Author Topic: For those no longer getting readings - how did you know you were done?  (Read 23638 times)

Offline doubleoh8

Re: For those no longer getting readings - how did you know you were done?
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2019, 04:01:03 PM »
When my POI, who everyone said was my twin flame, soulmate and who would never be with anyone else because it wasn't in our destiny, married someone else. When I found out he was getting married, i was done. I had been strung along for years and heard all the usual excuses that he was scared, his feelings were too strong for me, he didn't know how to express himself. And it wasn't just one psychic. I am embarrassed to say it was many and I spent a fortune over the course of 3 years.I got myself into debt over it.

Even when I was suspicious that there was someone else, i heard the same stories. It would never work out between them. It was just a passing infatuation. Fast-forward to 6 months later and he married her. That was it. I was done with psychics and never called one since. This all took place in 2012.

That was a dark time for me. i would go to bed on a Friday night and just stay ion bed til Monday morning. To say I was devestated is putting it mildly. I think part of it was because I so desperately wanted to believe them. I didn't think people could be that cruel and lead people on but sadly, those I dealt with, did. It took me a couple of years to get better and I am happy to say I am happily married now.

What I have with my husband isn't exactly what I felt for my ex. But he never leaves me wondering or lets me wait for a phone call. He was always very present and made sure he let me knew how he felt about me. And more importantly, he never makes me cry.

Wow - thanks for coming on and sharing your story Rosa. In a lot of ways, my story mirrors yours. Three+ years, one POI, ignoring the signs and instead believing the psychics, then finally waking up to reality when the fellow I called about moved in with someone else. Then some of the psychics I relied on -- some who had been right about enough things that I trusted them -- not only changed their tune but took a nasty tone with me and / or backtracked. One I recall saying "well we told you he was not ready and would need to have this other experience." She did say he was not ready, but did NOT tell me that he needed another 'experience'.

One thing that was confusing about my story is that during the year prior to meeting that POI, 2 different psychics I saw (the only 2, in person, I was not calling excessively then) predicted him, with fairly specific details (looks, personality, timeframe, how we would interact, hobbies and interests). He was presented as a twin flame by one and life partner by the other. That made me even more invested in the whole thing working out... I'd never even heard the term twin flame and hadn't asked her about that; I was actually asking about a house move.

These days, I do have the odd reading, and I'm not actually certain about whether or not I'll stop 100%. I don't ask about love. It's just too charged for me - both the positive and negative predictions get under my skin. I recently called Veruska on keen a few times and asked about a contract I was going for, and she was completely right about the whole thing. I called a few others as well and they were wrong; I almost did it just to see, because it was a short-term outcome that I could be certain about. It was so interesting to me to see how wrong most were.

At the start of this year, I called a few of the people who have the best reputations on here, or who are discussed most. I then pretty much stopped calling (except for that short round of calls with one question about work). I intend to do my report out once enough time has passed that I can say with some certainty who was right and to what degree.

Offline doubleoh8

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2019, 04:38:16 PM »
When my POI, who everyone said was my twin flame, soulmate and who would never be with anyone else because it wasn't in our destiny, married someone else. When I found out he was getting married, i was done. I had been strung along for years and heard all the usual excuses that he was scared, his feelings were too strong for me, he didn't know how to express himself. And it wasn't just one psychic. I am embarrassed to say it was many and I spent a fortune over the course of 3 years.I got myself into debt over it.

Even when I was suspicious that there was someone else, i heard the same stories. It would never work out between them. It was just a passing infatuation. Fast-forward to 6 months later and he married her. That was it. I was done with psychics and never called one since. This all took place in 2012.

That was a dark time for me. i would go to bed on a Friday night and just stay ion bed til Monday morning. To say I was devestated is putting it mildly. I think part of it was because I so desperately wanted to believe them. I didn't think people could be that cruel and lead people on but sadly, those I dealt with, did. It took me a couple of years to get better and I am happy to say I am happily married now.

What I have with my husband isn't exactly what I felt for my ex. But he never leaves me wondering or lets me wait for a phone call. He was always very present and made sure he let me knew how he felt about me. And more importantly, he never makes me cry.

Wow - thanks for coming on and sharing your story Rosa. In a lot of ways, my story mirrors yours. Three+ years, one POI, ignoring the signs and instead believing the psychics, then finally waking up to reality when the fellow I called about moved in with someone else. Then some of the psychics I relied on -- some who had been right about enough things that I trusted them -- not only changed their tune but took a nasty tone with me and / or backtracked. One I recall saying "well we told you he was not ready and would need to have this other experience." She did say he was not ready, but did NOT tell me that he needed another 'experience'.

One thing that was confusing about my story is that during the year prior to meeting that POI, 2 different psychics I saw (the only 2, in person, I was not calling excessively then) predicted him, with fairly specific details (looks, personality, timeframe, how we would interact, hobbies and interests). He was presented as a twin flame by one and life partner by the other. That made me even more invested in the whole thing working out... I'd never even heard the term twin flame and hadn't asked her about that; I was actually asking about a house move.

