the epitome of real plutonic scorponic transformational energy. It might not even be a scorpio per se but a person with a lot of plutonic energy. For me I feel that Kings and Queens represent more the signs and the majors are more embodiments of the energy of that card. People see the devil as a bad card but I don't always necessarily think its a bad card. This is all over the place but just how i read cards lol. I know so many people use lovers to represent gemini but for me that just doesn't fit and cant make that association. Everyone has their own meanings for the tarot cards and for some reason the traditional meanings just never really meshed well with me. i real cards more intuitively and i might get different messages for the same card depending on what im reading about. i dont read professionally but i just read them based off the energy i get the cards as a whole and who i feel im reading for and ill tweek it depending on the vibe i get.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 05:12:02 PM by ladya »

Offline sjm1986

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 11:39:37 PM »
I find the world represents fixed energy. I have a lot of fixed energy in my chart and I get that card a lot for myself. I know people use the moon to represent pisces but i always see it as cancer and the subconscious. Cancer is ruled by the moon and sun is ruled by leo. I don't always feel certain cards represent zodiac signs unless theres supporting cards around it. I find high priestess more of a pisces card if any but I have yet to find a card for myself that I truly feel is piscean. I find Empress as the higher form of all the queens it's the woman of all women. I don't necessarily associate it with a sign though more so the energy of the person. Same as emperor. It's the alpha male energy for me. I think cards are really personal. Like for me I find the QOS the epitome of scorponic energy. Maybe its because I've read the entire story of the tarot so I associate the stories of the characters with the cards. I doubt anyone associates that with scorpio but for me, her story is the epitome of real plutonic scorponic transformational energy. It might not even be a scorpio per se but a person with a lot of plutonic energy. For me I feel that Kings and Queens represent more the signs and the majors are more embodiments of the energy of that card. People see the devil as a bad card but I don't always necessarily think its a bad card. This is all over the place but just how i read cards lol. I know so many people use lovers to represent gemini but for me that just doesn't fit and cant make that association. Everyone has their own meanings for the tarot cards and for some reason the traditional meanings just never really meshed well with me. i real cards more intuitively and i might get different messages for the same card depending on what im reading about. i dont read professionally but i just read them based off the energy i get the cards as a whole and who i feel im reading for and ill tweek it depending on the vibe i get.

Regarding your QOS and Scorpio interpretation, with you explaining it this way I see exactly why you consider her to be a Scorpio. Pluto is the iciest of all. It's the underworld (not hell, which is evil, but underworld which is death) and it's also the planet of the subconscious. It's where you bury things and keep your secrets but it's also complete power and control and the ability to unearth the darkest secrets ever kept there, if you're favored by Pluto. And typically, Scorpios (who are obviously favored by Pluto) enjoy unearthing dark and dirty secrets. Sometimes even their own. We're not afraid of ANYTHING and we like to watch people squirm :). So the queen of swords comes in here as being the ice queen. You never know what she's thinking which is very Scorpio. Mysterious but quite aware, herself. The only discrepency is that the QOS doesn't have much depth to her. She's very intelligent but completely unemotional. And being swords/air, she's communicative. She could come up as a Gemini for example and be friendly and chatty and still a queen of swords. Scorpios tend to be quieter, introverts, and not chatty. Informative, but not frivolous. Scorpios also go deep. Our water form is a well or just straight up ice. It doesn't flow. Air is much lighter and will move if you put pressure on it.

But here's the thing, Scorpios are known as shape shifters and that's one of the biggest reasons why they're so hard to place. Ice isn't really water but it's not earth either. We can change form to whatever the situation calls for. As far as the major cards for a Scorpio, tradition is Death, the High Priestess if you're a scholar of Tarot, and the higher form is the Judgement card. The idea is transformation so Judgement is the ultimate transformation. But if you're trying to see if a certain person is a Scorpio by this method, it would give you the wrong impression to get the Judgement card. It might also throw you off to get the Death card too. So according to academia, the High Priestess being mysterious, knowledgeable, and the keeper of the secrets, would be the personification of a Scorpio but it could also mean to use your intuition or something like that. It depends on the question.

As for Cancer and the Chariot, this has really thrown me for a loop before because I don't see any correlation between the two. I see Chariot as being the force of will prevailing through the obstacles. Like strong arming it. Not a cancer at all. And in fact, cancers are the crab and sometimes the hermit crab who hides when he gets hurt which has been so indicative of every cancer I've known. That would seem opposite of the Chariot but also not the Hermit either because the hermit isn't hiding, he's choosing to distance himself so he can find information. The Moon is very much a Cancer card to me. Kind of unstable emotionally lol but they're the most emotional of the entire Zodiac. I personally think that Pisces is too emotional and unsure to be High Priestess but that's just me. HP would be more fixed to me and Pisces is the opposite of that. They're strong, but not stable.