These days, I do have the odd reading, and I'm not actually certain about whether or not I'll stop 100%. I don't ask about love. It's just too charged for me - both the positive and negative predictions get under my skin. I recently called Veruska on keen a few times and asked about a contract I was going for, and she was completely right about the whole thing. I called a few others as well and they were wrong; I almost did it just to see, because it was a short-term outcome that I could be certain about. It was so interesting to me to see how wrong most were.

At the start of this year, I called a few of the people who have the best reputations on here, or who are discussed most. I then pretty much stopped calling (except for that short round of calls with one question about work). I intend to do my report out once enough time has passed that I can say with some certainty who was right and to what degree.

Ohmygosh yeah I can see how that would be confusing. When they do predict something correctly it makes it seem like it's meant to be but even more so if they talk it up like this is your twin flame or life partner.

Ravenredwoman predicted that I would meet a man and the amount of detail she gave me about who he was and how it would happen was downright spooky. It turned out to be a guy from my past who I was already over (and when I saw him, I tried to evade him lol but it still played out exactly like she said.) But if it had been someone new I might have been convinced this was the man for me, just because of how she predicted it! Like I might have been chasing him down instead of vice versa. So weird to think about that.

This is why I think readings screw with us, even if they correctly predict a lot of things. They can see so many things but maybe misinterpret or put meaning on it that isn't true. And what if that influences my decisions in a way that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Yes, crazy confusing. On top of what I shared above, the woman who introduced the twin flame idea to me:
- was a very spiritual person who only charged me $25 and has since given me readings for free or very cheap; in other words is not in it for the $
- read my entire relationship history prior to my reading with her - describing the 3 major relationships I'd been in including the ages i was and why they didn't work out (or the lessons therein)... this was bang on

She also said, about the incoming POI, 'be careful, you may get a bit obsessive' LOL

Offline unicornlove

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2019, 04:35:23 PM »
Hi all. Little update on me. I haven't bought any reading for a long time (a few weeks or so now) LOL. I decided no more readings. The predictions never came to pass. And now I'm saving so much money.

I actually have a crush on someone new. And am staying away from readings based on that situation. I know if I ask the 'psychics' will X and I be together they will tell me...oh he loves you, he's gonna be your boyfriend, blah blah blah just like with my 1st "target". So much time and money was wasted. Not looking to go back. I am proud of myself for being strong and not buying readings. And I have no intention to buy any for my past target or current target.

Offline doubleoh8

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2019, 04:38:04 PM »
Hi all. Little update on me. I haven't bought any reading for a long time (a few weeks or so now) LOL. I decided no more readings. The predictions never came to pass. And now I'm saving so much money.

I actually have a crush on someone new. And am staying away from readings based on that situation. I know if I ask the 'psychics' will X and I be together they will tell me...oh he loves you, he's gonna be your boyfriend, blah blah blah just like with my 1st "target". So much time and money was wasted. Not looking to go back. I am proud of myself for being strong and not buying readings. And I have no intention to buy any for my past target or current target.

Wow! Good for you @unicorn. Thanks for coming back to let us know. I think this is a success story -- although a different type of success story than we might be looking for from psychic readings.

Offline wishes215

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2019, 09:00:20 PM »
I won't say that I no longer read, I do. but going from multiple reads a day to once a month or so, I would call that a success:)) and now they are more for entertainment than Really setting my heart on predictions. I am bored, I get a reading:)) I think I knew I was done after reading about people's stories on this forum. I realized no one was able to predict what I wanted to know about, they could tell me the present, tell me the past but the future...... they were all guessing depending on what they read at that very minute. humans are complicated. we surprise ourselves all the time so why can't the other person involved do the same, act out of the norm, surprise us all:)) those actions of my POI the readers couldn't pick up on. Once I realized that, I was done. plus time heals all wounds. when my wound was healed, or almost - I didn't feel the need.

Offline Chelle9054

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2019, 09:05:10 PM »
❤️

Offline Reviewer07

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2019, 07:38:50 AM »
I won't say that I no longer read, I do. but going from multiple reads a day to once a month or so, I would call that a success:)) and now they are more for entertainment than Really setting my heart on predictions. I am bored, I get a reading:)) I think I knew I was done after reading about people's stories on this forum. I realized no one was able to predict what I wanted to know about, they could tell me the present, tell me the past but the future...... they were all guessing depending on what they read at that very minute. humans are complicated. we surprise ourselves all the time so why can't the other person involved do the same, act out of the norm, surprise us all:)) those actions of my POI the readers couldn't pick up on. Once I realized that, I was done. plus time heals all wounds. when my wound was healed, or almost - I didn't feel the need.

This was pretty much what happened  with me. I don’t get readings much not even once a month anymore and previously at times I was getting multiple reads a day. I Just woke up to myself, stopped listening to the BS as nothing really came to pass and with time I got over the POI.

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2019, 04:33:27 PM »

Ohmygosh yeah I can see how that would be confusing. When they do predict something correctly it makes it seem like it's meant to be but even more so if they talk it up like this is your twin flame or life partner.

Ravenredwoman predicted that I would meet a man and the amount of detail she gave me about who he was and how it would happen was downright spooky. It turned out to be a guy from my past who I was already over (and when I saw him, I tried to evade him lol but it still played out exactly like she said.) But if it had been someone new I might have been convinced this was the man for me, just because of how she predicted it! Like I might have been chasing him down instead of vice versa. So weird to think about that.

This is why I think readings screw with us, even if they correctly predict a lot of things. They can see so many things but maybe misinterpret or put meaning on it that isn't true. And what if that influences my decisions in a way that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

I can so resonate with what you said. That's exactly what happened to me with my current ex. His name was mentioned by a psychic before he even came into my life and at that time, I had no idea who they were talking about. 3 months later this person reentered my life. It was a friend from the past, not a past lover. But this friend was married and this friend was always on the internet chatting up different females because he was an attention whore. He also had a strong air of arrogance attached to him. However, because we had been friends for the previous 3 years, and he then told me his sob story about his marriage that was about to end (which I later found out was total bullshit), I went with it. And the main reason I went with it because of what some psychics were telling me. Yes, I know, how weak I was to do that, but I did it anyway. I had so many gut instinct hesitations that I totally ignored based upon what the psychics were saying. I am excluding Kisha from this because I wasn't talking to her about this person back at that time. But all the others, namely one who's name I will not mention here, kept telling me how he was the one and that he would learn xyz lesson and then things would improve blah blah blah. Long story short, it's been 5 years and one month and nothing changed but got even worse and now the readings also changed from same psychics. Now it's "Well he WAS the one but chose not to learn his life lessons". Lol. Yeah so anyway...............lesson is.........LISTEN to YOURSELF and YOUR OWN INTUITION!!!!!!!! Look at the BEHAVIOR of the other person. Pay attention to how they TREAT YOU! We don't need a psychic for these things do we? Meh. If I could slap myself, I would.

Offline sparky

What helped me stop getting readings was I bought a house and a puppy.  The house prevents me from spending anymore money on readings and the puppy keeps me really busy.  I know not everyone cannot do that but hey it has kept me from getting a reading for a good few months.  So have to look a the bright side.  ;)

Offline scarlora

I havent been on here lately, but just wanted to reply to this thread I got a lot of readings in 2017 and early 2018. Slowed down a bunch and was getting about 1 or 2 a month until August 2018. I read with someone who saw my ex with his gf for the next 10 years.  Something in me changed because I felt like this could be true. I decided to act as if it was true and I suddenly got over him. It was almost overnight.  I'm now engaged to the guy I was seeing at the time I was getting these readings.  I was letting the readings hold me back from really liking him and knowing him.  Once I stopped, I was able to open up to him and realized what an amazing person he is.  Every "great" psychic was wrong about my ex.  Cookie, Tina, mattie, ladyp etc. 

Offline tellmewhy

I knew I was done when I was left with only with one trusted advisor (Yona) and I felt peace and content plus a ghost scare dream, this is when I knew I was completely over reading and happy with the way things are at the moment.

Offline unicornlove

Hi Unicorn... I don't think I have ever commented on your post before but I certainly have followed some of the convos you were in. I must say it used to freak me out a bit (and still does) how you call your POI your "target' lol I just keep getting images of someone dressed in camo - hunt to kill kind of stalker style hahaha I hope all is well and best of luck with the new guy :)

your target is a person you have spell work done on

Offline unicornlove

Best of luck unicorn.

thank you I still have not bought any

Offline Natashanyc

I havent been on here lately, but just wanted to reply to this thread I got a lot of readings in 2017 and early 2018. Slowed down a bunch and was getting about 1 or 2 a month until August 2018. I read with someone who saw my ex with his gf for the next 10 years.  Something in me changed because I felt like this could be true. I decided to act as if it was true and I suddenly got over him. It was almost overnight.  I'm now engaged to the guy I was seeing at the time I was getting these readings.  I was letting the readings hold me back from really liking him and knowing him.  Once I stopped, I was able to open up to him and realized what an amazing person he is.  Every "great" psychic was wrong about my ex.  Cookie, Tina, mattie, ladyp etc.

I soooo agree!!! Once I allowed myself to except the failure of my last relationship and understand it wasn’t meant to be and I can’t fix it , I allowed myself to get to know another man who was always there but I wasn’t paying him any mind. Now I’m happy with him , he gets on my nerves sometimes but I notice that the difference is he doesn’t fuel me to read like my ex did. I depended on reading before so maybe prevent myself from being hurt if I knew things beforehand but that didn’t work. I was hurt anyway and money wasn’t worth it. But the karma of it all is that I didn’t take him back and he’s now miserable with who he cheated on me with lol and I know this for Fact lol ... I’m sitting back like why didn’t I been throw on a Mary J album and leave his broke azz lmao

Offline scarlora

Hahah yes!  Glad you're better off too natashanyc