Aquarius being the Star card never really resonated with me either. Their element is electricity and/or a lightning bolt so it doesn't really resonate with the Star for me. I know they're forward thinking and kind of dreamers but they're not emotionally dreamy. They're thinkers.

As to the fixed signs, yes the wheel of fortune but also the world has all 4 fixed signs. This could get really really long though lol there are years and years of discussion that's gone into the symbols of the cards. Each item on each card has an intertwining meaning and a whole story behind it. So it's never very simple to define them in any way, unless you just say something like "show me the card that represents this particular person" and then you might get a Zodiac representation and you could take it as such. It still might get weird though lol.

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 11:53:23 PM »
Ok when your learning the tarot the first listing is the standard correlation between the signs and the cards.  All that other stuff is way over my head.  Just wanted to know if there were other common cards for each sign that highly used. 

ladya

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 12:03:02 AM »

Regarding your QOS and Scorpio interpretation, with you explaining it this way I see exactly why you consider her to be a Scorpio. Pluto is the iciest of all. It's the underworld (not hell, which is evil, but underworld which is death) and it's also the planet of the subconscious. It's where you bury things and keep your secrets but it's also complete power and control and the ability to unearth the darkest secrets ever kept there, if you're favored by Pluto. And typically, Scorpios (who are obviously favored by Pluto) enjoy unearthing dark and dirty secrets. Sometimes even their own. We're not afraid of ANYTHING and we like to watch people squirm :). So the queen of swords comes in here as being the ice queen. You never know what she's thinking which is very Scorpio. Mysterious but quite aware, herself. The only discrepency is that the QOS doesn't have much depth to her. She's very intelligent but completely unemotional. And being swords/air, she's communicative. She could come up as a Gemini for example and be friendly and chatty and still a queen of swords. Scorpios tend to be quieter, introverts, and not chatty. Informative, but not frivolous. Scorpios also go deep. Our water form is a well or just straight up ice. It doesn't flow. Air is much lighter and will move if you put pressure on it.

But here's the thing, Scorpios are known as shape shifters and that's one of the biggest reasons why they're so hard to place. Ice isn't really water but it's not earth either. We can change form to whatever the situation calls for. As far as the major cards for a Scorpio, tradition is Death, the High Priestess if you're a scholar of Tarot, and the higher form is the Judgement card. The idea is transformation so Judgement is the ultimate transformation. But if you're trying to see if a certain person is a Scorpio by this method, it would give you the wrong impression to get the Judgement card. It might also throw you off to get the Death card too. So according to academia, the High Priestess being mysterious, knowledgeable, and the keeper of the secrets, would be the personification of a Scorpio but it could also mean to use your intuition or something like that. It depends on the question.

As for Cancer and the Chariot, this has really thrown me for a loop before because I don't see any correlation between the two. I see Chariot as being the force of will prevailing through the obstacles. Like strong arming it. Not a cancer at all. And in fact, cancers are the crab and sometimes the hermit crab who hides when he gets hurt which has been so indicative of every cancer I've known. That would seem opposite of the Chariot but also not the Hermit either because the hermit isn't hiding, he's choosing to distance himself so he can find information. The Moon is very much a Cancer card to me. Kind of unstable emotionally lol but they're the most emotional of the entire Zodiac. I personally think that Pisces is too emotional and unsure to be High Priestess but that's just me. HP would be more fixed to me and Pisces is the opposite of that. They're strong, but not stable.

Aquarius being the Star card never really resonated with me either. Their element is electricity and/or a lightning bolt so it doesn't really resonate with the Star for me. I know they're forward thinking and kind of dreamers but they're not emotionally dreamy. They're thinkers.

As to the fixed signs, yes the wheel of fortune but also the world has all 4 fixed signs. This could get really really long though lol there are years and years of discussion that's gone into the symbols of the cards. Each item on each card has an intertwining meaning and a whole story behind it. So it's never very simple to define them in any way, unless you just say something like "show me the card that represents this particular person" and then you might get a Zodiac representation and you could take it as such. It still might get weird though lol.

its so interesting to see other people's perspectives on cards. I also don't see the correlation between a lot of the majors and their tarot associations. For me it doesnt make sense much. It's funny you dont think that QOS doesn't have depth because to me I feel she has the most depth and I dont depict her as being chatty. I find her a woman of a few words. Your explanation makes a lot of sense but to me QOS has always been water that turned to ice through her journey through the tarot. Her sword to me represents her duality not only to be able to see in situations but duality of her personality. There's usually butterflies around her in a lot of decks and to me its her transformation throughout life. Noone just becomes cold. I would associate HP as my second card with Scorps. I dont understand the star for aquarius either. I could see the Tower because of how fast everything collapses and the uranian energy they bring forth. However aquarius' traditional ruler is saturn which a lot of people don't associate with the sign so they have a duality to them and can exhibit both sides of the coin.

Offline sjm1986

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 12:43:26 AM »
Ok when your learning the tarot the first listing is the standard correlation between the signs and the cards.  All that other stuff is way over my head.  Just wanted to know if there were other common cards for each sign that highly used.
That's the problem though is that there is no "standard". Even each deck will have variations. They could all be Rider Waite but even from one artist to the next, it'll be a different interpretation. Since you're first learning, it might help to just decide what you want them to mean. Either by how they "feel" to you, or by your write up on this post. It's completely your own thing. The universe will show you things according to your own understanding, for the most part. It's kind of like how in different countries and different continents, people have seen various apparitions or they have a different religious symbol for certain things but the concept that these apparitions and symbols convey is the exact same thing. The universe or God gives them the symbol how they would understand it. Example is the Christian cross. 2000 years ago and also during the age of the empire, it was literally a torture device. People were usually hung on them upside down but they hung Jesus right side up so he'd die slower. If you were to show a symbol of a cross to anyone in that time, it would go over very differently than it does now. But if you tried to explain to them why it was a symbol of hope and protection to you, you'd need to pretty much tell them the entire Bible to get the message across in the way you interpret it.

It's the same thing with the cards. Their meant to be messages and you can pre define to the universe that these are your interpretations of each card. As things progress, you'll vary your interpretations and things will start to feel a certain way instead of just being a "code" of sorts. My mother read Tarot but she was so amazing, she could read anything. I mean anything. The weirdest thing was a computer keyboard. Her eyes would scan it and letters would pop out to her. She read playing cards and tea leaves and all sorts of things. There's no standard set up for how to read a computer keyboard lol. So she would just associate certain things with certain ideas and it didn't make sense to anyone else because it didn't have to. She taught me how to make my own deck when I was a kid and I still have it, although it doesn't really give me any useful information anymore lol. But that deck was actually very accurate. I used it for yes/no and I used it to figure out what I was getting for Christmas. I also used it to see what I'd be when I grew up. I used "ideas" on each card like "fun", "school", "music", "puppy", "kitty", etc. and BTW, puppy and kitty felt different to me so they would be read differently by someone else I'm sure. Anyway, that deck worked for me. So to make it as simple as possible to start out, you can just say this is what these cards mean to me right now. And see how it turns out. If it doesn't make sense, you can come back here and ask others what they think and you can get all sorts of new possibilities about it and one of them might feel more correct.

Offline Mon

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 02:21:50 AM »
That was an interesting read.

That's the problem though is that there is no "standard". Even each deck will have variations. They could all be Rider Waite but even from one artist to the next, it'll be a different interpretation. Since you're first learning, it might help to just decide what you want them to mean. Either by how they "feel" to you, or by your write up on this post. It's completely your own thing. The universe will show you things according to your own understanding, for the most part. It's kind of like how in different countries and different continents, people have seen various apparitions or they have a different religious symbol for certain things but the concept that these apparitions and symbols convey is the exact same thing. The universe or God gives them the symbol how they would understand it. Example is the Christian cross. 2000 years ago and also during the age of the empire, it was literally a torture device. People were usually hung on them upside down but they hung Jesus right side up so he'd die slower. If you were to show a symbol of a cross to anyone in that time, it would go over very differently than it does now. But if you tried to explain to them why it was a symbol of hope and protection to you, you'd need to pretty much tell them the entire Bible to get the message across in the way you interpret it.

It's the same thing with the cards. Their meant to be messages and you can pre define to the universe that these are your interpretations of each card. As things progress, you'll vary your interpretations and things will start to feel a certain way instead of just being a "code" of sorts. My mother read Tarot but she was so amazing, she could read anything. I mean anything. The weirdest thing was a computer keyboard. Her eyes would scan it and letters would pop out to her. She read playing cards and tea leaves and all sorts of things. There's no standard set up for how to read a computer keyboard lol. So she would just associate certain things with certain ideas and it didn't make sense to anyone else because it didn't have to. She taught me how to make my own deck when I was a kid and I still have it, although it doesn't really give me any useful information anymore lol. But that deck was actually very accurate. I used it for yes/no and I used it to figure out what I was getting for Christmas. I also used it to see what I'd be when I grew up. I used "ideas" on each card like "fun", "school", "music", "puppy", "kitty", etc. and BTW, puppy and kitty felt different to me so they would be read differently by someone else I'm sure. Anyway, that deck worked for me. So to make it as simple as possible to start out, you can just say this is what these cards mean to me right now. And see how it turns out. If it doesn't make sense, you can come back here and ask others what they think and you can get all sorts of new possibilities about it and one of them might feel more correct.